HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We aren't going to make the playoffs.

Old
03-27-2008, 02:53 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

vCash: 500
i would rather miss the playoffs than have an early exit...

SaucyNavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
StrictlyCommercial

vCash: 766
I'm going to go out on a limb and say "We are going to make the playoffs."

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulisian Spinorama View Post
Vancouver, baby!

In a nutshell dude. In a nutshell.

Old
03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
Seconded. They're going to make the playoffs.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:05 PM
zepps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Seconded. They're going to make the playoffs.
I'll go with you guys on this one.

zepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
StrictlyCommercial

vCash: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepps View Post
I'll go with you guys on this one.
I think people just like to be pessimisstic because either way they 'win'. It takes way more emotional commitment to be positive, but man the payoff is going to be HUGE.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:13 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
I think people just like to be pessimisstic because either way they 'win'. It takes way more emotional commitment to be positive, but man the payoff is going to be HUGE.
Maybe people are pessimistic because of the history of the Vancouver franchise, and its complete inability to be successful. That, and the fact that the Canucks failed to address their glaring gaps this season.

kurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Maybe people are pessimistic because of the history of the Vancouver franchise, and its complete inability to be successful. That, and the fact that the Canucks failed to address their glaring gaps this season.
True enough, makes you wonder if the pessimism helps or hurts the team?

It seems as though the longer this team goes without a Stanley Cup, the worse the atmosphere around the team is going to get. And the scary reality is that the 'expect failure' atmosphere around the Canucks is already one of the worst in the NHL, if not one of the worst in all of North American professional sports. It's like it's becoming a self-fufilling prophecy.

Even as an optmist I'm beginning to have serious doubts if I'll see the Canucks win the cup in my lifetime and I'm only 23 (and mutiple people in my family lived to be over 100)...

For whatever reason the Canucks just have a history of extreamly ill-time injuries, poor trades, below average to average drafting, management that drives players or prospects away, and a bloated local sports media that focuses almost all of their attention on the Canucks.

Tb0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
PecaFan

Of course we'll make the playoffs. We'll probably back in when Nashville blows a game or two against St. Louis or Chicago, but we'll definitely be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
Even as an optmist I'm beginning to have serious doubts if I'll see the Canucks win the cup in my lifetime and I'm only 23 (and mutiple people in my family lived to be over 100)...
Eh, you'll probably make it. They'll probably fluke out one in the next 60 years.

After nearly 40 years of continuous disappointment following this team, I've given up on the one in *my* lifetime. Not gonna happen for me.

PecaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 06:53 PM
DayQuil*

Quote:
I hope your right.

DayQuil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecaFan View Post
Of course we'll make the playoffs. We'll probably back in when Nashville blows a game or two against St. Louis or Chicago, but we'll definitely be in.

Eh, you'll probably make it. They'll probably fluke out one in the next 60 years.

After nearly 40 years of continuous disappointment following this team, I've given up on the one in *my* lifetime. Not gonna happen for me.
Let's hope they prove us both wrong soon.

Tb0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:00 PM
DayQuil*

Quote:
First off, i do agree with your post, it is hard to be postive during times like this; but i think this has been a failure of a season even if we enter 8th spot (Season wise). Considering what happened last year and this year... Entering this year my expectations for this team was atleast win the divison/ or a 2nd round playoff run.

Then everyone says look forward to the UFA season, Nazzy and Mo are off the books... Nonis is not commited at throwing large contracts, and now has 3/4 top 6 positions to fill...

I hope Nonis/Vigneault get the message that this system does not work... We don't need so much money invested into defense when we have the best goalie in the world... we need offense!

I know i went slightly off-topic there... but what im basically trying to say is yes its nice to have a playoff push and all but there are people who like to think realistically... I stated reasons on why I feel we wont make it in this year so it wasn't just a negative thread with no explanation.

Old
03-29-2008, 08:03 PM
vcx*

I think the only way the Canucks make the playoffs is if they wake up and win the rest of their games or at least 3 out of 4 with the 4th one going into OT for at least 1pt. Can this team do it? Yeah.

Time to start calling up players for their energy in the first few games for a boost.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:04 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
I'm growing weary of Nonis' tenure here. Fire him and let Tamby take the reigns.

Old
03-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Macke*

Early game tomorrow, Pred Vs Wings.... 12 Pacific.

If the Preds win that game I really do think it's over even if Vancouver wins thiers.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
DayQuil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
I think the only way the Canucks make the playoffs is if they wake up and win the rest of their games or at least 3 out of 4 with the 4th one going into OT for at least 1pt. Can this team do it? Yeah.

Time to start calling up players for their energy in the first few games for a boost.

Old
03-29-2008, 08:17 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post

If the Preds win that game I really do think it's over even if Vancouver wins thiers.
If you're the Wings... do you feel Nashville would be "easier" than Vancouver due to familiarity and also lack of consistent goaltending?

If that's the case, then do you tank this game so you give yourself a better chance of playing them in the playoffs?

all conspiracy theory-ish but i wouldn't be surprised if the wings lose this (not because of the above reasons, necessarily, but because Detroit has really nothing to play for)

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:33 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
If you're the Wings... do you feel Nashville would be "easier" than Vancouver due to familiarity and also lack of consistent goaltending?

If that's the case, then do you tank this game so you give yourself a better chance of playing them in the playoffs?

all conspiracy theory-ish but i wouldn't be surprised if the wings lose this (not because of the above reasons, necessarily, but because Detroit has really nothing to play for)
Detroit is 3-3-1 vs Nashville.

3-1 vs Vancouver.

If I was detroit I chose to play injured battered Vancouver Canucks.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:34 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post

YOur an embarrasement to all Vancouver fans. HOnestly

If they win, we win. Next game we win, they lose, all of a sudden brand new ball game.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
DayQuil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
YOur an embarrasement to all Vancouver fans. HOnestly

If they win, we win. Next game we win, they lose, all of a sudden brand new ball game.
Your an embarassment to this country.

He is entitled to his opinion... so let him have it.

Enough with the "IF" games... We are on a losing streak, Luongo's head is not in the right place, and we can't score... another loss will be crucial to the moral of this team.

Old
03-29-2008, 08:37 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLu View Post
No **** sherlock, i was just stating my opinion on the matter. This entire thread is repetitive, might as well close it then since there will be similar opinions.

Old
03-29-2008, 08:39 PM
DayQuil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
No **** sherlock, i was just stating my opinion on the matter. This entire thread is repetitive, might as well close it then since there will be similar opinions.
LOL, its not an opinion... its a fact...

If everyone on this board decided to have sex with Gary Bettman, would you?

I also found it funny how you referred to me being sherlock.

Old
03-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Brownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrink View Post
You all see it my way yet?
Your prediction is looking good right now, but there's no need to parade around like you're some sort of genius. I still remember you saying that Bieksa's career was over when he got cut and how Kesler should have been pressing charges against Pronger.

Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb0ne View Post
True enough, makes you wonder if the pessimism helps or hurts the team?

It seems as though the longer this team goes without a Stanley Cup, the worse the atmosphere around the team is going to get. And the scary reality is that the 'expect failure' atmosphere around the Canucks is already one of the worst in the NHL, if not one of the worst in all of North American professional sports. It's like it's becoming a self-fufilling prophecy.

For whatever reason the Canucks just have a history of extreamly ill-time injuries, poor trades, below average to average drafting, management that drives players or prospects away, and a bloated local sports media that focuses almost all of their attention on the Canucks.

Not as many teams have been as superior to the canucks as you may think.

Coyotes, Panthers, Kings, Sabres, Blues, Blackhawks, Capitals, Bruins, Rangers(minus a couple goals ) Islanders(since 84), Philadelphia, and then expansion franchises such as florida, columbus, Atlanta.... three words:

SUCK SUCK SUCK

Oh yeah did i forget someone...someone blue and white?

We are only 1 of many mediocre franchises.

Penguins, Canadians, Devils, Oilers, Red Wings, Avs, Islanders, Flames, Stars, and Rangers were the only teams to win cups before from 1976 - 04. thats only 9 teams in almost 30 years.

the Canucks might miss the playoffs this year but theyve won a couple divisions and a couple playoff rounds in recent memory. Thats nothing to brag about but we dont have as much reason as some teams fans do to be pessimistic

Youreallygotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Johnny LaRue

Running the table in these next three games would be pretty special.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote