HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dunham must go!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2004, 09:41 PM
  #1
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Dunham must go!!

He has done nothing sense last year and he cost us the game tonight. He is with out a dought a loser. I would rather see Jussi take over he certainly would not do worse.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:18 PM
  #2
Bandwagoner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
You want Turek???

Bandwagoner is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:20 PM
  #3
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagoner
You want Turek???
If it comes with Iginla.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:23 PM
  #4
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,683
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Yeah. I think the team actually deserved to win tonight.

That doesnt fly now though, 8 points out of 8th.

JD is the best goalie in the organzation.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:25 PM
  #5
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Yeah. I think the team actually deserved to win tonight.

That doesnt fly now though, 8 points out of 8th.

JD is the best goalie in the organzation.
it's over! i heard sather was blaming the sticks, anybody hear this? if he said that then he is more clueless than ron blowzo! oh did i say dunham sucks!!

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:46 PM
  #6
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
What A Sad, Sad,display - We Need A New Goal Tender

THIS IS ANGEL NOT RANGER #11


WE NEED TO GET A NEW GOAL TENDER!!!!!!!! DUNHAM SUCKS! :mad: HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE TENDING HIS NET NOT PLAYING THE ICE A MILE AWAY FROM IT. TONIGHT'S GAME WAS A DISGRACE TO RICHTER. ONE GREAT GOALIE RETIRING AND RECEIVING HONORS AND A GOALIE THAT SUCKS TAKING HIS PLACE. SATHER IS SUCH A PEACE OF WORK OPTIONAL PRACTICE, GET HIM OUT OF POWER AND GET SOME ONE IN THERE THAT IS NOT LIVING IN THE PAST AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK HE IS DOING NOW. WE ARE THE RANGER TEAM NOT THE RANGER INDIVIDUALS. EVEN WITH JAGR I DO NOT SEE THE PLAY OFF'S IN OUR FUTURE THIS YEAR BUT I KEEP PRAYING JUST THE SAME. WE HAVE THE MONEY FOR A GOOD GOALIE WHY PAY FOR SOMEONE THAT NEEDS TO GO!!!!

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 11:09 PM
  #7
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,764
vCash: 500
I have never seen a "team" relax like this group did after getting the lead. It was like they just assumed that Minnesota wouldn't bother to come out and play hard in the 3rd period.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 11:30 PM
  #8
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
it's over! i heard sather was blaming the sticks, anybody hear this? if he said that then he is more clueless than ron blowzo! oh did i say dunham sucks!!
he was blaming sticks and injuries in the post game press confrence. mess' comments also mentioned injuries.

on the bright side, sather also talked about taking a hard look at tjutin when he comes back(he's skating already.)

rickyrod is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 11:49 PM
  #9
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
on the bright side, sather also talked about taking a hard look at tjutin when he comes back(he's skating already.)
As long as that means I never have to watch Malakhov in a Ranger uniform, I'm all for it

I don't quite understand why anyone bothers to watch TLB after a game--his nose seems to grow longer after every game.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:20 AM
  #10
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
As long as that means I never have to watch Malakhov in a Ranger uniform, I'm all for it

I don't quite understand why anyone bothers to watch TLB after a game--his nose seems to grow longer after every game.

more frightening than that, he starting to look like muckler back there!

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:42 AM
  #11
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
more frightening than that, he starting to look like muckler back there!
I REALY AND SUPRISED HOW EVERYONE WENT OFF THE MAIN TOPIC OF THIS THRED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 12:49 AM
  #12
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
THIS IS ANGEL NOT RANGER #11


WE NEED TO GET A NEW GOAL TENDER!!!!!!!! DUNHAM SUCKS! :mad: HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE TENDING HIS NET NOT PLAYING THE ICE A MILE AWAY FROM IT. TONIGHT'S GAME WAS A DISGRACE TO RICHTER. ONE GREAT GOALIE RETIRING AND RECEIVING HONORS AND A GOALIE THAT SUCKS TAKING HIS PLACE. SATHER IS SUCH A PEACE OF WORK OPTIONAL PRACTICE, GET HIM OUT OF POWER AND GET SOME ONE IN THERE THAT IS NOT LIVING IN THE PAST AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK HE IS DOING NOW. WE ARE THE RANGER TEAM NOT THE RANGER INDIVIDUALS. EVEN WITH JAGR I DO NOT SEE THE PLAY OFF'S IN OUR FUTURE THIS YEAR BUT I KEEP PRAYING JUST THE SAME. WE HAVE THE MONEY FOR A GOOD GOALIE WHY PAY FOR SOMEONE THAT NEEDS TO GO!!!!
I wish the rumor of Kovie for Bullin would of been true. Dunham must go!!

RANGER#11 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 02:17 AM
  #13
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I REALY AND SUPRISED HOW EVERYONE WENT OFF THE MAIN TOPIC OF THIS THRED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?
i think dunham couldn't stop a beach ball from 2 feet out.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 05:32 AM
  #14
NYRBlaznBure9
Registered User
 
NYRBlaznBure9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Absolutley right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I REALY AND SUPRISED HOW EVERYONE WENT OFF THE MAIN TOPIC OF THIS THRED. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?

And we were going places without him? Mathematically this team is still in it, but to make up that much of a defecit to even just make playoffs would be incredible, and I don't expect it to happen. We saw how good Dunham could be last season, and yes this season he hit bottom, but even when Dunham was out injured, this team wasn't going anywhere! He is just one of many small problems, starting with Dolan and Sather.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 06:28 AM
  #15
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF DUNHAM? I REALY THINK HE HAS BEEN HORIBLE AND DO NOT THINK HE WILL GET US VERY FAR. OPINIONS? OPTIONS?
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 06:33 AM
  #16
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Unfortunately,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.

Daddy has yet to ground little Jimmy, nor is he prepared to sell the team.

jas is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 06:48 AM
  #17
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Dunham was horrible!!! Other than that one save at the very beginning of the game, he did nothing!! All four goals he should have stopped!! Its disgusting to watch him in net!! We need to get a goalie who can make the BIG save or even the routine saves!!! Yes, Dunham played good last year, but that was this year!!! I know that our "D" sucks donkeys but he should have had Laaksonnen and Gaborik's goals easily. They were shots from the top of the circle and the other from the boards!! As well as Zholtok's goal was from the corner, Dunham was way out of position and it took him forever to get there!! I know there is tonnes of things wrong with this team but when your goalie continually lets in goals from a long piece out, how can a team get into a rythm?? Oh well, just me ranting about this f#$%ing team!!

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 06:55 AM
  #18
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Rangers: Night to forget for Dunham

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...4146322760.xml

KING is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:11 AM
  #19
John Flyers Fan
Registered User
 
John Flyers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 22,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
it's over! i heard sather was blaming the sticks, anybody hear this? if he said that then he is more clueless than ron blowzo! oh did i say dunham sucks!!

Yes, I listened to the end of the game driving home from the Flyers game.

Sather's comments as to why they lost:

#1. Goaltending, he layed into Dunham pretty good, especially for the Gaborik goal.

#2. New sticks, apparently Leetch's stick snapped while shorthanded and it led directly to a goal. He essentially said the the PK was good, but the broken stick was the problem. He went on and on about how he's trying to get the players to switch back to wooden sticks.

#3. Injuries. Said the DeVries, Poti and Malakhov (sp?) should return vs. the Devils next week. He also said that Tjutin is ready to start skating again, and acted as if he will play for the Rangers as soon as he's healthy.


Bryan Mullen's commentary for the game:

#1. Gave the Rangers the excuse that, it's very difficult to stand around for 30 minutes and watch the Richter ceremony, and then come out and play well.

#2. The Rangers play well against the good teams (Vancouver), but then don't play well against teams that aren't as good as them (Minnesota).

Last I checked Minnesota is every bit as good as the Rangers, and the Ranegrs record against the "elite teams" is pretty poor.

John Flyers Fan is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:28 AM
  #20
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Dunham's fine...

so he didn't show up to a game...big deal...it happens. For 80% of the season, he's been pretty damn good behind a porouse, piece of crap defense and a team that cannot score PP goals, and cannot keep the front of the net clear on PK and ES situations. And heck, this is the Rangers, a team that scored two or less goals in 8 of 9 games leading up to the Vancouver win (who was in nets for that one?).

Goaltending ain't the problem. Sather now thinks it is because he cannot admit that his forwards do not work hard, his system's flawed, his lines are flawed, and his defense is flawed. He's trying to find one scapegoat. And the goaltender is it - as was Richter before him.

Fletch is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 08:32 AM
  #21
honestmoe77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Joisey Shore
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to honestmoe77 Send a message via Yahoo to honestmoe77
If the Isles go just 15-14 the Rangers must go 19-7-1. Lundmark for Burke would have all the makings of Neil Smith's panic moves before he got canned. The Rangers are done.

honestmoe77 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:20 AM
  #22
Smash255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Massapequa
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by honestmoe77
If the Isles go just 15-14 the Rangers must go 19-7-1. Lundmark for Burke would have all the makings of Neil Smith's panic moves before he got canned. The Rangers are done.

With the way the Isles have been playing latley especially with Parrish coming back within a week or 2 & Yashin not long after that, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Smash255 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:24 AM
  #23
Smash255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Massapequa
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
so he didn't show up to a game...big deal...it happens. For 80% of the season, he's been pretty damn good behind a porouse, piece of crap defense and a team that cannot score PP goals, and cannot keep the front of the net clear on PK and ES situations. And heck, this is the Rangers, a team that scored two or less goals in 8 of 9 games leading up to the Vancouver win (who was in nets for that one?).

Goaltending ain't the problem. Sather now thinks it is because he cannot admit that his forwards do not work hard, his system's flawed, his lines are flawed, and his defense is flawed. He's trying to find one scapegoat. And the goaltender is it - as was Richter before him.

Dunham has struggled quite a bit this seasoon. With that being said its not fair to place a lot of the blame on him. The defense & the PK Unit are utterly awful

Smash255 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:37 AM
  #24
atn1944
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.
The most lucid commentary I've seen on this board from quite some time

atn1944 is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 10:39 AM
  #25
RANGER#11
Registered User
 
RANGER#11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Norfolk, New York
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I think it's pretty effing ridiculous to watch that POS game and the only opinion you come away with is the Dunham sucks. Rangers took 5 shots in the 3rd. PP goes 0-4 while the PK surrenders 2 goals. I didn't see a puck get dumped in all night. Other than Jagr and possibly Bouchard, it didn't look to me like anyone even knew a hockey game was being played, and you're pointing a finger at Dunham!?!?!?!

I agree, Dunham could have had a better night, but I'm not going to call for a guy's head every time he doesn't stand on it and single handedly deliver this joke of a team a win. Fix what's REALLY wrong with the Rangers and you'll find Dunham and Markanen to be a more than adaquate tandem.
I never said that was the only proulblem with this team. And when this year has he actually stood on his head. I was not calling for his head after one game he has been awful this year.

RANGER#11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.