HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet's next contract

Old
03-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Good to see you are still with us.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 06:48 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Who cares about Huet?

How about discussing the kind of contract Carey Price will get once his current contract is finished.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 06:55 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
How about discussing the kind of contract Carey Price will get once his current contract is finished.
Well you know that 90% of HF will refuse to pay him at market value and the board will be inundated with "DON'T SIGN PRICE TO ANYTHING MORE THAN $3 MILLION, BOB!" threads regardless of the fact that he'll have 3 Conn Smythes and 2 Vezinas by then.

Can't have superstars hogging all the cap room, remember?

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Guy Caballero

I was in Pro Sports on St. Catherines last week and there were about 20 Huet jerseys on the discount rack at 50% off.

That sums up my feelings about him now: yesterday's news.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
If everything would end now, I think he would have earned more staying in Montreal than what happened. Because he was our proven number one goalie while he has proven nothing in Washington yet. Things could change in the playoffs but as of now his stock has dropped considerably(even if he has played well in Wash).
Huh?

That makes no sense at all. If he gets the Caps in the playoffs they will likely be first in line to reward him with a good contract. His play does not go un-noticed by the other teams either

As for his chances of getting more money in Montreal??? BG let him go because he wants to change over to the younger guys and take the next step. His number one status could not even stop that. How can a guy get more money in that circumstance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'm mainly talking about his "worth". Let's face it Christo was the man here. But going to the Caps like this he has to rebuild his reputation. If he would have stayed with the Habs as number one dog then next summer he would have asked a lot given the season he got with the Habs being in first(possibly). I'm not saying Bob would have given him, i'm saying Huet would have been in better position to ask for big bucks.

Then again, if the Caps make it to the series and Huet does well...
If Huet was "the man" here, he would still be here. For the Montreal situation, he was expendable, which means they would have offered zip for him as a free agent. It doesn't mean he isn't a good goalie. It means the situation in Montreal was never going to have him resigned. It is why he was traded

Last edited by Beakermania*: 03-29-2008 at 12:09 PM.
JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
GNick42

Huet will get the big bucks, he's not an elite goalie but he is top 15 in the league. He kind of reminds me of Thomas in Boston

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote