HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Best Revenge Against Nashville...

Old
03-27-2008, 09:22 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
The Best Revenge Against Nashville...

....Would be to BEAT them on Friday and completely ignore "Toots."

Spoiling their playoff hopes would make up for our miserable record and showing against them.

To me...it's one of those games which will reveal the true character of our players. Bouncing back after a loss is one thing. Driving a stake into the heart of your arch enemy is another And revenge is a dish best served cold.

I propose a Star Wars - "Blow the Death Star with Laser Beams" GDT.

Last edited by JACKETfan: 03-27-2008 at 09:48 AM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:38 AM
orangebarrelman

Playing spoiler and finally clocking these clowns in the last meeting....that would be a nice way to end the season with them.

M

orangebarrelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:40 AM
puckgoalnet

I was thinking about this this morning, here's what I'd do:

1. Ignore Tootoo. If Hitch says he's irrelevant, prove it.

2. Tell the players "Do not fight, for this one game, turtle if you have to". I'm doing this to frustrate Nashville.

3. Inform the refs (and Bettman) that we told our team #2. Two reasons for this: (1) telling Bettman we aren't retaliating; (2) trying to draw a roughing here by planting the seeds in the refs minds

4. Play a "heavy" game, including very heavy on the two players who kill us (Dumont & Arnott). Tell the team to make them pay the price every time they carry the puck.

(edit: added explanation for #2)

puckgoalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Skraut

Sign Bob Probert to a one game PTO

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:10 AM
darrmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

Spoiling their playoff hopes would make up for our miserable record and showing against them.

To me...it's one of those games which will reveal the true character of our players. Bouncing back after a loss is one thing. Driving a stake into the heart of your arch enemy is another And revenge is a dish best served cold.

For once JF I completely agree with you. To prove our game, to prove our composure, to prove to the fan base and everyone else is to walk into our home arena on Friday and show them that it is a new day and that we will ruin there hopes for the playoffs from here on out. The playoffs are a dream (and yes I am still believing until the math says I am wrong) ending up second in the division is a reality. Now that would be a nice way to end the season.

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmd View Post
For once JF I completely agree with you. To prove our game, to prove our composure, to prove to the fan base and everyone else is to walk into our home arena on Friday and show them that it is a new day and that we will ruin there hopes for the playoffs from here on out. The playoffs are a dream (and yes I am still believing until the math says I am wrong) ending up second in the division is a reality. Now that would be a nice way to end the season.
Hell yeah.

2nd in the division would be nice, regardless of the playoffs.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
It's hard to ignore Tootoo, if he's throwing cheap shots, then we don't do anything, the team looks like pansies.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Casework

I'll refrain from posting what I want to post. But JF, you are right. Nothing would piss Tootoo off more than to have every single Jacket ignore him the entire game.

That said, if he runs one of our players again or goes after a non-fighter, I want him eating soft foods for a month.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 12:00 PM
braindead

As a Preds fan, I'd like to suggest that the best revenge would be to watch us get humiliated in the 1st round by the Wings. Thus, I submit that intentionally letting the Preds win on Friday is the first step to serving true revenge cold.

Ok, sorry. I tried. Good luck on Friday.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrmd View Post
"For once" ??

So I guess this means no Rbar hotdog rollie machine, huh?

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
fogducker

please please beat nashville!!

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
CBJwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
As a Preds fan, I'd like to suggest that the best revenge would be to watch us get humiliated in the 1st round by the Wings. Thus, I submit that intentionally letting the Preds win on Friday is the first step to serving true revenge cold.
Nah, I'd rather your team get humiliated by losing to us and missing the playoffs.

I'm all for missing the playoffs if we continue to humiliate teams like we did to Chicago last night.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 01:51 PM
BluejacketNut

The best revenge IS to avoid Tootoo, we dont have anyone on our team that can take him. Like him or not, he can fight, and with Bolls wild punches, tootoo would have 5 punches in already by the time Boll cocked back and unloaded

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:34 PM
sinbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
The best revenge IS to avoid Tootoo, we dont have anyone on our team that can take him. Like him or not, he can fight, and with Bolls wild punches, tootoo would have 5 punches in already by the time Boll cocked back and unloaded
How about you guys call up the rest of the Syracuse team and they show the guys in Columbus how to play with leadership and heart. Tootoo will be silenced by Mirasty, Dorsett, Sestito and Konopka. Of course they will use Nash and Z, the rest of the guys can sit and takes notes !

sinbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin View Post
How about you guys call up the rest of the Syracuse team and they show the guys in Columbus how to play with leadership and heart. Tootoo will be silenced by Mirasty, Dorsett, Sestito and Konopka. Of course they will use Nash and Z, the rest of the guys can sit and takes notes !
No thanks I like the Crunch guys and the energy they bring, but no.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
sinbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
No thanks I like the Crunch guys and the energy they bring, but no.
Sorry done deal via the ahl.com

03/27/2008 Syracuse Crunch team, DEL Recalled from loan by Columbus (NHL)

sinbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

I disagree with part of your post, I don't think we ignore him at all, he has been a thorn in our side for years and it's time to stand up to these guys and send them home with some bruises and black eyes. Of course winning in the process would be the best scenario. You don't build anything off just winning, but a good old Wings v. Avs kind of brawl would go so far in bringing back the rivalry and sending us into the off season with momentum, confidence and a bigger sense of team. Nothing brings a team together like brawls and that's just what we need to finish up the season with. The Red Wings would probably not be the team they are today if not for that one night in March 1997 when they finally got revenge on the rival bully.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckgoalnet View Post
I was thinking about this this morning, here's what I'd do:

1. Ignore Tootoo. If Hitch says he's irrelevant, prove it.

2. Tell the players "Do not fight, for this one game, turtle if you have to". I'm doing this to frustrate Nashville.

3. Inform the refs (and Bettman) that we told our team #2. Two reasons for this: (1) telling Bettman we aren't retaliating; (2) trying to draw a roughing here by planting the seeds in the refs minds

4. Play a "heavy" game, including very heavy on the two players who kill us (Dumont & Arnott). Tell the team to make them pay the price every time they carry the puck.

(edit: added explanation for #2)
YUCK! Hitch would never tell his players to "turtle", that would demoralize the team and the fan base to not fight back. That wouldn't frustrate anyone except the people in the seats and the fans. Didn't you see what happened in Slap Shot when they tried this method? Let me guess, you were the tattletale in school. This is one of the most offensive posts I have ever read.

Old
03-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Imjustabill

The best revenge would be to see Tootoo skate off the ice with a broken nose after a 4-0 Blue Jacket win.

Errrr, make that 8-0; the Jackets owe the Preds a hell of a lot more than a 4-0 beating.

Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Turtling is no good at all, you lose any respect you may have and you look like a puss.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:18 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Wow, it seems the Jackets pillowy-softness has rubbed off here too.

I say **** that. This team needs to deal with ******** like Tootoo. This guy is a piece of **** and has it coming. He's been getting away with the same stuff game after game and he's not going away and he's not going to change up his game. He needs to be taught a lesson before he seriously injures someone.

With the amount of Crunch players we have in the lineup someone needs to up their value by pestering 22 as much as humanly possible. Keep him occupied and if the time comes fight him and knock his block off.

This team has no room for any new pansies.

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 04:00 PM
darrmd

One well informed member of the Jacket staff said last night that we should have two different fighters fight him in the first and then drop the gloves with him in the beginning of the second so he is kicked out.

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
jktsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Wow, it seems the Jackets pillowy-softness has rubbed off here too.

I say **** that. This team needs to deal with ******** like Tootoo. This guy is a piece of **** and has it coming. He's been getting away with the same stuff game after game and he's not going away and he's not going to change up his game. He needs to be taught a lesson before he seriously injures someone.

With the amount of Crunch players we have in the lineup someone needs to up their value by pestering 22 as much as humanly possible. Keep him occupied and if the time comes fight him and knock his block off.

This team has no room for any new pansies.

I like the way you think. I'm all for it.

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 04:05 PM
ca5150

"Run the siren. Run the damn siren. I'm payin' for it. Let 'em know there's gonna be blood in there."

-----Player-coach Reg Dunlop

Last edited by ca5150: 03-27-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old
03-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
I disagree with part of your post, I don't think we ignore him at all, he has been a thorn in our side for years and it's time to stand up to these guys and send them home with some bruises and black eyes. Of course winning in the process would be the best scenario. You don't build anything off just winning, but a good old Wings v. Avs kind of brawl would go so far in bringing back the rivalry and sending us into the off season with momentum, confidence and a bigger sense of team. Nothing brings a team together like brawls and that's just what we need to finish up the season with. The Red Wings would probably not be the team they are today if not for that one night in March 1997 when they finally got revenge on the rival bully.
Agreed. Of course I would like to see them win this one but really, I wouldn't care if we lost as long as we flat out punished them. I would like to see Hitch call up this Mirasty dude and let him have a go at Totoo. I sat and watched this guy's clips on youtube one night and this man CAN fight. He's fought bigger and badder guys than Toot's in the minors.

Second, I would like to see Hitch give more ice time to the guys on this team like Picard who like to play the body.

After reading Hitchcock's comments after the game in Nashville I can see this happening too. He was p-oed big time. It just makes perfect since to me that Hitch pulls up the sleeves, makes a call up or two and makes this team stand their ground with them here Friday night. It could get ugly, we might still loose but it would be a team builder going into next season.

Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote