HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Larry Brooks ***** slaps Marty

Old
03-27-2008, 04:51 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Larry Brooks ***** slaps Marty

Larry Brooks asked Henrik Lundqvist about Martin Brodeur's comments in SI about him being "weird"

Quote:
"I have to tell you, I respect Marty a lot, and it's always a great challenge for me to play against him, but I don't know what to say about what he said about me," a rather bemused Lundqvist told The Post yesterday. "Does he think my style is weird? I don't think I have a weird style.

"Does he think that I'm weird as person? I don't think I'm weird. I don't know what to say.
"
Marty is upset Henrik didn't shake his hand at the award ceremony in Toronto last June.As Henrik said why didn't Marty approach him.

Quote:
When the Devils owned the Rangers through a 24-3-13 run over seven years preceding the lockout, Brodeur crowed about his team's superiority. He luxuriated in kicking the Blueshirts while they were down.

Now, though, with the Rangers 6-0 this season and 13-6-3 against the Devils since the lockout, Brodeur claims it's no big deal.

That's weird
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272008...ird_103687.htm

Broduer has issues.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:02 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Marty
Meet Mr Avery
He is actually a little weird
But you will find his welcome hmmmm discomforting

What a creep he really is though. Weird would be giving him a compliment - so I refrain from this...
An Incredibly ego blasted cockaroach seems more appropriate. Unfortunately a very good keeper though

6-0 Rangers tonite
And if this is not the result - the Devils will still wake up tommorrow finding themselves living in New Jersey
What a weird nightmare of a wakeup call
Kinda like Groundhog Day I suppose

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 06:29 AM
RANGERS2448

in the same article it says if we tie they devils the owen the tie breaker whats the tie breaker we have beeten them more this yr and dont we have the most win against div apoinents just curouse couse we might have to deal with a tie with them

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
in the same article it says if we tie they devils the owen the tie breaker whats the tie breaker we have beeten them more this yr and dont we have the most win against div apoinents just curouse couse we might have to deal with a tie with them
They must mean that since the Rangers are two points behind, if they win tonight then they'll be tied in points with the Devils. However, I think the Devils have more wins overall, and that's the first tiebreaker.

If the Rangers had the same amount of wins, then it'd probably be something like head to head record, and the Rangers would win that.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Reverend_Hellh0und

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Larry Brooks asked Henrik Lundqvist about Martin Brodeur's comments in SI about him being "weird"

Marty is upset Henrik didn't shake his hand at the award ceremony in Toronto last June.As Henrik said why didn't Marty approach him.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03272008...ird_103687.htm

Broduer has issues.

"March 27, 2008 -- Imagine Henrik Lundqvist's surprise upon discovering that Martin Brodeur had been quoted in the Jan. 14, 2008, edition of Sports IllustratedBoxings-Great-Magazine-Hope as saying of the Rangers' goaltender, "The way he plays is not something I like too much.

"Lundqvist is weird."

he is clearly talking about his style.....

carry on....

tonight game i'll be there will be 7-6 lead changes twice.... guess who wins....

carry on.

Reverend_Hellh0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:29 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
They must mean that since the Rangers are two points behind, if they win tonight then they'll be tied in points with the Devils. However, I think the Devils have more wins overall, and that's the first tiebreaker.

If the Rangers had the same amount of wins, then it'd probably be something like head to head record, and the Rangers would win that.
got you i thought it was by record against that team then your record in the div i just hope we tie them worry about the rest to later

lundqvist play as wierd as you want just stop it all

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
More exceptional, unbiased reporting from the New York Post. I understand the SI article was legit, but its just Larry Brooks trying to stir the pot the day before the big game... jumping on the timing of this, trying to get all his minions riled up. I guess it worked.

Not quite sure how this is considered a ***** slap. I mean... maybe i'd call it a womanly back head. But it's no "from sky to ground" style backhand.

As for your jokes about living in Jersey... pretty sure a good portion of your cohorts live in Jersey. Just sayin'

I read the article, he was talkin' about his style. And for him to not shake hands or introduce themselves? I mean, they clearly KNOW each other.
It is odd that they didn't talk at the ceremony. But it strikes me as one of those weird, awkward social situations. Like when you see your ex-girl's boyfriend at the bar. They probably made eye contact and got all uneasy. I imagine it like being alone in the halls of a highschool. Ok, I have this whole image in my head and i'm rambling

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:57 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Marty is a well documented crybaby

Here's to Nigel having some more "missed" shots roll through his 5 hole tonight.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post

he is clearly talking about his style....
Except there's nothing weird about Lundqvist's style, other than he plays a little deep in his net.

It's still a strange comment from Brodeur, who probably plays the "weirdest" style in the NHL at the moment (aside from Hasek, when he's actually healthy enough to play).

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
More exceptional, unbiased reporting from the New York Post. I understand the SI article was legit, but its just Larry Brooks trying to stir the pot the day before the big game... jumping on the timing of this, trying to get all his minions riled up. I guess it worked.
Yeah, pretty much. Brooks is a rabble rouser.

Quote:
As for your jokes about living in Jersey... pretty sure a good portion of your cohorts live in Jersey. Just sayin'
I live in D.C., wooo

Quote:
I read the article, he was talkin' about his style. And for him to not shake hands or introduce themselves? I mean, they clearly KNOW each other.
It is odd that they didn't talk at the ceremony. But it strikes me as one of those weird, awkward social situations. Like when you see your ex-girl's boyfriend at the bar. They probably made eye contact and got all uneasy. I imagine it like being alone in the halls of a highschool. Ok, I have this whole image in my head and i'm rambling
Well it seems kind of weird for Brodeur to make comments about Lundqvist not talking to him, when he never approached Lundqvist either. Like...did he expect Lundqvist to rush over and talk to him because he's an all-time great goalie?

I certainly want to stay far away from the Larry Brooks bandwagon, but Brodeur does make some strange comments whenever it comes to the Rangers.

Old
03-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Except there's nothing weird about Lundqvist's style, other than he plays a little deep in his net.

It's still a strange comment from Brodeur, who probably plays the "weirdest" style in the NHL at the moment (aside from Hasek, when he's actually healthy enough to play).

Yeah, pretty much. Brooks is a rabble rouser.

I live in D.C., wooo

Well it seems kind of weird for Brodeur to make comments about Lundqvist not talking to him, when he never approached Lundqvist either. Like...did he expect Lundqvist to rush over and talk to him because he's an all-time great goalie?

I certainly want to stay far away from the Larry Brooks bandwagon, but Brodeur does make some strange comments whenever it comes to the Rangers.
Agreed. He tends to stir the pot too, and it works well.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Agreed. He tends to stir the pot too, and it works well.
Yeah, like I've said before, I'm not sure if he's just a cocky SOB, he says things to keep his competitive edge up, or he says them just to annoy the Rangers and their fans

But I don't care as long as the Rangers keep beating him

Old
03-27-2008, 08:09 AM
FrolundasFinest

I take everything said by "Uncle Daddy" Brodeur with a grain of salt.

FrolundasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 08:19 AM
IslandersFan

Over the years, many of the greatest goalies appeared to be a little "quirky". I guess one has to be a little "wierd" just to put the pads on - and forget about the knuckle heads who played prior to the modern goalie equipment.

That being said, Brooks is an assclown and half the time I barely make it through any of his articles. Ultimately it always comes down to "put up or shut up".

IslandersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
mstraka82

Marty is a weirdo, he is upset cause Hank gets all the ladies now and he is a fat old man

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Celestial Black

More stirring up the pot for the game. It will be very enjoyable to see. Hope the Ranger's get this 7th game.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 08:49 AM
clmetsfan

Great scoop, Larry!

It takes real talent to take a quote that's over two months old and pretend as if it's news.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:27 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I hope they ****ing destroy Broduer tonight, I love his *****ing and moaning because now the shoe is on the other foot and the Rangers are winning.

I hope to hear even more excuses and whining after tonight when the Rangers get "lucky" again.

Yeah, losing 7 in a row to the Rangers - its not a big deal right Marty?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
We'll always get the last laugh - they still have to live in NJ
oh wow, a joke about NJ being a slum hole.. how original...

as far as the article goes, I think its pretty damn funny that you can dish it out but cant take it.. Marty is a great goalie but his attitude (along with his team) causes me to hate him... even if he played for someone else i would still hate him because of his attitude.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:54 AM
The Thomas J.*

For all the years the Devils were among the NHL best the Rangers still got most of the press & attention, don't think for one second that doesn't burn Broduer up. Now that the Rangers are competive again & the Devils are mediocore at best......out side of Broduer there is even less attention given to The Devils, Everyone, inculding myself thought the Rock was going to really put the Devils on the map, to this point it has not. Broduer & the Devils players & management have to wonder what do they have to do to become relavant in the greater Metro area.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:56 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Great scoop, Larry!

It takes real talent to take a quote that's over two months old and pretend as if it's news.
thought that myself, I thought i was rereading an old sundat "slap shots"
Brooks is the worst, I love sending him insult ridden emails. to which he always respones, "I know you are, but what am I"? Classic

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
For all the years the Devils were among the NHL best the Rangers still got most of the press & attention, don't think for one second that doesn't burn Broduer up. Now that the Rangers are competive again & the Devils are mediocore at best......out side of Broduer there is even less attention given to The Devils, Everyone, inculding myself thought the Rock was going to really put the Devils on the map, to this point it has not. Broduer & the Devils players & management have to wonder what do they have to do to become relavant in the greater Metro area.
I think Brodeur has been rather clear that he (as well as Lou) hates the Rangers more than any other team. I donít think itís really an issue of how much press attention the Rangers get Ė doesnít matter what the two teams do, the Rangers will always get more attention. Just like the Nets vs. Knicks or Rangers vs. Islanders. The NHL in general doesnít really seem to be relevant in the Metro area, itís not just the Devils.

As far as the Rangers being competitive & the Devils being mediocre at best, how do you explain the Rangers trailing the Devils in the standings almost the entire year? Unless you're saying the two teams have different standards, they're about as even as you can get.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:02 AM
ThisYearsModel

Maybe Henrik will get a date with Marty's ex. Or her sister. Marty always bristles when the Ranger fans mention Matteau. He also does not like it that his home building ends up half-filled with Ranger fans. No denying his accomplishments, but deep inside I think he wishes he would have been wearing the Blueshirt.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
Marty is a great goalie but his attitude (along with his team) causes me to hate him... even if he played for someone else i would still hate him because of his attitude.
His attitude would be quoted and worshipped here if he was a Ranger. The proof is that people love Avery's attitude here.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
His attitude would be quoted and worshipped here if he was a Ranger. The proof is that people love Avery's attitude here.
yeah but he's a Devil so ******* him.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

I wouldn't call that lil' jab a ***** slap, now when Tortorella pwned Brooks during last years playoffs...THAT was a ***** slap.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote