HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yanno what I hate?

Old
03-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Ludicrous Speed

vCash: 500
Yanno what I hate?

Is it the fact that we're missing the playoffs? No.

The fact that we still play like **** against our rivals? No.

The fact that we don't compete or even care? No.

I hate our stupid fans. I'm not saying that our fans are stupid in general. I mean the STUPID fans. Not the true fans who start chants. Those ignorant, impatient, and obnoxious fans. I sat in front of these people that wouldn't shut up when we had the puck for about the ninth game in a row.

"Shoot it!!"
- "Lady, we're not even in the zone/There are 7 people in front of the guy with the puck/There is no way you can score from that angle/WE DON"T EVEN HAVE THE PUCK!!"

Those people who want nothing but chaos, hits, and shots. Those impatient morons that think that when we're on the powerplay it means all we have to do is shoot from anywhere and we'll score.

They think they know everything about hockey. "Shelby, you could score out there!!" Shut the **** up.

People must know that hockey isn't all banging and bruising. It's an art. It's beautiful. Don't mess it up with your ignorance. You're ruining it for everyone. If you don't have something positive to say (or yell) about your team, don't say anything.

Look, I'm a fan of the game first and Blue Jackets fan second. I see things objectively. It disgusts me when people think that their team is perfect and doesn't do anything wrong.

If anyone remembers the Rome penalty tonight for closing his hand on the puck, that was a good call. People need to know what they're talking about if they're gonna scream their displeasure.

"That was a bull**** call!!"
-"Uhh no it wasn't. If you knew **** about the game you'd know that. You can't grab the puck out of the air and toss it around the guy."

I know we've all had these people sitting near us and I'm not the first to complain about it. I just can't take it anymore.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 10:58 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

i would think you would have fans like that at every sport

i will admit i hear stuff like that around me too. its annoying but best to just ignore it

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
It's like that everywhere I think. I go to almost every Monsters game and people still get up while the puck is in play and I can't see ****. Drives me ****ing insane.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Ludicrous Speed

I know its like that everywhere, I said that in my post at the end.

These people literally made me physically ill

Old
03-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Skraut

I've got one of "them fans" that sits down the row from me at Monsters games in Cleveland. (down the row means that 90% of the time the 15 seats between us are empty)

She's a grandmother, Usually wears a Habs or Leafs jersey to every game, and yells "Shoot the (insert random obscenity here) Puck" every time the Monsters cross into the offensive zone. I've walked over, sat next to her, and tried to calmly discuss with her High percentage shots vs Low percentage shots. She'll hear nothing of it, and apparently expects the opposing goalie to withstand machine gun type fire on the powerplay. After the first shot on the powerplay gets deflected by a forward dropping to block the shot, and the zone cleared, I try once again to explain that random shots are bad. She proceeds to tell me I know nothing about hockey because I didn't watch Guy Lafleur play in person like she did, and that if you don't shoot, you can't score.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Hugg

Fans like this are, quite seriously, why I didn't renew my Bengals season tickets. I'd rather just watch on TV.

And my dad used to be like this for CBJ games, it drove me insane, but his understanding of the game grew with experience. I don't pretend to be some kind of hockey expert (no where close), but if I'm unsure on something, I just keep my mouth shut.

Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I've got one of "them fans" that sits down the row from me at Monsters games in Cleveland. (down the row means that 90% of the time the 15 seats between us are empty)

She's a grandmother, Usually wears a Habs or Leafs jersey to every game, and yells "Shoot the (insert random obscenity here) Puck" every time the Monsters cross into the offensive zone. I've walked over, sat next to her, and tried to calmly discuss with her High percentage shots vs Low percentage shots. She'll hear nothing of it, and apparently expects the opposing goalie to withstand machine gun type fire on the powerplay. After the first shot on the powerplay gets deflected by a forward dropping to block the shot, and the zone cleared, I try once again to explain that random shots are bad. She proceeds to tell me I know nothing about hockey because I didn't watch Guy Lafleur play in person like she did, and that if you don't shoot, you can't score.

She obviously hasn't been watching the Jackets.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:03 AM
trickbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
It's like that everywhere I think. I go to almost every Monsters game and people still get up while the puck is in play and I can't see ****. Drives me ****ing insane.
This happens all game long at Jackets games, too. I'll admit I am still learning the game myself so I'm guilty of "shoot it" or screaming about "bad" calls. But, it drives me absolutely insane when people get up while the puck is in play, let alone when they try to re-enter even when the usher stops them! Don't even get me started about the local HS hockey teams that have been in 201 lately. You'd think they'd know to stay seated while the puck is in play since they just won some championship, but they're as bad as the casual fans about getting up mid-play. GRRRR!

trickbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
She proceeds to tell me I know nothing about hockey because I didn't watch Guy Lafleur play in person like she did, and that if you don't shoot, you can't score.
I wish I had the chance to correct her. If you don't shoot ON GOAL, you can't score.
Most of us here know that shooting into a guys shin pads or into the boards can sometimes do more harm than good.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
I was at the Chicago game, and somebody behind me was trying to argue that if we'd had Zenon Konopka, we would have been in the playoffs.

Or maybe I read that in Puck Rakers. I don't remember.

03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Samkow sits in the press box?

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
GOCBJ61

i'm glad everyone on this board knows everything...be glad they came to the arena....

GOCBJ61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 04:54 PM
EDM

Touche !!!!!

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjsec114 View Post
i'm glad everyone on this board knows everything...be glad they came to the arena....
Thread winner.

Old
03-30-2008, 05:39 PM
cpmCBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
I was at the Chicago game, and somebody behind me was trying to argue that if we'd had Zenon Konopka, we would have been in the playoffs.

Or maybe I read that in Puck Rakers. I don't remember.

this is what, your 50th post with this theme?

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjsec114 View Post
I never said I knew everything.

Old
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbasketer743 View Post
I never said I knew everything.
BB, I get you. Let's clarify - it's the stupid people who act like they know everything (and just HAVE to be the most vocal) that are annoying. For me, it's a pet peeve that extends outside the arena.

In summary, if we're talking about people like you, we're glad you came to the game, but if you won't make the effort to educate yourself on what you're watching, at least be stupid quietly, mkay?

P.S. Of course, we're NOT talking about you, because you're here learning more about the game by sharing thoughts with other hockey fans.

Last edited by leesmith: 03-30-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old
03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbasketer743 View Post

If anyone remembers the Rome penalty tonight for closing his hand on the puck, that was a good call. People need to know what they're talking about if they're gonna scream their displeasure.

"That was a bull**** call!!"
-"Uhh no it wasn't. If you knew **** about the game you'd know that. You can't grab the puck out of the air and toss it around the guy."

I know we've all had these people sitting near us and I'm not the first to complain about it. I just can't take it anymore.

In all honesty, I remeber the call, but couldn't see the play. A group of people got up in front of me to go to the concession stand.

I didn't make the switch to the jumbotron fast enough.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:14 PM
elisalou

I have sat by all kinds of fans-

the ones that are minutes away from a coronary- screaming red faced and spilling their beers everywhere

the puck bunnies that are yelling "yay- go Rickie" even when it is Murray on the ice and not Rick

the guy yelling "Hainsey you suck!" every 5 minutes

the puking kid.....

You name it. I always expect some sort of annoying fan sitting nearby.

elisalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:46 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I've seen this at Dayton Bombers games. I go to several games a year & am a fan. There are two or three fans who immediately come to mind that attempt to argue with the refs on every call at every game, even on fair calls against the Bombers.

There's nothing wrong with sticking up for & being passionate about your team, but I guess the way I look at it is if (insert player from your team) clearly hooked a guy & got caught, he gets two minutes. It sucks, but he gets two minutes. I don't know everything about the game of hockey, but I try & look at it fairly.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 03-30-2008 at 07:55 PM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
BB, I get you. Let's clarify - it's the stupid people who act like they know everything (and just HAVE to be the most vocal) that are annoying. For me, it's a pet peeve that extends outside the arena.

In summary, if we're talking about people like you, we're glad you came to the game, but if you won't make the effort to educate yourself on what you're watching, at least be stupid quietly, mkay?

P.S. Of course, we're NOT talking about you, because you're here learning more about the game by sharing thoughts with other hockey fans.
leesmith, I love you. And I mean that in THE most heterosexual way possible.

For some reason I always picture you as the fat black Miller guy, and I love that guy.

Old
03-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmCBJ View Post
this is what, your 50th post with this theme?
Welcome to HF.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Pluckfur

Sam is getting snotty! Sam is getting snotty!

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:14 PM
cbj21

I have always found people to be very dumb.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

[Zenon Konopka]

Dumb fans are a fact of life if you live in a Southern Hockey City, and Columbus is no exception. I've accepted the fact that there are some people who are experts on the game just because they read Puck Rakers.

Sure, it would be nice if more of them keep their mouthes shut, but what are you going to do. I just hope they don't smell (Moses over in section 103 has bad body oder, or so I've been told) or spend the entire game talking to their friend about how Planet Earth changed their life or their upcoming weekend trip to Hilton Head. As long as those two conditions are met, I'm content.

[/Zenon Konopka]

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote