HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2008, 02:26 PM
  #76
NJD1982
Registered User
 
NJD1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
some of us here really like Lalonde.
So you guys are looking to add a defenseman in Shawn Lalonde with the 31st pick?

I just don't want to get flamed if I pick the wrong guy.

NJD1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 02:39 PM
  #77
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD1982 View Post
So you guys are looking to add a defenseman in Shawn Lalonde with the 31st pick?

I just don't want to get flamed if I pick the wrong guy.
This was before we all realized we had the 31st pick, before we thought we had the 40th.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2008, 02:48 PM
  #78
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
As I've said all year, I'm hoping for Mike Stone. Now that we magically got a higher pick, I like the chances of getting him. Maybe we'll even be able to grab a late first round guy (I like Colborne and Robak if they fall)

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
  #79
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,228
vCash: 500
What time does the draft start on Saturday?

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 05:53 PM
  #80
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What time does the draft start on Saturday?
10AM according to this page: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=522320

Is the draft not going to be live on US television?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
  #81
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
10AM according to this page: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=522320

Is the draft not going to be live on US television?
Thanks, I forgot the NHL starts on Friday. I think it'll either be on VS. or the NHL Network.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 07:55 PM
  #82
Sports24-7
Registered User
 
Sports24-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
10AM according to this page: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=522320

Is the draft not going to be live on US television?
If I'm not mistaken Friday it will be on VS, and Saturday will be on the NHL Network.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
  #83
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,411
vCash: 500
VS. will show the first round on Friday only. NHL network will show both days.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2008, 08:58 PM
  #84
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
Looking forward (hopefully) to some excitement in hearing:

"We have a trade to announce, the Florida Panthers have traded the 31st pick in the draft and _____________ for the (mid first round) pick in the draft, Florida is now on the clock."

or who knows what else.....Olli? (I think Olli will be a Panther by the fall)

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
  #85
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
VS. will show the first round on Friday only. NHL network will show both days.
Looking at the TV listings, it doesn't look like NHL Network is showing Friday, but will be showing Saturday.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 02:43 PM
  #86
Sports24-7
Registered User
 
Sports24-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Meanwhile, the Blue Jackets continue to make and receive calls for the sixth and 19th overall picks in this weekend's NHL draft, hoping to use either to land a No. 1 center.

"There's lots of interest," Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson said. "I'm taking as many calls as I'm making right now."

San Jose, Ottawa, Florida and Montreal are interested in one of the Blue Jackets' first two picks, NHL sources say, but such a trade wouldn't likely go down until after the first five picks play out Friday.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...M.html?sid=101

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:06 PM
  #87
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Interesting, I wouldn't doubt that Martins trying to get both for jokinen haha (but we aren't rebuilding so does that help? lol)

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
  #88
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Interesting, I wouldn't doubt that Martins trying to get both for jokinen haha (but we aren't rebuilding so does that help? lol)
There was a rumor about the possibility of Zherdev + 1st for Jokinen. From a Panthers perspective, I'd do that in a hearbeat. We'd have some more cap space that we could use on another center to replace Jokinen (maybe Rolston who would also give us the big shot that we'd be losing from Jokinen).

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
  #89
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
There was a rumor about the possibility of Zherdev + 1st for Jokinen. From a Panthers perspective, I'd do that in a hearbeat. We'd have some more cap space that we could use on another center to replace Jokinen (maybe Rolston who would also give us the big shot that we'd be losing from Jokinen).
Hopefully if that happens we get some good luck in free-agency because you never know.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
  #90
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
There was a rumor about the possibility of Zherdev + 1st for Jokinen. From a Panthers perspective, I'd do that in a hearbeat. We'd have some more cap space that we could use on another center to replace Jokinen (maybe Rolston who would also give us the big shot that we'd be losing from Jokinen).
word is Rolston will resign with Minnesota. I also don't know if moving Zherdev is in Columbus's best interest as he just had a productive season. I would like it if it did go down, but .. I doubt it

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
  #91
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
word is Rolston will resign with Minnesota. I also don't know if moving Zherdev is in Columbus's best interest as he just had a productive season. I would like it if it did go down, but .. I doubt it
Supposedly, Columbus is about to acquire the rights to Malone from Pittsburgh and then sign him before he hits free agency. If so, that would free Columbus to trade Zherdev for a center which is a bigger need for the Blue Jackets.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:44 PM
  #92
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Supposedly, Columbus is about to acquire the rights to Malone from Pittsburgh and then sign him before he hits free agency. If so, that would free Columbus to trade Zherdev for a center which is a bigger need for the Blue Jackets.
yup i'll eat my words on this for now, i just learned of it myself, supposedly the trade is done, and if that is it, that may make Zherdev expendable, and trading Jokinen to columbus very reasonable.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
  #93
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
yup i'll eat my words on this for now, i just learned of it myself, supposedly the trade is done, and if that is it, that may make Zherdev expendable, and trading Jokinen to columbus very reasonable.
I think Marleau to Columbus is a larger possibility. Doubt Zherdev is a Martin-type player.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
  #94
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I think Marleau to Columbus is a larger possibility. Doubt Zherdev is a Martin-type player.
depends how badly martin wants a 1st

edit: and what matters is if he is a DeBoer type of player, Martin isn't the coach anymore.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
  #95
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
depends how badly martin wants a 1st

edit: and what matters is if he is a DeBoer type of player, Martin isn't the coach anymore.
But he's the guy that acquires the players and his opinion trumps that of the Head Coach in a difference of opinion.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 04:06 PM
  #96
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,875
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
But he's the guy that acquires the players and his opinion trumps that of the Head Coach in a difference of opinion.
If Martin is a good GM, he will supply the coach with the players he needs to make the team successful under DeBoer's system.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 05:20 PM
  #97
OneOfTheHockeyGods*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
But he's the guy that acquires the players and his opinion trumps that of the Head Coach in a difference of opinion.
I think Martin may have realized his style/system wasn't working for this team. Sucks it took him three years.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
  #98
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,033
vCash: 500
Who knows if DeBoer could really try and push for Zherdev plus that first rounder at 6th overall for Olli and idk maybe our second rounder (31st overall). Then we could pick Mikkel Boedker in the draft, who played for DeBoer in juniors and supposedly is electric, has sick hands, and incredible speed. I'd love to get him.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 05:55 PM
  #99
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
I think the team is fine as-is. Unless we can get a top-15 pick (like columbus' but i really don't want to give up too much and go back to rebuilding) we shouldn't give anything up (except for stumpel or peltonen lol)

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2008, 06:21 PM
  #100
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Who knows if DeBoer could really try and push for Zherdev plus that first rounder at 6th overall for Olli and idk maybe our second rounder (31st overall). Then we could pick Mikkel Boedker in the draft, who played for DeBoer in juniors and supposedly is electric, has sick hands, and incredible speed. I'd love to get him.
Would love to see that. We haven't had a dynamic scorer like Zherdev since Bure. But do you really see JM trading for Zherdev? I don't - not the 2-way forward Martin covets.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.