HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Goners

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2004, 06:56 PM
YotesFan

vCash: 500
Trade Deadline Goners

Who do you think the Coyotes will deal at the deadline and what do you guys think we'll get in return?

Is there anyway we could be buyers and try to go after a big time player we want for next season, if there is a next season?

Thoughts?

Old
02-04-2004, 07:00 PM
PhoPhan

With the situation the Coyotes are in right now, and the Amonte fiasco, there is no chance the Coyotes are buyers for a little while.

Old
02-04-2004, 07:03 PM
hbk

Burke - early pick and/or prospect
Sillinger - 3rd round pick to 5th round pick
Savage - 7th round pick
Gratton - 2nd round pick to 3rd round pick or a prospect
Ference - 2nd round pick and/or prospect

Old
02-04-2004, 07:30 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk

Burke - early pick and/or prospect
Sillinger - 3rd round pick to 5th round pick
Savage - 7th round pick
Gratton - 2nd round pick to 3rd round pick or a prospect
Ference - 2nd round pick and/or prospect
I think we would give Savage free of charge. (Or future consideration as they say).
His contract is just too heavy for his production.

Would you like that the management work out a package including Burke to get Gagne?

Old
02-04-2004, 07:40 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
I think we would give Savage free of charge. (Or future consideration as they say).
His contract is just too heavy for his production.

Would you like that the management work out a package including Burke to get Gagne?
I agree. Your not worth the MOney SAVAGE!!!

That would be awesome if we could put together a package for Gagne. We would have to give up a lot though.

Old
02-04-2004, 07:41 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan
That would be awesome if we could put together a package for Gagne. We would have to give up a lot though.
I'm not so sure about that. I've heard conflicting reports ranging from Gagne is the least tradeable asset on the team to he is a bust and should be moved immediately.

Old
02-04-2004, 07:51 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I'm not so sure about that. I've heard conflicting reports ranging from Gagne is the least tradeable asset on the team to he is a bust and should be moved immediately.
Yeah I have read a few things like that many Flyers fans wanted Gagne to go instead of Williams. I think he might well be available. And maybe even reachable.

Old
02-04-2004, 07:56 PM
YotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
I mean we would have to give up a lot in our (yotes fan's) eyes because Burke's value is so high to us, but not much to other teams. So we would give up some other high value assests to get Gagne.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:10 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan
I mean we would have to give up a lot in our (yotes fan's) eyes because Burke's value is so high to us, but not much to other teams. So we would give up some other high value assests to get Gagne.

Once again, that may not neccesarily be true, if the Flyers are truly done with Gagne. Obviously something would need to be added to Burke, but will it be a 3rd rounder or a Nagy?

Old
02-04-2004, 08:17 PM
hbk

I don't think Clarke will deal Gagne.

I think that is what Washington or Tampa Bay will ask for to part with their netminder but Burke's asking price will likely be lower (I think he's a better goalie than Kolzig but not worth debating).

Essentially, Clarke will use the Coyotes as leverage on Kolzig. If he doesn't like their asking price then he will pursue Burke at the cost of a prospect and/or draft pick. Who and what pick are question marks but likely some Philli fans won't be happy if it comes down to this.

Old
02-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Yotes03

I'm sure this isn't going to be a very popular post but what the hell...I think we should trade Boucher. Outside of those 6 games, he has been very average and right now he still has some buzz going from his streak. He's going to bring in much more than Burke right now. I'm willing to move him and keep Sean until Pelts or Lenny are ready.

I would also love to see them unload Sillinger, Gratton and Savage.

Closed Thread