HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need a new blade

Old
03-30-2008, 02:00 PM
slightlystoopid

vCash: 500
Need a new blade

I'm currently using a Warrior AK27 Shaft + Blade combo, but my blade is a Federov curve and I hate it. Before my AK, I was using Jokinen/St. Louis curves and I guess I got used to them, but the Federov curve isn't working too well for me.
I was thinking about buying a One90 blade for it, since it comes in the PM9 curve which I always used before. Would this work well with the AK27 shaft? What blade do you recommend for an AK? Thanks.
I was also thinking about just buying a new stick altogether. I can pretty much buy whatever stick I want (birthday money), but I've had my eye on the Bauer One90 for a while now. I like the XXXX too, but I'm afraid of the durability problems I had before when I had the XXX. I want to try something new, and the One90 seems pretty sweet.
At the same time, the Synergy SL is pretty cheap now but it's still a great, light stick. I could get this as well.

Last edited by slightlystoopid: 03-30-2008 at 02:15 PM.
slightlystoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:19 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

It should work just fine. They're both standard size.

Would you sell your Fedorov curve?

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:22 PM
slackerracker

If you want get the One70 it's the mid model but i've heard good things about it and just picked 2 up at $90 a piece, both with the pm9 curve, i was using pm106 but the 9 is essentially the same with one difference. But i dont' remember what that difference is.

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I use the Kovalev curve, love it.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

two piece sticks suck. Forsberg/Lindros

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:38 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
two piece sticks suck. Forsberg/Lindros
You do know that practically every "one-piece" out there right now are actually two-piece sticks, right?

Old
03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
XweekendwarriorX

I jsut got the AK clear shaft and put a new Stealth15 blad in lidstrom and its without a doubt the best blade i have ever used. IDK if the Lidstrom curve is your type but i highly reccomend getting that blade.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
slightlystoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XweekendwarriorX View Post
I jsut got the AK clear shaft and put a new Stealth15 blad in lidstrom and its without a doubt the best blade i have ever used. IDK if the Lidstrom curve is your type but i highly reccomend getting that blade.
nice dude, ill definitely consider this, and for the person who asked if i'd sell the forsberg, it's been pretty heavily used and i think the shipping would cost more than the blade is worth .

slightlystoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 10:25 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorme View Post
You do know that practically every "one-piece" out there right now are actually two-piece sticks, right?
He's a Pen's fan. Wonder if he knows that Crosby uses a two piece shaft/blade set up.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 11:41 AM
sc37

vCash: 700
CNT Z-Carbon blade is the one I use in my Ultra Lite. Probably one of the better shooting blades I've used.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
sort of. You don't have a piece of it sticking up through the middle of your shaft. I can feel it when i take s shot with a two piece. I personally just don't like them. And explain to me how one pieces are two pieces.

Old
03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
He's a Pen's fan. Wonder if he knows that Crosby uses a two piece shaft/blade set up.
I don't know if your being sarcastic but i don't base everything i like off of crosby.

Old
03-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Need a Neely

Quote:
sort of. You don't have a piece of it sticking up through the middle of your shaft. I can feel it when i take s shot with a two piece. I personally just don't like them. And explain to me how one pieces are two pieces.
Most two pieces are a tapered shaft/blade combo and the blade is inserted and then they fiberglass over it and sand ita nd paint it. The only true one piece stick out there that is molded as one piece is the Inno True 1 / Warrior Mac Daddy, and perhaps their new Kronik is as well, despite what other companies claim with their phrases such as "mono comp technology".

Need a Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:07 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need a Neely View Post
Most two pieces are a tapered shaft/blade combo and the blade is inserted and then they fiberglass over it and sand ita nd paint it. The only true one piece stick out there that is molded as one piece is the Inno True 1 / Warrior Mac Daddy, and perhaps their new Kronik is as well, despite what other companies claim with their phrases such as "mono comp technology".
The Vapor xxx-lites are true one piece sticks as well.

Old
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Need a Neely

Quote:
No they are not, I own 2 now and have owned more in the past, as they are my favorite stick. You can see the fuse point line after you start to use them. They are not molded as a true one piece, rather in separate stages...seeing as how you are a member on MSH, you should know this as it is discussed quite frequently over there.

Old
04-01-2008, 02:47 PM
K-PAX*

well the macdaddy absolutely blows so i guess true one piece sticks arent that good

K-PAX* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
stick9

Quote:
No they are not, I own 2 now and have owned more in the past, as they are my favorite stick. You can see the fuse point line after you start to use them. They are not molded as a true one piece, rather in separate stages...seeing as how you are a member on MSH, you should know this as it is discussed quite frequently over there.
You should check your facts. Start with the Bauer website.

http://www.nikebauer.com/

Old
04-01-2008, 07:50 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
If you go by 'monocomp' then you'd think it was a true one piece...but then again those are just words.....I mean most know a one piece isn't really a one piece. That said, the XXX-lite is kinda odd. I've seen people that had to chip crap out of it to get something to fit, and some have cut it in the right spot so I think the blade is attached differently rather than being a plain ol' fuse, so it is semi-one piece. Idk, just my guess

I do know the Montreal is a true one piece, I broke mine and cut it just to check it out.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Need a Neely

Quote:
You should check your facts. Start with the Bauer website.

http://www.nikebauer.com/
If you believe that it's really a one piece, then you are really buying into the hype which is what they want you to do. Go ask the pro shop owners that are long time MSH members they will tell you how it really is seeing as how you won't believe a word I say.

Old
04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
I have a XXX "one-piece" that I turned into a shaft after the blade shattered. With a little heat and physical force, I pulled the blade out and turned it into a tapered shaft.

It's not a true one-piece.

Old
04-02-2008, 08:04 AM
stick9

Quote:
If you believe that it's really a one piece, then you are really buying into the hype which is what they want you to do. Go ask the pro shop owners that are long time MSH members they will tell you how it really is seeing as how you won't believe a word I say.
I directed you to the NBH website which shows a cut view of the bottom of the stick. How about you give more then just "cuz I said so" and prove me wrong. Least I am researching stuff...

Doesn't it seem a little odd that the xxx-lite OPS and xxx-lite tapered shaft have different tapers.... .470 to .520. If the xxx-lite was a fused OPS why would shaft version be different from the OPS. I've held the two side by side and there is a noticeable difference between the two at what would be the fuse point on the OPS.

Reason being, the taper on the OPS is so thin a tapered blade won't fit without cutting a good deal off the shaft. Which is not simply pulling out the blade and replacing it like you do with a fused OPS. As discussed here.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums...opic=37026&hl=

Last edited by stick9: 04-02-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added link
Old
04-02-2008, 08:05 AM
stick9

Quote:
I have a XXX "one-piece" that I turned into a shaft after the blade shattered. With a little heat and physical force, I pulled the blade out and turned it into a tapered shaft.

It's not a true one-piece.
the xxx-lite is different from the xxx.

Old
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

But they dont have this giant piece of wood sticking up through the shaft. And they are not replaceable. That's what makes a two piece a two piece

Old
04-03-2008, 04:16 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
But they dont have this giant piece of wood sticking up through the shaft. And they are not replaceable. That's what makes a two piece a two piece
Just because you're repeating this over and over doesn't make it true.

That part of the blade is called the tenon. And yes, those sticks actually do have a tenon sticking up through the shaft -- only they're made of composite materials. Read this thread carefully. 95% of your one-pieces are actually two-piece like this.

I think the Graf Busch is one stick that is actually ONE piece.

Old
04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Pittsburgh Proud

Quote:
Just because you're repeating this over and over doesn't make it true.

That part of the blade is called the tenon. And yes, those sticks actually do have a tenon sticking up through the shaft -- only they're made of composite materials. Read this thread carefully. 95% of your one-pieces are actually two-piece like this.

I think the Graf Busch is one stick that is actually ONE piece.
Well you go and get one of these sticks and try to replace the blade in it. Because (repeating) two pieces are interchangeable. And if it does have a full long piece of composite sticking up through the blade it is very flexible because whenever i use a two piece i can feel that in my slapshot.