HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-30-08: Preds @ Wings: The Fairway Edition Part IV

Old
03-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
3-30-08: Preds @ Wings: The Fairway Edition Part IV

Lets Do This!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:48 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
going to be one hell of a season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:18 AM
RollingPredFan

Kind of important game huh? lol

If we sneak out of Detroit with points you gotta like our chances.

If we don't well the next few games should be nerve racking to say the least lol

Anyways hopefully Detroit sleepwalks and Ellis stays hot, we stay outta the box, which we never do against this team

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 10:14 AM
isleskovalchuk

im pulling for the preds, one of my favorite teams...

hopefully ellis stays hot and we can sneak at least a point out of this one

go preds go!!

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:58 AM
predfan24

If we win this game I'm predicting we will make the playoffs no doubt. But then again mabye we want to loe to avoid a detroit hangover

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Wings fan here.. Just wanted to wish you good luck

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Let's go Predators!

Radulov for Czar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Colton2233

Canucks fan here lets go Detroit!

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
My Keys to the Game:
1) Score the first goal - We discussed this last game. Detroit is dominant when playing from ahead and we suck playing from behind to make it simple.

2) Play at Even-Strength - The numbers tell us that we are a much better team than the Red Wings when playing at even-strength this season. Detroit has scored 10 of their 20 goals against the Preds on the PP this season.

3) Keep a 3rd Forward High - When in the offensive end we cannot have all 3 forwards committed deep. Detroit has a great counter-attack and involve their defense often...if they read that we have three forwards deep, they will make one stretch pass and take off on an odd-man rush.

4) Head on a Swivel - As I just said, Detroit loves to involve their defensemen in their attack. Our forwards cannot forget about them when playing defense at the point and have to make a solid effort to stay in the zone to chip pucks out and never ever let their man get by them to create a backdoor opportunity.

5) Play 60 minutes of Desperate Hockey - We still haven't gotten this down yet, but it is getting closer. You cannot take time off against a veteran laden team like Detroit because they will make you pay for it. Need to make sure we play hard every shift and never get caught standing around.

BONUS: Gritty, not pretty - Remember Peverley's GWG in Detroit last week. It was a hustle play that found the puck in the back of the net. Put pucks on net from every angle, crash the net, and pounce on any loose pucks. Need to shoot to create scoring opportunities today and when those opportunities present themselves...bury them!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:03 PM
USF Shark
Z˘ion politik˛n

Sharks fan here......GO PREDS!.....I never thought I'd say that....

but yeah, we Sharks fans want you guys to win so we can have a chance to catch Detroit, if you guys beat them, and we win today we'll be within 3 points with 3 to play!

Old
03-30-2008, 03:17 PM
oilerfan17

Go Wings! Nashville needs to lose this for the Oilers to have a chance.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
Go Wings! Nashville needs to lose this for the Oilers to have a chance.

Boo!!!!!

Old
03-30-2008, 03:31 PM
DousedInOil

Go Wings Go!

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Go Preds Go!

Old
03-30-2008, 04:11 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Hooray For Everybody

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
fielding

at least we got a point

fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Radulov for Czar*

bleh... why can we not get any sustained offensive pressure against detroit? I put this one on the feet of Ryan Suter.

A Crossbar and not even half attempting an attempt on a breakaway.

Old
03-30-2008, 04:48 PM
RollingPredFan

Bah hard way to lose. Ellis was outstanding again. Just couldn't get a puck past Hasek... Anyways I think getting that point was big, but still alot of work to do.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielding View Post
at least we got a point
Yeah, not a total loss. I'm hoping the Predators can grab the 8th spot. I'd much rather see them make it than the Canucks...

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
irisheyes555

1 pt was all i was hoping for out of this one. getting 2 would have been icing on the cake. the nucks have cal x2, edm and col vs our blues x2 and chi. granted all of their games are at home, but i got to think 4 PO caliber teams vs x2 w/the eliminated blues and chi(who has given us problems) is an edge in our favor. cal and col are fighting for the division where edm is fighting for their PO life. chi may be eliminated before that last game(of course that may not stop them from trying to screw us). and if luongo doesn't wake-up soon they are done.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
My Pre-Game Keys to the Game:
Quote:
1) Score the first goal
Grade: F - Colossal Failure...the white elephant was hanging over our heads all game long and stomped down on our chest with all it's weight when Franzen put home that rebound in OT. Great game overall to watch, but you knew pregame that the first goal would decide who won it today, unfortunately...you didn't know it was going to be the only goal!

Quote:
2) Play at Even-Strength
Grade: B- - Did a decent job today at this. Really no unnecessary penalties. Smithson and then Nichol got lucky that they didn't pickup the extra two minutes for cross-checking (after Maltby speared Fiddler - how do 4 sets of eyes miss that???) and roughing (after Chelios drove his knee into Nichol after knocking Nichol down to the ice - refs at least knew Chelios deserved an extra two minutes there). Erat's double-minor for high-sticking is an unfortunate, but not undisciplined penalty and overall I thought we worked hard to earn the PP's (which we couldn't finish) rather than give them today.

Quote:
3) Keep a 3rd Forward High
Grade: B - Did a fairly good job of this today. Saw several times where we had three men deep and you saw the recognition by the high forward and saw them back out to regain position. Had a few breakdowns here, but thankfully we were either able to recover in the neutral zone or force the play to the outside from where Ellis was able to erase the mistake. I saw only one 4 on 3 rush today with a defenseman jumping into the play and thankfully we broke up the play right at the blueline, so overall I give the Preds a passing grade here.

Quote:
4) Head on a Swivel
Grade: C - Did a good job of this today and despite Lidstrom blatantly missing a wide open net on a backdoor play, the Preds covered all of the rush attempts by the Wings. Unfortunately we got caught in our end too often standing still at the blueline and allowing Detroit to pinch to hold in the puck. To me that really means that we were standing flat-footed and could've been beat at the blueline if Detroit decided to rush a defenseman...

Quote:
5) Play 60 minutes of Desperate Hockey
Grade: C - Don't get me wrong, we played about 55 minutes of solid hockey today during regulation and had Ellis erase our mistakes for the other 5 minutes, but the bottom line is that I didn't see enough desperation throughout the game. We failed to put the puck on net several times when we had the opportunity and I don't think I saw enough battle for rebounds when they were there. You can't play so desperate that you leave yourself open at the other end, but you need to play with more desperation than we saw out of the team today.

Quote:
BONUS: Gritty, not pretty
Grade: D - I thought we tried too many long passes throughout the game, failed to throw the puck on net too many times, and failed to pounce on the rebounds when they presented themselves. At the defensive end it was clearly "gritty, not pretty" and they got the job done effectively, but on the offensive end we didn't click and relied too much on our skill level (RADULOV) rather than making a simple play to get results.

One of the things that really bothered me today was our failure to "shoot to create", rather than always "shooting to score." What I mean is when you have players in front of the net or heading to the front of the net, but the goalie is not screened and has a high probability of making the save, you shoot to create a scoring opportunity whether it is by putting the puck in a position to be tipped or deflected or whether it is by shooting to create a rebound for your teammates to pounce on. Detroit does this very well and that is why they get so many goals off of deflections and rebounds. We must learn to better utilize our teammates by using this concept rather than trying to beat Dominik Hasek with a 60' slap shot from the wing with no traffic in front.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 01:44 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It's not the ideal outcome but getting 1 point and only being one back is better than zero points and two back. And we played OK, not great, but we had plenty of chances.

Ellis was huge again. Here's to Ellis' team record of shutout hockey!

Too many posts hit and not enough breakaways converted.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 01:46 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
Wings fan here.. Just wanted to wish you good luck
You didn't need both points! You could have let us win in OT.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote