HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL08 rosters updated once again (xbox live)

Old
03-26-2008, 11:25 PM
HabsDrifter

vCash: 500
If the guy is good, ur zizgzag won't do nothing...you have to create openings for chances, you know like real hockey.

HabsDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 12:43 AM
monsterdave11

Theres nothing more frustrating than carrying the puck into the offensive zone and then suddenly getting hammered by the opposing defenseman. I always use the skill-stick L2 + right or left arrow to avoid contact. Notice how more ppl are picking Washington..ovechkin has a nasty wrist shot! O ya and datsyuk and zetterberg are ridiculous!!!! On a side note, why is sergei federov ranked 89 and smolinski an 84!! While plekanec is a mere 82! and get this. OLLI Jokinen's an 83!

monsterdave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 01:35 AM
MacHabs93

I used to play mostly as SJ or NYR, sometimes MTL... But since the last update, it's been MTL all the time, except once when the other dude took em and for that, I lost! And I was on a 16 W streak too, started and ended by MTL! Meh, had to lose one at some point.

MacHabs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 08:28 AM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDrifter View Post
If the guy is good, ur zizgzag won't do nothing...you have to create openings for chances, you know like real hockey.
u obviously havent played online, dude im a level 20, my record is 190-38-10, im a very quick passer, and create all kinds of plays, its literally impossible to beat someone thats good with the cheater control.

Quote:
For the record i had a 20game winning streak, where i wouldnt allow more then 2-8 shots a game, and winning 8-0 6-1 games, yeah it was so much fun and realistic.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-27-2008 at 04:18 PM.
jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterdave11 View Post
Theres nothing more frustrating than carrying the puck into the offensive zone and then suddenly getting hammered by the opposing defenseman. I always use the skill-stick L2 + right or left arrow to avoid contact. Notice how more ppl are picking Washington..ovechkin has a nasty wrist shot! O ya and datsyuk and zetterberg are ridiculous!!!! On a side note, why is sergei federov ranked 89 and smolinski an 84!! While plekanec is a mere 82! and get this. OLLI Jokinen's an 83!

I think you havent downloaded the new, new rosters..

Smolinski downgraded to 79 i believe, S.Kost is there.. with a 79 overall.. not bad at all.. Komi upgraded to 82, Streit to 81 !! the habs are indeed a good team to play with now.. but as lost of people say.. its ridiculous how people just try to do the corner thing.. from anywhere.. its stupid.. anyway... if they wanna feel good about it so be it..

habs new roster :

offense 86
defense 85
goaltending 82

Anaheim as a sick

off 85
defense 91 !!!
goaltending 84 or 85.. cant recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
For the record i had a 20game winning streak, where i wouldnt allow more then 2-8 shots a game, and winning 8-0 6-1 games, yeah it was so much fun and realistic.
agree, a game will always have its flaws.... and its ok to use them.. but its not real life that obvious. but nhl08 is not the nhl.. any level player could be part of the league.. now lets plays our real habs against some kids from the corner, what would be the score? anyway.. the games has frustrating flaws... but what game doesnt.. its still a huge improvement from last year edition. dont you agree?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-27-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Corky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
I think you havent downloaded the new, new rosters..

Smolinski downgraded to 79 i believe, S.Kost is there.. with a 79 overall.. not bad at all.. Komi upgraded to 82, Streit to 81 !! the habs are indeed a good team to play with now.. but as lost of people say.. its ridiculous how people just try to do the corner thing.. from anywhere.. its stupid.. anyway... if they wanna feel good about it so be it..

habs new roster :

offense 86
defense 85
goaltending 82

Anaheim as a sick

off 85
defense 91 !!!
goaltending 84 or 85.. cant recall.
Yeah, Anaheim is very fun to play with, they are though, they hit well and it seems there is always somebody in front of the net to bang in your one-timers.

That plus the fact that getting the puck up-ice with Niedermeyer or Pronger is a real joy in nhl 2008. They are so smooth they're unstoppable.

Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:49 AM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
agree, a game will always have its flaws.... and its ok to use them.. but its not real life that obvious. but nhl08 is not the nhl.. any level player could be part of the league.. now lets plays our real habs against some kids from the corner, what would be the score? anyway.. the games has frustrating flaws... but what game doesnt.. its still a huge improvement from last year edition. dont you agree?
agree 100% with your statement. I was just saying that its not Ottawa/Anahein/Pittsburgh that make the game unfair but the controls. Believe i wouldnt have almost 300 games played if I didnt think that game was great and it is. I've had Montreal for 95% of my games, doesnt matter who I face I usually win.

Last edited by jdmef8vtec*: 03-27-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old
03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
HabsDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
u obviously havent played online, dude im a level 20, my record is 190-38-10, im a very quick passer, and create all kinds of plays, its literally impossible to beat someone thats good with the cheater control.
Hooo I'm sorry that i'm not as good as you (167-57-17 level 16) But if you don't mind me asking, how do you make those quick realese pass?

HabsDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:56 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Hooo I'm sorry that i'm not as good as you (167-57-17 level 16) But if you don't mind me asking, how do you make those quick realese pass?
dude you dont have to get sarcastic like that with me, i wasnt implying im better then anyone. Your comment saying you have to create chances is ridiculous if your record is that good cause you would know as well as I do, no matter how good you are if you play someone with classic control and there good at it, chances are its a very tough game and you dont get many scoring chances. Dont get me wrong ive also won some of those games, but you know right awaay its gonna be a tough game. My trick with those guys i zig zag to avoid the hits then fake shot near the slot with a direct pass one timer, they pass much quicker on the fake shots and you score quite often. I never do that unless im playing classic control player.

Old
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
kovaless

what is kovalevs rating with the new roster update?

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalicious View Post
what is kovalevs rating with the new roster update?
he's 82

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote