HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your trade offers here - don't read unless interested

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
dbhislife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfan View Post
he is being overrated if you think you can get heatley or Spezza in return.
dude its quite simple really franchise Dman> franchise forward....end of discussion. They are simply harder to come by

Old
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
How's the value on this?

Parise + Oduya + 1st
for
Bouwmeester

Old
05-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
How's the value on this?

Parise + Oduya + 1st
for
Bouwmeester
The value isn't far off, but the Panthers are still not interested.

Old
05-04-2008, 02:22 PM
8BostonRocker24

To Boston: Jay Bouwmeester

To Florida: Chuck Kobasew (RFA), Andrew Alberts (UFA in 2009), Zach Hamill, Carl Soderberg

or

(4) first round picks

Old
05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
dallas stars 1999

As a Dallas Stars fan, I would love to have Nathan Horton. I would offer Miettanen, a farm pick and 2 round draft pick. I hope that would be enough, if not any counter offers?

Old
05-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
As a Dallas Stars fan, I would love to have Nathan Horton. I would offer Miettanen, a farm pick and 2 round draft pick. I hope that would be enough, if not any counter offers?
Miettinen is an UFA, first off.

Secondly, an average 3rd liner, a prospect, and a 2nd is not enough to garner one of the top young players in the game. The deal would have to include Niskanen, I'd imagine.

Old
05-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
Sure, that's plenty. As a Panther fan, I'd love to have Morrow, we'll give ya Mezei, a farm player (perhaps Stewart? or Glass? Or Larman?), and a 2nd. That enough?

Sorry, it's not close to enough, as a the poster above me has said, Horton is one of the top young players in the game right now. He's also on a solid young line that's one of the first in this team's history to have gelled like it has. I doubt he's gong anywhere. Especially not for that offer. Sorry.

05-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
To Boston: Jay Bouwmeester

To Florida: Chuck Kobasew (RFA), Andrew Alberts (UFA in 2009), Zach Hamill, Carl Soderberg

or

(4) first round picks
Neither...thanks. We're trying to actually get out of our perennial re-build, thanks. To be honest, the 4 1sts sounds better to me, but that's just me.

Our best players aren't going to be handed away for spare parts anymore.

Old
05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Our best players aren't going to be handed away for spare parts anymore.
A 26 year old top-6 forward, a 26 year old top-4 defenseman, a 19 year old top-10 draft pick last year, and one of Boston's best prospects who's 23 years old is pretty far from 'spare parts'.

Old
05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
A 26 year old top-6 forward, a 26 year old top-4 defenseman, a 19 year old top-10 draft pick last year, and one of Boston's best prospects who's 23 years old is pretty far from 'spare parts'.
We have an entire roster of Kobasew's and Alberts', we don't need any more 3rd line/3rd pairing players.

Old
05-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
You asked for Bouw, I don't (as a fan for this team) think that's enough. Didn't mean to put down Boston's players, but Bouw's one of the top defensemen in the league. He and Chara would be lethal. I hope Martin would start with Kessel if he's going to Boston and not staying here, and Martin's been pretty tough to make deals with...well, other than Kilger.

Old
05-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotes4life View Post
FLA Gives:

Oli Jokinen
75th Overall Pick

PHX Gives:
8th Overall Pick
Al Montoya

We already have two good goalies, we don't need Montoya!!!
How about Shane Doan or Steve Reinprecht for our 75th Overall pick.

Old
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
First of all, Miettinen is a diving little punk who screwed the Panthers with a cowardly dive two seasons ago. Therefore, screw him and any chance he would wear a Panthers jersey. Secondly, he isn't worth Horton's skates let alone Horton.

Yes, I do hold a grudge against a dive like he put on.

Old
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

I was watching the World Championship the other day and it got me thinking about Jovanoski. JM said he wanted a puck moving defencemen and he would fit the bill. Obviously the issue is that Jovo makes alot of cash, however this would lower his value. I remember Phoenix wanting to move him earlier (might have been last year) and I have no idea if they still want to get rid of him or not. Probably won't happen, but here is the general idea I had.

To FLA:
Jovo

To PHX:
Van Ryn
Picks/Prospects

They save cap space and pick up some assets, and us giving up MVR lessens the amount of cash we have to take on. I don't know what Phoenix would want in terms of prospects/picks to even out the deal. This only costs us an additional 3.6M of cap space for the next 2 seasons. The cap should have gone up enough by the time the 3rd season comes around for us to absorb the full 6.5M hit or we could buy him out at that point, which would be cheaper due to his lower salary late in the contract. Of course if Phoenix wants to keep him around no way this happens.

What does everyone think about this? Feel free to change to trade to make it more fair.

Old
05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
I was watching the World Championship the other day and it got me thinking about Jovanoski. JM said he wanted a puck moving defencemen and he would fit the bill. Obviously the issue is that Jovo makes alot of cash, however this would lower his value. I remember Phoenix wanting to move him earlier (might have been last year) and I have no idea if they still want to get rid of him or not. Probably won't happen, but here is the general idea I had.

To FLA:
Jovo

To PHX:
Van Ryn
Picks/Prospects

They save cap space and pick up some assets, and us giving up MVR lessens the amount of cash we have to take on. I don't know what Phoenix would want in terms of prospects/picks to even out the deal. This only costs us an additional 3.6M of cap space for the next 2 seasons. The cap should have gone up enough by the time the 3rd season comes around for us to absorb the full 6.5M hit or we could buy him out at that point, which would be cheaper due to his lower salary late in the contract. Of course if Phoenix wants to keep him around no way this happens.

What does everyone think about this? Feel free to change to trade to make it more fair.
Its a decent trade for us, but do we really want to take on that much salary for Jovo? $18.5 million over the next three years.

Old
05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
We have an entire roster of Kobasew's and Alberts', we don't need any more 3rd line/3rd pairing players.

You may have a bunch of Albert's, but Kobasew put up the same numbers as David Booth this year\

Old
05-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:

To FLA:
Jovo

To PHX:
Van Ryn
Picks/Prospects

I could be wrong but I don't think Phoenix is looking to move him anymore, not in this kind of deal anyway. I kept hearing this season how they were happy with his play. They want to make the playoffs next year just like us, and if they trade Jovo, they're probably going to want a younger, cheaper, already established top 4 NHL d-man in return, which we can't offer.

Old
05-08-2008, 12:58 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:

To FLA:
Jovo

To PHX:
Van Ryn
Picks/Prospects

Jovo has a NTC and I doubt he would want to go from one rebuilding team to another.

Old
05-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Lunatik*

i proposed this a while back... but i'll try this again in this thread...

Tanguay for Weiss and Calgary gets the option to swap 1st round picks in 2009

Old
05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post

This won't happen! The Weiss/Horton/Booth line really played well together this season and that is a line JM will not tamper with in the offseason!

Old
05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:

Bad trade for Florida. Weiss is only 25, whereas Tanguay will be 29 when the season starts. Plus, while Weiss doesn't put up the same numbers he is a more well-rounded guy, and guys love him in the room.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:30 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Jovo has a NTC and I doubt he would want to go from one rebuilding team to another.
I heard he would only waive his NTC for Florida. Doesn't matter though as it looks like Phoenix wants to keep him now.

Old
05-08-2008, 02:31 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:

No thank you. Weiss is younger, signed long term, better defensively, and the team just flat out plays much better when he's in the lineup.

Old
05-08-2008, 07:05 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Zidlicky is another puck moving defenceman that his team might be looking to move due to Nashville's depth on defence. Just throwing names out there, the offseason is more boring without a 1st rounder to look forward to.

Old
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Zidlicky is another puck moving defenceman that his team might be looking to move due to Nashville's depth on defence. Just throwing names out there, the offseason is more boring without a 1st rounder to look forward to.
Not sure if it was Nashville or Minnesota that was looking to get a center in the offseason. If it was Nashville then maybe trade him straight up for Stumpel or something.

Closed Thread