HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game takes: Banged up, depleted Habs fail to show up as Leafs hurt draft pick

Old
03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
Actually, that WAS my point.
You're not pointless, the Leafs winning and jumping teams is.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
Caps are one pt. back of Philly now for 8th and only 2 pts back of the Bruins in 7th, although Bruins have a game in hand.

Bruins play Buffalo tomorrow. Big game for both teams...obviously. Philly doesn't play until Wednesday and they are in Pitts. Caps plays their last 3 games at home and can leap into 8th with a win against the 'Canes Tuesday. Flyers will have a game in hand - that Pens game.

It's gonna go to the last game.

Leafs jumped Fla. with their win tonight cause Cats lost to the Caps.
Philly is back up to three points up on Washington after winning tonight iirc.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
+1 couldn't have said it any better.
What I love is Carbo starting Halak on a Saturday match up against the Leafs. I almost think wanted to give the leafs 2 points to weaken their draft position

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:26 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Philly is back up to three points up on Washington after winning tonight iirc.
Yeah, you're right. I assumed TSN had updated the standings to include the Philly win when I checked last, but they hadn't. Checked again and now they have, so Philly in 7th, Bruins in 8th.

Good, I'd rather play the Flyers anyway. Leave Pitts to play the Caps or Bruins. I'm definintely good with that.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

no Komisarek, no Koivu, no Streit, losing O'Byrne for the game in the 1st... anyone surprised we didnt play well ?

come on...

Sens losing today means getting 1 pt in our last 3 games or them losing 1 pt in their last 3 and we'll finish 1st or 2nd in the conference... ain't that beautiful!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I truly thought he'd step up.

The losing isn't that big of a deal however Kovalev absolutely failing to show up disappoints me. A disgusting effort by the trio.

He has been praised to death this year and rightfully so but he should be blasted for this disgraceful performance in the absence of Koivu.

pathetic !

Kovalev is the 12 th pointers of the NHL , leads the Habs from day one , and brings his team to a +- 100 points season , and you blast him for a "disgraceful performance in the absence of Koivu " . A single bad game and you jump on him .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Still.....would have love to have a better bottom 6 forwards, a little more grit and....more experience to backup Price.....

I know....it's in the past but I really hope all 3 I mentioned won't be the difference to have a long run in the playoffs, 'cause it would suck very much.

By the way, I'm not saying it that 'cause of that game tonight. Seems that we weren't interested as a whole.

But which team would you rather be. A 1st who has some ups but a little more downs or a 8th who's in a playoff mode for quite some time and can't seem to know how to lose.....

We need to have some momentum back to get into the playoffs with a great attitude. 'Cause chances are the 7th or 8th seed will be having some momentum going their way since they have to win every game till the end....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:46 PM
MM425

I was at the game tonight.

I wouldn't call it a terrible preformance... for the most-part the guys played hard. It seems like injuries and fatigue finally caught up to them.

I was also a bit perpexed at how Carbo coached the game. It seemed he was coaching like they had everything clinched already... he rolled 4 lines for basically the entire game, no exceptions. I would have gone all out to win this one so that this week could be a total right-off and time to rest guys.

Oh well, Ottawa is in total free-fall mode so hopefully we can win Tuesday and totally rest guys than need it for the final 2 games.

MM425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:50 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Whoever blaming Kovalev for tonigh doesn't know anything about hockey. The Kovy line didn't play alot during this game on 5 on 5 because of the PKs. And second, they provoked some stuff unlike other lines... Anyway, a weird game to forget, they just want to get to playoffs already.

And i'm wondering how the hell can we go in playoffs without Komisarek,Koivu(out for 4 weeks), Streit & Bouillon.... Brisebois and Dandy on D

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:50 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Still.....would have love to have a better bottom 6 forwards, a little more grit and....more experience to backup Price.....

I know....it's in the past but I really hope all 3 I mentioned won't be the difference to have a long run in the playoffs, 'cause it would suck very much.

By the way, I'm not saying it that 'cause of that game tonight. Seems that we weren't interested as a whole.

But which team would you rather be. A 1st who has some ups but a little more downs or a 8th who's in a playoff mode for quite some time and can't seem to know how to lose.....

We need to have some momentum back to get into the playoffs with a great attitude. 'Cause chances are the 7th or 8th seed will be having some momentum going their way since they have to win every game till the end....
You cant have it all at once...This team wasnt suppose to be where they are right now and i think it would have been a big mistake to go get players just to get some "experience". This team is very young (especially tonight without Saku) and they need to get through this learning curve.

Panic just after a loss is our trademark...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:52 PM
The n00b King ©*

These standings would be ideal, IMO:

1. Habs/Pens
2. Habs /Pens
3. Caps
4. Devils
5. Rangers
6. Sens
7. Flyers/Bruins
8. Flyers/Bruins

*Based on regular season, I think this would be pretty good match-ups.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post

pathetic !

Kovalev is the 12 th pointers of the NHL , leads the Habs from day one , and brings his team to a +- 100 points season , and you blast him for a "disgraceful performance in the absence of Koivu " . A single bad game and you jump on him .
Yeah,it's rightfully justified to bash the captain Koivu when the occasionnal/odd stinker occurs for the Habs in a while and use him as the main scapegoat....give me a break.Remember the ''Trade Koivu out omg he suxxxxxxxx111!!!'''threads everyone immediately after occasional bad team performances?You Zamboni especially get to it.

Interesting double standard.Kovalev's great,I didn't want to bash him.What's really problematic and truly ****ing annoying is the people who are constantly looking for a designated scapegoat and desperately want to attribute a loss to a player in particular. I guess Nash13 wanted to highlight this in a sarcastic manner.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 03-30-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883

They didn't get a goal on 17 minutes of powerplay time. SEVENTEEN minutes. I know the Habs clinched but damn we looked slow and disinterested out there. Almost as slow as the Leafs. Oh well I hope we beat the Sens and win the division already.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

They didn't get a goal on 17 minutes of powerplay time. SEVENTEEN minutes. I know the Habs clinched but damn we looked slow and disinterested out there. Almost as slow as the Leafs. Oh well I hope we beat the Sens and win the division already.
How many PP for MTL and T.O.?

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I thought Grabovski looked very fast and worked hard defensively in his limited minutes. I don't think he had more than 11 minutes.

Gorges played his worst game of the season. On the ice for all four goals against.
I can't blame Gorges for that goal where He's in front of the net watching Sundin who lays him flat with a cross-check from behind and ends up getting scored on while lying on his face. I don't remember Gorges having the puck. why was he crosschecked in his own zone? If you ask me, there should have been a penalty, not a goal..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post

pathetic !

are u stupid or just posting cause i mentioned Koivu. Frankly i think its a toss up.

Kovalev has been great this year, like i said and complimented him for.

However just like a goalie responding from a bad performance, you would like to see players step up in this situation.

Kovalev is essentially the main man right now with Koivu, Komisarek and Streit out of action (and for how long we don't know) and its a Nationally televised game where his team can lock up a division title against a hated rival, you expect him to pick up his game.

He was pitiful tonight which is very disappointing in my opinion especially under the circumstances.

Old
03-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Anyone see the O'Byrne elbow? I missed the play but I hear it was nothing. If it was bad enough to get a game misconduct, will we see a suspension?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:27 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I can't blame Gorges for that goal where He's in front of the net watching Sundin who lays him flat with a cross-check from behind and ends up getting scored on while lying on his face. I don't remember Gorges having the puck. why was he crosschecked in his own zone? If you ask me, there should have been a penalty, not a goal..
No penalty. It's Mats Sundin. He's allowed to cross-check guys and high-stick them. It's in the rulebook.

It has to be, it happens all the time.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
Yeah,it's rightfully justified to bash the captain Koivu when the occasionnal/odd stinker occurs for the Habs in a while and use him as the main scapegoat....give me a break.Remember Trade Koivu threads everyone rught after certain stinkers?

Interesting double standard.Kovalev's great,I didn't want to bash him.What's really problematic is the people who are constantly looking for a designated scapegoat and want to attribute a loss to a player in particular.I guess Nash13 wanted to highlight this in a sarcastic manner.
The double standard i agree however i wasn't trying to make Kovalev a scapegoat. The whole team played like crap aside from a select few.

But like poster who i originally quoted, i was looking for Kovalev to elevate his game especially with Komisarek already down and now adding the Captain and another one of your top point getters. It was a game you wanted to see him put the team on his shoulders and carry them.

I guess next time we hear someone say we would like "x" player to step up his game we should await Zamboni's reply defending that player, of course unless his name is Koivu.

Old
03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Hermamoud

Like we probably lost Bouillon and that O'byrne might be suspended for that hit, we might recall some d's from Hamilton. Do players still have to clear waivers after the trade deadline?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Like we probably lost Bouillon and that O'byrne might be suspended for that hit, we might recall some d's from Hamilton. Do players still have to clear waivers after the trade deadline?
I'm not sure.. but none of the guys we'd call up would need to clear (Valentenko or Carle, most likely).

However, Streit should be okay. O'Byrne won't get a suspension. And Breezer played okay tonight. Plus Komi should be back in a 1 1/2.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Anyone see the O'Byrne elbow? I missed the play but I hear it was nothing. If it was bad enough to get a game misconduct, will we see a suspension?
It wasn't even deserving of 2 minutes.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It wasn't even deserving of 2 minutes.
I was honestly shocked at the time when Bob Cole announced he'd be getting a penalty - assuming that it was a 2 minute minor

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No penalty. It's Mats Sundin. He's allowed to cross-check guys and high-stick them. It's in the rulebook.

It has to be, it happens all the time.
It's BS. And then you wonder why fans get mad and throw coffee at them..

Had Gorges had the puck, I would have let it slide, but his own team had the puck.. It was interference..

The NHL needs Refs with balls...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Bégin is the bestest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm not sure.. but none of the guys we'd call up would need to clear (Valentenko or Carle, most likely).

However, Streit should be okay. O'Byrne won't get a suspension. And Breezer played okay tonight. Plus Komi should be back in a 1 1/2.
It seems Valentenko is injured, i never see his name in Hamilton boxscores.

the most ready player would be Jean-Philippe Côté but he has to be on waivers I think.

Bégin is the bestest* is offline   Reply With Quote