HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Best Revenge Against Nashville...

Old
03-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Mirasty is Crunch property. He cannot be called up to the CBJ.

JF needs to get mad. I don't want the Jackets to play Ghandi hockey. LETS GET 'EM.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

JF needs to get mad. I don't want the Jackets to play Ghandi hockey. LETS GET 'EM.
There goes that idea. Thanks for smashing my dreams Matt!

Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Imjustabill

When an opponent takes liberties with your teammates and you don't respond, it only encourages more of the same. I'm not a Detroit fan by any stretch of the imagination, but what they did in response to Claude Lemieux's antics was entirely appropriate, albeit a year late.

No different with Tootoo; if you let him get away with what he does, you're just asking for more.

To illustrate:

A pest crossing the line....

requires an appropriate response:

Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:37 PM
BluejacketNut

Well, since you mentioned it, I went and checked it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4g7IrF038

Hysterical......a nice before the game starts fight...but classy. They have a nice conversation while stretching and show respect to the anthem, and then have a good ol fashion jackhammer fight. lol. The dude he fights reminded me of Kurgan from the first Highlander!

BluejacketNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Well, since you mentioned it, I went and checked it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC4g7IrF038

Hysterical......a nice before the game starts fight...but classy. They have a nice conversation while stretching and show respect to the anthem, and then have a good ol fashion jackhammer fight. lol. The dude he fights reminded me of Kurgan from the first Highlander!
Yeh!! That was awesome. If you keep clicking, Kurgan kicks his butt a few times more but great stuff! They must be great friends.....

Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Prophecy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Agreed. Of course I would like to see them win this one but really, I wouldn't care if we lost as long as we flat out punished them. I would like to see Hitch call up this Mirasty dude and let him have a go at Totoo. I sat and watched this guy's clips on youtube one night and this man CAN fight. He's fought bigger and badder guys than Toot's in the minors.

Second, I would like to see Hitch give more ice time to the guys on this team like Picard who like to play the body.

After reading Hitchcock's comments after the game in Nashville I can see this happening too. He was p-oed big time. It just makes perfect since to me that Hitch pulls up the sleeves, makes a call up or two and makes this team stand their ground with them here Friday night. It could get ugly, we might still loose but it would be a team builder going into next season.
I hate to say this but I'm not sure we have anyone on this team right now who can take him. A healthy Boll should be able to match him evenly....and maybe OKT but it's clearly a "weakness" this team has that isn't going to be resolved by Friday (save Boll coming back early).

We had three guys line up on Sunday and he beat the tar out of all three of them....I question whether any healthy member of our current team can do anything about him.

Prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Monk

Rome might be able to. I bet Nash could too, but I wouldn't want him to.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:59 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Oh, I'd like to see Tootoo get his. But I'd rather see their WHOLE TEAM walk out of here hangin their heads.

If Shelley were on our roster, I'd feel differently. All you bumbleheads who wanted him gone SEE WHAT YOU DID!

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:33 PM
jetbluejackets

if someone does not have the balls to challenge Tootoo, this whole team should be publically make examples of due to their lack of emotion and heart........

But seriously, el Cap-e-tan needs to go after Toots

jetbluejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
The best revenge is to simply win the game, that would hurt them more than beating up Too-too.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:42 PM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The best revenge is to simply win the game, that would hurt them more than beating up Too-too.
I'm with you. Forget tootoo. He's not worth the time or effort. I want to see the Peca line, and everybody else for that matter, punishing Arnott, Durmont, Rauluv and Erat like they were the 'hawks last night. I do not want to see Nash sit in the box for five minutes over tootoo unless we have like a five goal lead over them. Otherwise i want to see Nash punishing them on the scoreboard. I would love see somebody take a Scott Stevens open ice hit on both Arnott and Durmont, preferably somebody big enough that tootoo wouldn't want to mess with. Just make sure it's clean so we don't wind up in the box.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
CBJwheel

Quote:
And then continue with another eleven straight.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I was going to say "someone should send Tootoo away on a stretcher" but thinking more about it, I'd rather him trip over the boards in the first five mins and break both arms all by himself

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:14 PM
CBJwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I was going to say "someone should send Tootoo away on a stretcher" but thinking more about it, I'd rather him trip over the boards in the first five mins and break both arms all by himself
I pictured this in my head and began to laugh at that. Seeing him going over the bench in slo-mo, trying to catch himself. "NOOO!" *crack crack*

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 10:58 PM
fogducker

do us all canucks fans a favour and beat the preds tommorow for us!!

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Casework

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
When an opponent takes liberties with your teammates and you don't respond, it only encourages more of the same. I'm not a Detroit fan by any stretch of the imagination, but what they did in response to Claude Lemieux's antics was entirely appropriate, albeit a year late.

No different with Tootoo; if you let him get away with what he does, you're just asking for more.

To illustrate:

A pest crossing the line....

requires an appropriate response:

Thank you. This post makes me realize why I originally felt the way I did when I opened up this thread. I hope the Jackets hit anything with stupid shiny silver sleeves tomorrow night.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
ca5150

Quote:
It's not all about hurting them, it's about the boost of confidence going into the offseason that it would give our team if we stand up to them physically and send them the message that we won't back down. If they run one of ours then we run 5 of theirs. We need to do something different against them because trying to outplay them skillfully has not worked. We need to swing momentum back our way.

Anyone that thinks that only winning on the scoreboard is revenge enough, has never played the game before. They need to be punished physically, with fists and crushing body checks and the game will take care of itself, much like the Calgary game last week.

Last edited by ca5150: 03-27-2008 at 11:41 PM.
ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:39 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
It's not all about hurting them, it's about the boost of confidence going into the offseason that it would give our team. We need to do something different against them because trying to outplay them skillfully has not worked. We need to swing momentum back our way.
... by hurting them.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:48 PM
ca5150

I admit that I have been a Wings fan my whole life, growing up in Toledo, and there isn't a single game that I remember more or gets me more pumped up than the game where McCarty got revenge on Lemiuex. I have watched that game and that clip a hundred times and it's just as great everytime I watch it. I have been a die hard Jackets fan since day 1 and I hope for the same kind of game tomorrow. It would be the talk of the off season, it would give us national respect and it would rekindle a dead rivalry. It would get us some national games on VS and NBC next year possibly.

Boll stated today that he wants to go and I am hoping with everything I have that he plays and beats Tootoo's head til it bleeds! I want Norrena vs. Mason at center ice right in front of stupid Gary Bettman! All you sweethearts that want a good clean game with no fighting, GO WATCH THE COOKING CHANNEL!

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
I admit that I have been a Wings fan my whole life, growing up in Toledo, and there isn't a single game that I remember more or gets me more pumped up than the game where McCarty got revenge on Lemiuex. I have watched that game and that clip a hundred times and it's just as great everytime I watch it. I have been a die hard Jackets fan since day 1 and I hope for the same kind of game tomorrow. It would be the talk of the off season, it would give us national respect and it would rekindle a dead rivalry. It would get us some national games on VS and NBC next year possibly.

Boll stated today that he wants to go and I am hoping with everything I have that he plays and beats Tootoo's head til it bleeds! I want Norrena vs. Mason at center ice right in front of stupid Gary Bettman! All you sweethearts that want a good clean game with no fighting, GO WATCH THE COOKING CHANNEL!
PREACH IT, BROTHA!

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjwheel View Post
I pictured this in my head and began to laugh at that. Seeing him going over the bench in slo-mo, trying to catch himself. "NOOO!" *crack crack*

Yeah I know With like, Bruce Lee "celery breaking" sound effects

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
KILL HIM!!!! WOOOO!!!

I don't know what I'm more excited about, killing Tootoo, or the monster truck rally at the Schott on Saturday.

GIT R DONE!

03-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
It's not all about hurting them, it's about the boost of confidence going into the offseason that it would give our team if we stand up to them physically and send them the message that we won't back down. If they run one of ours then we run 5 of theirs. We need to do something different against them because trying to outplay them skillfully has not worked. We need to swing momentum back our way.

Anyone that thinks that only winning on the scoreboard is revenge enough, has never played the game before. They need to be punished physically, with fists and crushing body checks and the game will take care of itself, much like the Calgary game last week.
I've played inline, does that count? I get your point but the Jackets simply are not a bone crushing group of guys, they never have been. The Boll and Fritsche types is what we need more of but on a first and second line talent level. Not easy to find though.

The Tootoo game is to make teams lose their focus, we should always play hard nosed hockey but in the end winning the game is the most important outcome.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I'm down with the rest of you.

JUST WIN, BABY!!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote