HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Hey speedster what's wrong with your boy?

Old
03-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Cowtown

vCash: 500
Hey speedster what's wrong with your boy?

Your boy Evander seems to be struggling in the playoffs so far. You don't have much to say on here when he isn't doing so well do ya. 1 point in 4 games, the full howse made him look like a little boy in the van/chilli series. Guess he doesn't have it in the clutch. As I thought CPZ made that kid this year. Without CPZ he would have been lucky to score 5 goals this year. Just seen the mid mid march 2009 rankings come out an hour ago and your boy has dropped to 4th round. Better start a few new threads and pump his tires before people forget about him. haha

All kidding aside Evander will be a good player but I think he needs to pass more. From what I seen from him this year he doesn't have very good play making abilities. Always elects to shoot.
You know speedster stop disrespecting the 2009 draft class. It is very talented and they still have a year of development and lots of things are going to change.

Cowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:02 AM
deanosaur

i think evander gets last laugh since his team swept

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Big Daddy

Howse had a coming out party this round, he was a top 4 forward along with Moller, Campos, and Santorelli the entire series. He was flying every game and his release/shot is impressive. I look forward to seeing him next year as he should be a leader with Santorelli likely moving on.

Kane did not have a great series but he is ok. He is a shoot first player when he has better options but I think with Don Hay in his ear he will change his game. All the other areas of his game are sound.

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Cowtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
i think evander gets last laugh since his team swept
And I also think they should have swept Chilliwack. Considering chilliwack is brutal. The fact that they were all one goal games should have the giants worried going into the next round against spokane. Unless they can pick up their game.

Cowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 04:42 PM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
Your boy Evander seems to be struggling in the playoffs so far. You don't have much to say on here when he isn't doing so well do ya. 1 point in 4 games, the full howse made him look like a little boy in the van/chilli series. Guess he doesn't have it in the clutch. As I thought CPZ made that kid this year. Without CPZ he would have been lucky to score 5 goals this year. Just seen the mid mid march 2009 rankings come out an hour ago and your boy has dropped to 4th round. Better start a few new threads and pump his tires before people forget about him. haha

All kidding aside Evander will be a good player but I think he needs to pass more. From what I seen from him this year he doesn't have very good play making abilities. Always elects to shoot.
You know speedster stop disrespecting the 2009 draft class. It is very talented and they still have a year of development and lots of things are going to change.
GOSH!!! A thread with my name on it... I'm think I'm going to swoon!

First, the above poster was right 'vanders team did get the last laugh...

second.... on what planet did Ryan"full"howse outplay kane? What cause of the lucky but ultimately useless goal he got? Did you see the utter fearlessness and hustle 'kaner displayed? Even parking his 16yr old fanny in front of the net to screen the goalie repeatedly? His absolute lack of fear of shooting?

Hey man, sometimes they go in, sometimes not... the important thing is was he creating chances? yes... has he been a top 6 forward the entire series.. yes (in fact his coach still wouldn't bench him when his line wasn't producing... why? cause he had eyes and could tell that kane never stopped hustling.

Zabotel is a good linemate for him, yet you should ask yourself is it casey that made 'vander, or the other way around? I actually think they make a pretty good tag team and help one another. 'vander and nunn make zabotel alot braver. Casey is actually better known as a finisher so his assist total this year is interesting..

Kane actually did pass alot more earlier in the year and apparently was told to shoot more (maybe cause zabs wasn't ready for most of the passes)

Either way it was a good series and just one more step in his coming out party.. I can't wait to see that one mighty thread on HFBOARDS that declares...."HEY ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS KANE STUD????"

Oh and I have mad love for the true players of the 2009 draft.. as I've said before its nothing against the kids... I was just irritated by the guys who would repeatedly keep pimping the same overblown players again and again. The proof is in the pudding.. Its the difference btw alex diagel who was all flash an paul kariya or adam deadmarsh who had heart. Wether kane passes or shoots enough the bottom line is the kid became a player this year... respect is where its due.
however we could discuss ferraro again if ya want

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
the_speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Howse had a coming out party this round, he was a top 4 forward along with Moller, Campos, and Santorelli the entire series. He was flying every game and his release/shot is impressive. I look forward to seeing him next year as he should be a leader with Santorelli likely moving on.

Kane did not have a great series but he is ok. He is a shoot first player when he has better options but I think with Don Hay in his ear he will change his game. All the other areas of his game are sound.
word is hay actually asked him to shoot first.... gary nunn is a speedster and casey's got an impresive skill set , but both struggled to finish earlier in the year so their lines philosophy changed. Hay LOVES the kid as evidenced by the fact that he has not scratched a 16yr old rookie ONCE this year (while he's taken out a couple of the veterans) no matter how high or low the team was

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote