HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Larry Brooks ***** slaps Marty

Old
03-27-2008, 10:19 AM
SML

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Maybe Henrik will get a date with Marty's ex. Or her sister. Marty always bristles when the Ranger fans mention Matteau. He also does not like it that his home building ends up half-filled with Ranger fans. No denying his accomplishments, but deep inside I think he wishes he would have been wearing the Blueshirt.
Marty Brodeur is that guy everybody knows who hates that "rap ****" but secretly rocks out in his bathroom mirror to the Wu-tang clan. His ego is so big it kills him that 3rd liners like Avery are more celebrated than his Hall of fame career.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:44 AM
bumrusherer

I'm quite glad he thinks Henrik is wierd. Maybe if he thought he was normal, Hank wouldnt be so good against the Devils.

Its wierd for him because he gets outplayed.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Marty Brodeur is that guy everybody knows who hates that "rap ****" but secretly rocks out in his bathroom mirror to the Wu-tang clan. His ego is so big it kills him that 3rd liners like Avery are more celebrated than his Hall of fame career.
Now lets not get carried away here

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Why do Rangers fans think that everyone wants to play for their team? If Marty wanted to play for the Rangers, he would have, but he chose not to test the free agent market and took a pay cut to stay with the Devils long term. His salary is $5.2 mill right now, Sather would have offered him the league max if he ever went unrestricted, you know it, I know it, and Marty knows it. But he stayed anyways, I guess that just goes to show how much he wants to be a Ranger.

Also, I don't know why people keep bringing up his ego. He is the greatest goaltender to play the game. He can act like a hot shot, because he is a hot shot. Avery on the other hand...not so much.

Das Uber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:49 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeonta View Post
Why do Rangers fans think that everyone wants to play for their team? If Marty wanted to play for the Rangers, he would have, but he chose not to test the free agent market and took a pay cut to stay with the Devils long term. His salary is $5.2 mill right now, Sather would have offered him the league max if he ever went unrestricted, you know it, I know it, and Marty knows it. But he stayed anyways, I guess that just goes to show how much he wants to be a Ranger.

Also, I don't know why people keep bringing up his ego. He is the greatest goaltender to play the game. He can act like a hot shot, because he is a hot shot. Avery on the other hand...not so much.
Avery might be the greatest trash talker of all time.... so he can talk all the trash he wants.

Marty is the greatest whiner of all time.... bu that's just because he is a little beotch.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Avery might be the greatest trash talker of all time.... so he can talk all the trash he wants.

Marty is the greatest whiner of all time.... bu that's just because he is a little beotch.

In 15 years, who will people remember? Regardless, I thought this was more about Brodeur and Lundqvist... or rather larry brooks' owning Broduer by recirculating a quote from months ago, the day of a game

Old
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
In 15 years, who will people remember? Regardless, I thought this was more about Brodeur and Lundqvist... or rather larry brooks' owning Broduer by recirculating a quote from months ago, the day of a game
in 15 years I will remember Brodeur not as a great goalie but as a huge whiner. he is both. Brodeur just has no class to him whatsoever and that original SI article just shows it.

But it was a pretty retarded article and it should have never been written now... maybe 2 months ago when the original came out but there is no point to it now.

And i will never say that Brodeur is the greatest goalie to ever play the game. I still think Roy is and they both don't have any class. It's not that I hate Broduer (b/c I don't love Roy either) its that Roy did that w/o playing on extremely defensive minded teams, and facing a more shots on avg than Brodeur.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:02 AM
pscoln1

in 10, 15, 20 years from now no one will know who avery is or was! everyone in ny, nj and the entire NHL world will know MARTY BRODEUR

pscoln1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
in 15 years I will remember Brodeur not as a great goalie but as a huge whiner. he is both. Brodeur just has no class to him whatsoever and that original SI article just shows it.

But it was a pretty retarded article and it should have never been written now... maybe 2 months ago when the original came out but there is no point to it now.
All you (ranger fans as a whole) ever talk about is "class" Its so cliche, and i'm sick of hearing it. To say Brodeur has less class than Avery is... well, a dumb statement.

I can think of plenty of other classless things in sports, but saying you could have "had" a goal scored on you (regardless if he "messed up" or legitametly got scored on) is not one of them.

When I think of a lack of class in sports, I think of Bonds (not only cause of steroids, but because he has his own locker room). I think of the basketball players that would be in the slums if they didn't have skills. I think of the football players and they're stupid endzone dances, or throwing a football against a game clock. I think of stepping on a player with your skate, high-sticking a player after a goal is scored.

But the stuff Marty says about the Rangers? The competitive banter? If that really bothers you... enough to say he has no class... then some fans need to grow a pair.

I think you're just looking for something to hate on him.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This is not going to turn into a pissing match like it always seems to. It will not become an Avery vs. Marty argument.

DEVIL FANS, this is the Ranger board as such a pro-Ranger bias is to be expected and respected.

03-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
oh wow, a joke about NJ being a slum hole.. how original...

as far as the article goes, I think its pretty damn funny that you can dish it out but cant take it.. Marty is a great goalie but his attitude (along with his team) causes me to hate him... even if he played for someone else i would still hate him because of his attitude.
Pretty sure he'd rag on someone else and not the Rangers. He does it because he hates the Rangers.

"I hate the Rangers, Lou LOATHES them"

Quote straight from his book.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
All you (ranger fans as a whole) ever talk about is "class" Its so cliche, and i'm sick of hearing it. To say Brodeur has less class than Avery is... well, a dumb statement.

I can think of plenty of other classless things in sports, but saying you could have "had" a goal scored on you (regardless if he "messed up" or legitametly got scored on) is not one of them.
First off I never said Brodeur has less class than Avery. Stop assuming. But Avery is a bigger person as he can admit when he makes a mistake. Brodeur cannot. he just says others get lucky. That is classless. Not shaking hands at an award ceremony. Classless. Excuses, and whining about anything that doesn't go his way. Classless. Constant complaining about goaltender equipment changes (others don't complain). Classless. Never taking any responsibility, except when things go right. Classless. Cheating on your wife w/ a relative. Classless, shameless and pathetic. Do I need to continue.

Actually thinking about the whole cheating thing. Maybe Avery does have a little more class and respect. Not much but a little.

Old
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Man Marty is by no means humble...

Midnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
This is not going to turn into a pissing match like it always seems to. It will not become an Avery vs. Marty argument.

DEVIL FANS, this is the Ranger board as such a pro-Ranger bias is to be expected and respected.
Listen, I understand what you mean. And I routinely try to keep to the argument at hand. But a thread labeled "Larry Brooks ***** Slaps Marty" - What do you expect?

And ranger bias aside, am I now allowed to argue points? If I'm doing something incorrectly, please enlighten me.

This thread was doomed from the get go, I tried to talk about Brooks... then rangers fan with their "bias" come in here and turn into something about Avery. It not a matter of bias, its a matter of keeping the topic at hand. If this board's own fans can't do that, then maybe the thread should be closed.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:22 AM
HBK27

Quote:
First off I never said Brodeur has less class than Avery. Stop assuming. But Avery is a bigger person as he can admit when he makes a mistake. Brodeur cannot. he just says others get lucky. That is classless. Not shaking hands at an award ceremony. Classless. Excuses, and whining about anything that doesn't go his way. Classless. Constant complaining about goaltender equipment changes (others don't complain). Classless. Never taking any responsibility, except when things go right. Classless. Cheating on your wife w/ a relative. Classless, shameless and pathetic. Do I need to continue.

Actually thinking about the whole cheating thing. Maybe Avery does have a little more class and respect. Not much but a little.
So, you're just basically making a bunch of generalizations & calling it classless. Well you've convinced me!

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Midnight85

Quote:
Listen, I understand what you mean. And I routinely try to keep to the argument at hand. But a thread labeled "Larry Brooks ***** Slaps Marty" - What do you expect?

And ranger bias aside, am I now allowed to argue points? If I'm doing something incorrectly, please enlighten me.

This thread was doomed from the get go, I tried to talk about Brooks... then rangers fan with their "bias" come in here and turn into something about Avery. It not a matter of bias, its a matter of keeping the topic at hand. If this board's own fans can't do that, then maybe the thread should be closed.
You did say all Ranger fans should grow a pair...

But anyway Marty's always been a talker, and a bit of a whiner, its not going to change now, and you know what with a HOF career he can do what he wants.

The Rangers can try and beat him on the scoreboard like they've done a few other times this year.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Agreed, i didn't assume. But thats the general vibe of this thread. I've been getting into the habit of quoting someone for a certain reason, then going off on a tangent for another.

Regardless, I still stand by my arguement. He's competitve, and I appreciate a little honesty. If he feels a certain way, then he'll admit it to the media. As an all-star goalie, maybe he really felt he could have had Dawes' shootout goal.

I'm really good at video games, and there are times when I'm playing... i get killed or something, and i just KNOW i could have done better. Came into a situation differently. Or at least thats the way I feel, its an honest feeling

Old
03-27-2008, 11:25 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

If Devil fans want to defend their guy, fine. When that defense becomes, "We've won more Cups" is crosses the line into trolling.

And I fail to see what Avery has to with this.

I am not going to close a thread because Devil fans come to the Ranger board.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
pscoln1

i have no ill will towards rangers or their fans! i enjoy the competition but marty is NOT CLASSLESS! that is just ridiculous. he never fights anyone, he never punched anyone and threw them face first into the ice (bertuzzi), he never took a stick and whacked someone in the head (some ranger player), its hard for me to categorize him as classless! Him cheating on his wife is classless but that is his personal life NOT HOCKEY related!

pscoln1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Midnight85

Quote:
Agreed, i didn't assume. But thats the general vibe of this thread. I've been getting into the habit of quoting someone for a certain reason, then going off on a tangent for another.

Regardless, I still stand by my arguement. He's competitve, and I appreciate a little honesty. If he feels a certain way, then he'll admit it to the media. As an all-star goalie, maybe he really felt he could have had Dawes' shootout goal.

I'm really good at video games, and there are times when I'm playing... i get killed or something, and i just KNOW i could have done better. Came into a situation differently. Or at least thats the way I feel, its an honest feeling
But Marty didn't say he could have saved Dawes' shot he said Dawes' shanked it an it was the only reason he scored.

Old
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscoln1 View Post
i have no ill will towards rangers or their fans! i enjoy the competition but marty is NOT CLASSLESS! that is just ridiculous. he never fights anyone, he never punched anyone and threw them face first into the ice (bertuzzi), he never took a stick and whacked someone in the head (some ranger player), its hard for me to categorize him as classless! Him cheating on his wife is classless but that is his personal life NOT HOCKEY related!
Diving every game?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
You did say all Ranger fans should grow a pair...

But anyway Marty's always been a talker, and a bit of a whiner, its not going to change now, and you know what with a HOF career he can do what he wants.

The Rangers can try and beat him on the scoreboard like they've done a few other times this year.
Not all, but those who feel that marty is so classless, in the context of my referencing other sports/players... then yes, I feel you are getting worked up when there is much worse going on in hockey, let alone spots as awhole. It's competitive banter for the media, and I think some people take it way too seriously... and get seriously upset by it

Old
03-27-2008, 11:32 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

I understand competitiveness but sometimes he's just ridiculous. If he felt that he should have had Dawes' shootout goal he should have said it. Not say that that goal was luck. Which by the way if you see the replay Brodeur was frozen like a Mammoth in the Ice Age.

On the other hand I have never heard him say he was lucky on an incredible save. Not that it surprises me, or bothers me. But to say that a player was lucky to score a goal in which he was completely fooled is just being a baby and a sore loser. Give credit where credit is due. He just reeks of hubris.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscoln1 View Post
I believe that would some islander player, Chris Simon if I'm not mistaken.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:34 AM
ruckus*

I'll just never understand why people just can't have their opinions without expecting others to always agree with them.

Marty is obnoxious (to me!) and one of the greatest goaltenders of all time.

It would make sense that Devils fans have different opinions.

The one thing that does irk me about Marty are his slights against others but it obviously bothers me because it's usually towards the Rangers.

Brooks' comment at the end of the article is entirely true.

For 7 years when we couldn't win a freaking game Brodeur absolutely ATE IT UP.

And now this season it's "oh well last I checked they're not the only team in the conference."

But we were obviously those 7 years we couldn't buy a W.

Some people hate him, some people don't. Some people respect him, some people don't.

It is what it is, root for your team, have fun, and don't expect anyone's opinion to change merely because yours is different

Let's go blueshirts!

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote