HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Vancouver @ Calgary

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Jarome Iginla 9 33.33%
Dion Phaneuf 8 29.63%
Daymond Langkow 0 0%
Alex Tanguay 1 3.70%
Wayne Primeau 3 11.11%
Miikka Kiprusoff 6 22.22%
Other - please specify 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-26-2008, 10:46 AM
gotyourtowel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBanana View Post
I don't know if that actually helps us. If the Wild win, it means we're more likely to face them in the first round and the majority of Flames fans believe that's a favourable match up.
Oh come on now...here I am trying to come here and be all positive in the spirit of sportsmanship, ya know building a bond over the fact that we all despise the Canucks, and all you can do is throw negativity back at me

gotyourtowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
By the way, I don't know if I've ever asked a Canucks fan this on here yet, but what do you think of Byron Ritchie?
Not much.
He brings grit, and that's about it (not even toughness really.)
He's a team-worst -13, with only 9 points, same as Miller and Linden (in more games.)
AV has shown he likes him this season, as he'll do the dirty work, but he's been scratched recently and last night's performance was not much better. He was basically hanging on Langkow doing nothing on the first Flames goal. He also seems pretty lost as a penalty killer.
Basicaly, he sucks.

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 11:16 AM
CBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotyourtowel View Post
Oh come on now...here I am trying to come here and be all positive in the spirit of sportsmanship, ya know building a bond over the fact that we all despise the Canucks, and all you can do is throw negativity back at me
Sorry gotyourtowel, I'm an old school Flames fan and the Canucks were never any where near as hated as the Oilers back in the 80s. Growing up in Calgary, I've been taught from a very young age to seethe with hatred at the site of an Oilers logo. Now, I live in Edmonton and hating the Oilers (and Esks) is even more natural than ever.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
gotyourtowel

Quote:
Sorry gotyourtowel, I'm an old school Flames fan and the Canucks were never any where near as hated as the Oilers back in the 80s. Growing up in Calgary, I've been taught from a very young age to seethe with hatred at the site of an Oilers logo. Now, I live in Edmonton and hating the Oilers (and Esks) is even more natural than ever.
Ha ha ha...no worries...I know how ya feel. Personally I am glad the Flames are in the playoffs, now there is another chance for the BoA Playoff Style after we bump Colorado/Vancouver for 8th

Old
03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
I am going to have to disagree with you there sir. I would much rather the Oilers be in the playoffs than the Canucks. I too grew up in the heat of the BOA but now I have more disdain for the Canucks than the Oilers. I feel compelled to cheer for the Oilers as they play an exciting breed of hockey and would love to see Alberta well represented in the playoffs. As well I find Canucks fans to be ignorant and even violent when their team loses.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 12:59 PM
CBanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
I am going to have to disagree with you there sir. I would much rather the Oilers be in the playoffs than the Canucks. I too grew up in the heat of the BOA but now I have more disdain for the Canucks than the Oilers. I feel compelled to cheer for the Oilers as they play an exciting breed of hockey and would love to see Alberta well represented in the playoffs. As well I find Canucks fans to be ignorant and even violent when their team loses.
Liking the Oilers? Yuck! To each their own but if the Oilers ever win a Stanley Cup within the next decade my life will be pure hell.

I was actually at a Flames/Oilers games at the saddledome earlier this year, and the Oilers fans there were pretty obnoxious, low class, and sometimes violent too. I'm not going to tar an entire fan base based on one game but it did colour my experiences.

As for Canucks fans my dad is one so I'm not going to say many bad things about them (although the Lou chant and their constant defending of Todd Bertuzzi does annoy me). The last Flames/Canucks game I was at, the Canucks fans were actually pretty civil.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 01:09 PM
gotyourtowel

I was at the Oilers/Canucks game in Edmonton last week and the Canuck fans were pretty good for the most part, at least till the game ended and they walked the halls of Rexall chanting "Oilers Suck" (which I guess is understandable and was quite funny when the rest of the place started chanting back "Never won a cup"). I was at an Oilers/Flames pre-season game in Edmonton and everyone was fairly well behaved. I was at an Oilers/Canucks pre-season game last year in Vancouver and had beer dumped on me so not a good experience. I have tickets to the Oilers/Flames game here on Saturday so that should be interesting, first time on "hostile ground" and tickets to the game in Edmonton on Tuesday. Should be entertaining hockey, no matter what happens.

Old
03-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Agent007

Man you guys have honestly the best captain in the NHL. Iggy is one of my favourite non Canuck players and it kills me that he plays for a Canuck rival.

There were a ton of people on the Canuck board that thought Calgary would be a good match for us in the playoffs and I kept on saying I don't think so.

The Flames are a team that is built for the playoffs and I wouldn't be suprised if you guys go on a nice run as long as you guys don't shoot yourselves in the foot which you've done more then enough this season already.

It's going to be tough to win the division only because Minnesota plays 4 of the next 5 games on home ice while the Flames play 4 out of the next 5 on the road.

If you guys can beat Minnesota on April 3rd you should be able to win the division but it's going to be tough.

Great game last night and you guys are honestly real fortunate to have a player like Iggy on your team as well as a stud like Phaneuf on the back end and a top goaltender like Kipper.

Personally I still think the Canucks are a season away from being a top team in the NHL and I fully expect our offensive woes to be addressed this summer so enjoy being on top while it lasts and goodluck in the playoffs.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
special_loob

as great as it would be for nashville to miss the playoffs, have their fans completely forget about the team and then watch them move to canada for 09... i'd actually like to see the preds in.

i hate the oilers, and i hate canucks. i'd love it if they both missed the playoffs.

special_loob is offline   Reply With Quote