HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Lapointe cleared to return

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2004, 12:00 PM
  #1
Flyers26
 
Flyers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: We must accept disap
Country: United States
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
With Lapointe back, we can finally see Fridge back on the bench where he belongs.

Gagné Roenick Comrie
Leclair Handzus Recchi
Brashear Primeau Kapanen
Amonte Lapointe Sharp

Johnsson Weinrich
Pitkanen Ragnarrson
Markov Timander


We definitely can move some people now.
I've liked Timander's play and would ratehr see Bundy go before him.
Our 4th line is stacked with possibilities, who stays , who goes???
I say it's clean up time. I don't want to see Sharp sent down, he deserves to stay up here. I like Somik but not enough, he and Fridge need to go and so does Therien and Weinrich. Make some deals Clarkie boy!
No way they put Amonte on the 4th line. I bet Brash will be down to the 4th, with Gagne on the 3rd, and Amonte up with JR.

Flyers26 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:15 PM
  #2
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
No way they put Amonte on the 4th line. I bet Brash will be down to the 4th, with Gagne on the 3rd, and Amonte up with JR.
How'd you quote the post after yours?

Anywho, I think they're trying to get Gagne and Comrie scoring. Comrie will probably drop off that line and Amonte will move into his place in the 3rd period.

As far as trading Fedoruk or Somik. With the Flyers having had injuries just about everywhere I think they both might be kept just in case.

edit-what's going on here?

blah is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
  #3
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
With Lapointe back, we can finally see Fridge back on the bench where he belongs.

Gagné Roenick Comrie
Leclair Handzus Recchi
Brashear Primeau Kapanen
Amonte Lapointe Sharp

Johnsson Weinrich
Pitkanen Ragnarrson
Markov Timander


We definitely can move some people now.
I've liked Timander's play and would ratehr see Bundy go before him.
Our 4th line is stacked with possibilities, who stays , who goes???
I say it's clean up time. I don't want to see Sharp sent down, he deserves to stay up here. I like Somik but not enough, he and Fridge need to go and so does Therien and Weinrich. Make some deals Clarkie boy!
Yeah, lets make this team even more soft and break up a 4th line that was actually bringing consistant energy.

paxtang is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:23 PM
  #4
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Yeah, lets make this team even more soft and break up a 4th line that was actually bringing consistant energy.
Hitch doesn't let them fight and they can't score. It's pointless to put Fridge-Brashear on the ice.

blah is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:48 PM
  #5
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Hitch doesn't let them fight and they can't score. It's pointless to put Fridge-Brashear on the ice.
Ok, well I just hope they sit one against Washington and Verot fights Roenick.

Besides, Fedoruk has proven he can play 7-9 minutes. I wasn't just talking about fights, I was talkign about checks and solid down low play. He IMO has improved enough to earn a spot on the team. 4th liners don't need to score, they open up the ice for the other lines to do that, scoring from 4th lines to me is a bonus.

paxtang is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 12:56 PM
  #6
DanKordicsFist
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Hitch doesn't let them fight and they can't score. It's pointless to put Fridge-Brashear on the ice.
You got proof?

Brashear won't fight or people won't fight him. He has become expendable. Fedoruk still doesn't have the big rep so people will fight him and he will fight them. He is what Brashear is supposed to be.

 
Old
02-03-2004, 01:06 PM
  #7
swflyers8*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I agree that Sharp should stay. He is shown me alot in the past few games. He has surpassed Somik in skill and heart. I like Somik but he does nothing for us. I say put him out there for trade bait along with Therien and Weinrich. I like having Markov and Timander on our blueline. They play very physical and that is what we will need come playoff time. All Clarke should do is this:

Somik/Therien/a pick to MIN for Fernandez
Somik/Therien/a pick to Buffalo for Biron
Somik/Therien/a pick to WAS for Kolzig
Somik and a pick to PHO for Burke.

I don't know if one of the centers would be trade bait. We do have 5 now. Not saying I would want this to happen but Comrie would be attractive to other teams.

Just my opinion....

swflyers8* is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 02:28 PM
  #8
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Ok, well I just hope they sit one against Washington and Verot fights Roenick.

Besides, Fedoruk has proven he can play 7-9 minutes. I wasn't just talking about fights, I was talkign about checks and solid down low play. He IMO has improved enough to earn a spot on the team. 4th liners don't need to score, they open up the ice for the other lines to do that, scoring from 4th lines to me is a bonus.
Well the last game Fedoruk fought Verot and Brashear fought Peat if I remember correctly. So I can see them both being in there for the Caps game. Against the Bolts there really was no need for Fedoruk. Who's he gonna fight on TB?

Fedoruk and Brashear have both gotten better but they're still not very good. Brashear always goes into the corners and comes out w/ the puck, which is good, but then he has NO CLUE what to do with the puck. The closest Flyer to one of Brashear's centering passes is usually Esche.

blah is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 02:33 PM
  #9
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Well the last game Fedoruk fought Verot and Brashear fought Peat if I remember correctly. So I can see them both being in there for the Caps game. Against the Bolts there really was no need for Fedoruk. Who's he gonna fight on TB?

Fedoruk and Brashear have both gotten better but they're still not very good. Brashear always goes into the corners and comes out w/ the puck, which is good, but then he has NO CLUE what to do with the puck. The closest Flyer to one of Brashear's centering passes is usually Esche.
Honestly, I could care less if Brashear plays.

On Tampa Bay they have Dingman and Roy. The first time we played them Dingman ran Roenick so Vandermeer fought him.

paxtang is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 02:39 PM
  #10
Blindside9711
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Misplaced SOB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
The closest Flyer to one of Brashear's centering passes is usually Esche.
So true... I'd send a package of two of Somik/Brashear/Therien/Ragnarsson to Minny for Manny. Other than that, I like our team once Rico and Chico are both healthy again.

Blindside9711 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 02:41 PM
  #11
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Honestly, I could care less if Brashear plays.

On Tampa Bay they have Dingman and Roy. The first time we played them Dingman ran Roenick so Vandermeer fought him.
So then why are you saying Fedoruk deserves 7-9 mins a game?

Good point, but Brashear easily takes Dingman or Roy.

blah is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 02:51 PM
  #12
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Lapointe cleared to return

With Lapointe back, we can finally see Fridge back on the bench where he belongs.

Gagné Roenick Comrie
Leclair Handzus Recchi
Brashear Primeau Kapanen
Amonte Lapointe Sharp

Johnsson Weinrich
Pitkanen Ragnarrson
Markov Timander


We definitely can move some people now.
I've liked Timander's play and would ratehr see Bundy go before him.
Our 4th line is stacked with possibilities, who stays , who goes???
I say it's clean up time. I don't want to see Sharp sent down, he deserves to stay up here. I like Somik but not enough, he and Fridge need to go and so does Therien and Weinrich. Make some deals Clarkie boy!

Teezax is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 04:27 PM
  #13
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
So then why are you saying Fedoruk deserves 7-9 mins a game?

Good point, but Brashear easily takes Dingman or Roy.
I don't understand what you mean. I said Fedoruk has proven he can take a regular shift. He provides physical play, and is a better enforcer than Brashear. Brashear takes nights off, Fedoruk doesn't.

paxtang is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
  #14
DanKordicsFist
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Brashear easily takes Dingman or Roy.
The only problem being will Dingman or Roy fight Brashear?

Yabo wanted Brashear and he wouldn't fight, not the first or last time he wouldn't fight either.

I don't have any problem with his play, per se, but he isn't doing his natural job. He doesn't even hit as much as he should and he let's his team mates get run by other teams without making them pay in ANY way. For an enforcer to be effective he has to enforce. Maybe youth is the way to go for that position.

 
Old
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
  #15
paxtang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
The only problem being will Dingman or Roy fight Brashear?

Yabo wanted Brashear and he wouldn't fight, not the first or last time he wouldn't fight either.

I don't have any problem with his play, per se, but he isn't doing his natural job. He doesn't even hit as much as he should and he let's his team mates get run by other teams without making them pay in ANY way. For an enforcer to be effective he has to enforce. Maybe youth is the way to go for that position.
Brash fought Roy and destroyed him.

Not that I don't agree with you, just thought I'd bring that up.

paxtang is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 07:45 PM
  #16
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Honestly, I could care less if Brashear plays.
Come on, Brashear killing Peat has become a tradition! I look forward to it every time we play the Caps.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
  #17
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
in my opinion, Comrie is the most expendable player, I have only seen him play once or twice since we go thim, but I have yet to really hear anything about him, and now that Lapointe is back, we have 6 natural centers and 7 if you count Gagne

RoDu is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 08:05 PM
  #18
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
I think they've handled Comrie very poorly.

blah is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 08:08 PM
  #19
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
in my opinion, Comrie is the most expendable player, I have only seen him play once or twice since we go thim, but I have yet to really hear anything about him, and now that Lapointe is back, we have 6 natural centers and 7 if you count Gagne
That is crazy - he is 23 and has first line offensive talent. He needs time in this system, and he is in a new position. You have not heard because he is getting 13 mins per game and often with non scoring wingers - give him a chance.

Rex88 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 08:19 PM
  #20
DanKordicsFist
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
That is crazy - he is 23 and has first line offensive talent. He needs time in this system, and he is in a new position. You have not heard because he is getting 13 mins per game and often with non scoring wingers - give him a chance.
Remember him centering Gagne and Williams? Ah the salad days. That puck followed him everywhere.

 
Old
02-03-2004, 08:19 PM
  #21
FlyersGuy69
Registered User
 
FlyersGuy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I can't see why anybody would want to trade Comrie because he has showed exceptional skills and he heldout for almost half the season. I think we may have to wait for the playoffs or maybe next year to see what Comrie will really add to this team.

FlyersGuy69 is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 09:24 PM
  #22
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
hmm I guess giving Woywitka and a 1st is still stinging a bit
no wonder we are ranked #27 in prospect depth

RoDu is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 08:35 AM
  #23
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
I agree that Comrie is the most expendable. He has high trade value, and plays poor defense. Clearly he has some sick skills, but we really dont need him with the forward depth we already have. Comrie for a goalie could go down if Antero cant cut it.

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:15 AM
  #24
Flyers26
 
Flyers26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: We must accept disap
Country: United States
Posts: 7,663
vCash: 500
Lapointe should be in the lineup, vs. Atlanta.

Flyers26 is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
  #25
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Lapointe should be in the lineup, vs. Atlanta.
I don't think so. I heard he's playing in the Phantom's next two games and then would be back after the all-star break.

Winston Wolf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.