HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kuznetzov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2004, 05:37 AM
  #1
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
kuznetzov

can anyone w/ monchester monarch connections tell me how kuz is doing? i'm wondering if he's gettin any better or is he still the same kuz that we setn down earlier. i sure hope he's gettin better cuase we're runnin out of defense fast.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 08:25 AM
  #2
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
can anyone w/ monchester monarch connections tell me how kuz is doing? i'm wondering if he's gettin any better or is he still the same kuz that we setn down earlier. i sure hope he's gettin better cuase we're runnin out of defense fast.
If by the "same kuz" you mean sloooooow and not physical not much has changed. Last home game he got beat bad (Louisiana move) to his left along the boards at his own blue line. Then he literally made a "touchdown saving tackle" from behind for which he was sent to the sin bin and the Monarchs gave up a shorthanded goal on the ensuing power play.

When Kuz was sent to Manchester the first time for "conditioning" I thought maybe it was rust we were seeing. This time there are no excuses, wether he is just not playing well or what were seeing is all he's got, IMO isn't that good.

Sorry if I've dashed any hopes. Maybe others [ie. Reggie Moto or Bingo] have a different view.

King Blazer is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 02:48 PM
  #3
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
how about muir? why aren't we pulling him up?? in terms of stats, he's your best defense yet we keep pullin up holland and zizka.

also, kuz needs to step up FAST. this is getting almost ridiculous. he's running out of time to prove himself and he's killing his nhl career fast.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:16 PM
  #4
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
how about muir? why aren't we pulling him up?? in terms of stats, he's your best defense yet we keep pullin up holland and zizka.

also, kuz needs to step up FAST. this is getting almost ridiculous. he's running out of time to prove himself and he's killing his nhl career fast.
Believe me, there are several Monarchs fans that are asking the same question about why Zizka and not Muir. Holland has been in LA all season and appears to be their 7-th (realistically) and higher now due to injury. The last two d-men sent to Manchester were Kuz and Gleason. When the latest recall happened and it was Zizka many of us figured that Zizka was logical if he was going to be scratched on a regular basis because it keeps Kuz and Gleason playing. When Murray dressed him as a 7-th 2 games ago, that theory went out the window.

By the way, the next Monarchs game after the Zizka recall, was the worst game for the d-men as a whole. None of them could do anything right. Not sure if the Zizka thing had a psychological effect on them or they all just forgot the fundamentals of hockey at the same time. I realize that some of the guys "coast" when they're in Manchester, but Zizka has really been terrible here all season. We ran kind of a survivor pole on the AHL boards and Zizka was voted off by the posters there.

King Blazer is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 04:18 PM
  #5
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Is it too late to turn back the clock on that Schneider deal and get Kronwall instead of Kuz? I thought so.

:-(.:. .:..:. : .:.:. :.:. . .:.:. ::. :.: : ..: .:.:. .. :...

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 04:40 PM
  #6
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Believe me, there are several Monarchs fans that are asking the same question about why Zizka and not Muir. Holland has been in LA all season and appears to be their 7-th (realistically) and higher now due to injury. The last two d-men sent to Manchester were Kuz and Gleason. When the latest recall happened and it was Zizka many of us figured that Zizka was logical if he was going to be scratched on a regular basis because it keeps Kuz and Gleason playing. When Murray dressed him as a 7-th 2 games ago, that theory went out the window.

By the way, the next Monarchs game after the Zizka recall, was the worst game for the d-men as a whole. None of them could do anything right. Not sure if the Zizka thing had a psychological effect on them or they all just forgot the fundamentals of hockey at the same time. I realize that some of the guys "coast" when they're in Manchester, but Zizka has really been terrible here all season. We ran kind of a survivor pole on the AHL boards and Zizka was voted off by the posters there.
Let's hope we was brought up to showcase in a trade as a possible 7th d man

 
Old
02-04-2004, 07:38 PM
  #7
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,395
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I realize that some of the guys "coast" when they're in Manchester, but Zizka has really been terrible here all season. We ran kind of a survivor pole on the AHL boards and Zizka was voted off by the posters there.
thats just way too funny...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 11:40 AM
  #8
BINGO
Registered User
 
BINGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: right coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Kuz is soft as melted BUTTAH and he is HAL GILL tough.

BINGO is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.