HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your trade offers here - don't read unless interested

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
A young 25-30 goal scorer/good Prospect/2008 1st rd pick.

Old
06-17-2008, 10:46 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
A young 25-30 goal scorer/good Prospect/2008 1st rd pick.
Cammalleri, Brian Boyle, Dallas 1st Round Pick

Old
06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Cammalleri, Brian Boyle, Dallas 1st Round Pick

Let me rephrase that.

A young 25-30 goal scorer/good Prospect/2008 high 1st rd pick(15th pick or better).

Martin has said he would want a 1st rd pick not almost a 2nd rd pick. We have the 31st pick so it would have to be at least the 15th or better but I think JM is going to be looking for a top 10 pick.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Holy Jokinen

Yeah, we basically have a late first rounder (first 2nd round pick)

Old
06-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Let me rephrase that.

A young 25-30 goal scorer/good Prospect/2008 high 1st rd pick(15th pick or better).
That's actually a pretty good return, although Martin reportedly wants 2 young roster players and a 1st. I'd rather have Frolov than Cammy, but Boyle's a beast and puts up points.

06-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Peter Griffin

Ryan Kesler, Cory Schneider and 10th overall pick for Olli Jokinen + something(not sure what, pick/prospect?)?

Old
06-17-2008, 11:14 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Ryan Kesler, Cory Schneider and 10th overall pick for Olli Jokinen + something(not sure what, pick/prospect?)?
Grabner I like.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Grabner I like.
We like him too.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Don't think so man. Martin apprently wants 2 roster players, not more prospects. Schneider would be nice, but not for Olli. While the team needs to adress it's future in goal at some point, we still have T-Vo for 3 or so more years. I'd rather draft a guy instead of losing Olli for something that may or may not be of value a few years down the road.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That's actually a pretty good return, although Martin reportedly wants 2 young roster players and a 1st. I'd rather have Frolov than Cammy, but Boyle's a beast and puts up points.
Yeah, but I don't think we can get Frolov+prospect+pick.

I wonder if they would give us Frolov+2nd overall pick for Olli. I would do that and even give them anthony Stewart to sweeten the pot.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Holy Jokinen

Sweeten the pot for them, or us?

Old
06-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Sweeten the pot for them, or us?

Both! They get an extra prospect who maybe can do something for them with a change of scenery, and we gain back our 3 years of frustration knowing he helped get Frolov here.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yeah, but I don't think we can get Frolov+prospect+pick.

I wonder if they would give us Frolov+2nd overall pick for Olli. I would do that and even give them anthony Stewart to sweeten the pot.
Highly doubt that happens, but I think we'd need to throw in our 2nd or Repik for that to happen. Or, for Frolov, Boyle, Dallas' we could add Stewart and some other pieces...that actualy have value.

I'd be surprised if Olli lands this type of return, but I'd very pleasantly surprised. I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Don't think so man. Martin apprently wants 2 roster players, not more prospects. Schneider would be nice, but not for Olli. While the team needs to adress it's future in goal at some point, we still have T-Vo for 3 or so more years. I'd rather draft a guy instead of losing Olli for something that may or may not be of value a few years down the road.
Fair enough. What type of roster players do you think Jokinen could fetch, assuming there is also a high 1st round pick in the deal? I doubt Jokinen could fetch two young roster players plus a top pick, if the rumours of him asking for a trade are indeed true.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Fair enough. What type of roster players do you think Jokinen could fetch, assuming there is also a high 1st round pick in the deal? I doubt Jokinen could fetch two young roster players plus a top pick, if the rumours of him asking for a trade are indeed true.
Realistically, I have no idea. I'd hope that it'd be a guy who can put up similiar numbers and also be a leader on the ice. I'd love to land Cammy and Boyle here, or Frolov. From Vancouver, it's hard to say. I just hope we don't get bent over again if he is traded.

That said, I don't think it's realistic to expect what Martin laid out there, either. At least Martin threw out a huge chunk of bait is hoping for a big fish.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Wow, seriously? That's expecting a lot don't you think? Frolov has proven he can be a 70+ point player, is 4 years younger than Jokinen, more than $2M less cap hit and you expect them to throw in the 2nd overall pick in a very deep draft?

Old
06-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Wow, seriously? That's expecting a lot don't you think? Frolov has proven he can be a 70+ point player, is 4 years younger than Jokinen, more than $2M less cap hit and you expect them to throw in the 2nd overall pick in a very deep draft?
When does Frolov need a new contract?

Old
06-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Lombardi has recently said he wants to go with a youthful roster..

Giving up the 2nd overall and by far the most consistent player on the kings roster last season is kind of well against everything he said.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yeah, we won't get that 2nd for just Olli. Doubt it lands in our laps at all, especially with Frolov involved. I'd love to see that guy in a Panthers' uni, though. He and Matthias could do some damage.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Realistically, I have no idea. I'd hope that it'd be a guy who can put up similiar numbers and also be a leader on the ice. I'd love to land Cammy and Boyle here, or Frolov. From Vancouver, it's hard to say. I just hope we don't get bent over again if he is traded.
I think Cammy could definitely be dealt but I doubt Frolov would be. I wonder how much interest the Kings would have in Jokinen to begin with. They don't seem to be very committed to winning next season and rather seem to be building for the long term which may or may not include Jokinen given he's only signed for another two seasons.

Personally, I can see Calgary, Minnesota, Vancouver, Columbus and New Jersey having strong interest in Jokinen. If the Panthers could create a bidding war between the three NW teams they could garner a good return. Maybe Minnesota would offer PM Bouchard?

Old
06-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
I think Cammy could definitely be dealt but I doubt Frolov would be. I wonder how much interest the Kings would have in Jokinen to begin with. They don't seem to be very committed to winning next season and rather seem to be building for the long term which may or may not include Jokinen given he's only signed for another two seasons.

Personally, I can see Calgary, Minnesota, Vancouver, Columbus and New Jersey having strong interest in Jokinen. If the Panthers could create a bidding war between the three NW teams they could garner a good return. Maybe Minnesota would offer PM Bouchard?
I would simply love that. 63 points in a trap system? Young? Great player?

Where do I sign?

Old
06-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
JM set the bar high when he asked for the twins in exchange for Olli. The Frolov+2nd for Olli was kinda jokin around that's why I said we would even sweeten the pot with one of our worst 1st rd prospects. lol

Old
06-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
When does Frolov need a new contract?
Same time Jokinen does.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
JM set the bar high when he asked for the twins in exchange for Olli. The Frolov+2nd for Olli was kinda jokin around that's why I said we would even sweeten the pot with one of our worst 1st rd prospects. lol
If Martin thinks hes going to get a return like the Sedin twins, he's insane.

Old
06-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Ahh, gotcha. As for JM asking for the Sedins, I think he simply asked for them because he didn't expect Nonis to say yes. At the deadline JM wasn't willing to part with Jokinen for anything short of a massive overpayment. But if Olli has indeed asked for a trade, he may not have any choice then to trade him for the best offer or risk going into the season with an unhappy star player on his roster. My guess is that Martin will want to move Jokinen prior to the draft if the rumours are true so he has a clear picture of what he needs heading into UFA.

Closed Thread