HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One Rookie Forward, One Rookie Dman

Old
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
One Rookie Forward, One Rookie Dman

this year it was Dubinsky and Staal

next year I think it will be Korpikoski and Potter.

please name one rookie forward and one rookie d that u think will make the team. realistic options. Chery is not signed yet so he dont count. only signed players to NHL contracts. I think Anisimov makes it in 09-10 with a few games in 08-09 like Dubinsky got last year. We dont want to rush these kids. Anisimov could make it but like with Dubinsky, Callahan and Dawes we gave them games the year before they made it full time. Staal was the only one to not do this.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:06 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Well, JOrts, I think it's a bit strange to restrict it like that - Cherry is a Rangers' prospect and if he, Omsk and the team can figure out a way to arrange for him to play over here, why should we exclude him? Anyway, using your guidelines, I'll go with Sanguinetti and Jessiman.

That's right - Jessiman. (Closely followed by Korpi and Anisimov during the year.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Moore & Sanguinetti

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Well, JOrts, I think it's a bit strange to restrict it like that - Cherry is a Rangers' prospect and if he, Omsk and the team can figure out a way to arrange for him to play over here, why should we exclude him? Anyway, using your guidelines, I'll go with Sanguinetti and Jessiman.

That's right - Jessiman. (Closely followed by Korpi and Anisimov during the year.)
korpedo betts sjostrom. it has speed.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

I'm going to say no forward, no defenseman.

We have three young defenders (Girardi, Tyutin, Staal) and another who cannot be relied upon as a veteran yet (Backman). Don't really see us adding a rookie blueliner at the start of the season, unless Sanguinetti really blows us away. Re-signing Rozsival is probable, as is adding/keeping one of our vets IE. Malik, Mara at a cheaper price.

As for the forwards, Renney's MO with youth has been show us you can dominate the competition in the AHL (Dawes, Callahan) or show us you can stick with the competition in the NHL (Prucha, Dubinsky). Nobody really consistently stood out in HFD this year (Anisimov, Moore, Korpikoski) nor showed they could hang in the NHL (Moore, Byers) to say that they're going to earn a full time spot. Plus take a look at the most sensible, work with what he have projected roster...

-Dubinsky-
Prucha-Gomez-Dawes
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Not too many spots available...I'd want Jagr and Avery back. Possibly Straka or another free agent that fits.

The three forwards that I'd think have the best shot are Cherepanov (if he comes over), Byers (for the fourth line), and Anisimov (move Drury to the wing, put Artem in the same position as Dubinsky...force him to adapt to the NHL and hopefully respond well even though his AHL numbers were not earth shattering).

For some reason, I have this nagging feeling that Ryan Hillier is going to pop up out of nowhere and surprise us.

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
gun to my head i pick anisimov or cherepanov (depending on contract situation) for forward and sanguinetti or sauer on D. it's a toss up the camp is gonna be the deciding factor assuming they don't (re)sign anyone. and it's never to early to look forward to next season already.

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:38 PM
mstraka82

dubi and staal amazing what can i say

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2008, 11:56 PM
TheZherdev

so much will have to do with what the rangers need next year. And for other questions to be answered. like will the rangers put drury on the wing so that anisimov can center the third line? which of Jagr, Straka, avery will be back next year? Will Cherepanov get his contract dispute cleared? Its just too unclear and early to tell.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Actually, it's two forwards, with Dawes essentially cementing himself in the lineup. But, to play along, I think Korpi is ready to grab a spot, which is why I don't see Straka coming back. Anisimov, Moore and Byers are probably the other best bets, but, Korpi is probably the best combination of readiness and upside. Maybe Potter pushes for the 6th spot, but, I'm not sure we'll see a young D-man make the squad, unless Bobby Sangs proves himself to be ready. Sauer most likely needs another year, and Baranka has not stayed healthy enough (yet) to show the consistency the Rangers require of their youngsters to stay in the NHL.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:48 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Nice choice with the Potter pick JOrts. I'm with you on that one.

As far as a forward I'll go with Korps or Byers as Hollwegs replacement.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:18 AM
eco's bones

I think that Sauer's going to need at least another year.

On defense--Sanguinetti, Baranka and Potter all seem to have a shot and at this point I wouldn't say who has the best shot but Sanguinetti has the best future without a doubt.

Korpikoski and Byers have both impressed. Both hitting the 20 goals mark--both over 40 points. Both still very young. Jessiman is coming on strong at the end. Anisimov is more of a wild card. I'd expect at least two new forwards with Korpikoski and Byers as frontrunners.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Ola

I think:
Avery-Dubi-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Shanny
Prucha-Drury-Callahan
Sjöström-Betts-Orr
Holly
Staal-Roz
Toots-Girardi
Strud/Struds II (like a Lance Ward or someone)/Sauer/Potter/Sangs-Bäckman
Lundqvist
Valley

I think we will be able to keep that team within the cap. And I don't think any kid will beat out Prucha comming out of camp, not Korpi, not Moore, not Byers and not Jessiman.

But of course there will be plenty of room during the season for things to happend -- like it have the last couple of season, like it always will happend in the future.

We have had few injurys this season, but still probably missed atleast like 60 man games upfront. Prucha, Gomez, Callahan, Betts, Orr and Shanahan have been injured this season. On defense Mara, Malik and Roz have been injured.

If we go into the season with that lineup it means that the HFD kids will get plenty of chances to prove their worth and win a spot during the season. Especially Sauer, Potter, Korpi, Jessiman, Byers, Moore and Anisimov.

If Chere signs he might challenge for a spot from the get go.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Celestial Black

I would like to see AA and Sang.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:56 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Cherepanov should coun't, especially considering that the GM of Omsk is in NYC today and an agreement to bring him to NA could be made today.

If he comes to NA he WON'T play a minute in Hartford.

Therefore,

Cherepanov and Sanguinetti

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Why all the talk of moving Drury to wing? He is a top 10 faceoff man in the league. I think it's far more likely that they start developing Anisimov as a winger, rather than a center, because Gomez and Drury are here long term and Dubinsky seems to have that spot solidified and will also be here long term.

It depends entirely on who comes back next season. A rookie D would have to outplay Roszival, Staal, Tyutin, Girardi, Backman and whoever the Rangers sign to play in the top 6 (whether it's a resigning or new blood). That's a pretty tall order.

At forward, I think there's either going to be 2 or 3 spots opening up in the top 9. Sjostrom, Prucha, Moore, Byers, Jessiman and Anisimov will be competing for those spots. Your guess is as good as mine on who makes it. I do think it likely that Prucha gets traded on draft day, but that's nothing more than a hunch.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 10:39 AM
in the hall

why are people picking Sauer? by all accounts he had a bad year this year. he's not that much better to jump players like Potter and maybe even Baranka.

have to go with Potter on D.

Anisimov on O. Just don't see him making it straight out of camp.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 10:40 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Cherepanov should coun't, especially considering that the GM of Omsk is in NYC today and an agreement to bring him to NA could be made today.
agreed that once he comes over he's not playing in the AHL but thats not at all the reason why he is in NY, stop dreaming.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 10:43 AM
free0717

Korpikorski and Baranka

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 10:54 AM
free0717

you might also see Jessiman or Byers just because the Rangers dont have any real physical(large) forwards.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Mikos87

I think the most likely defenders to come on board will be Baranka and or Potter as a steady 6-7. I personally think that both will see significant time with Backman going to the press box like Malik this year. We could be losing four forwards, and I don't know if anyone outside of Moore has shown that they have dominated the AHL. Byers and Korps have picked it up like Dubi has done last year, and even Jessiman has shown signs of life.

But if we end up forcing rookies into the line up we become a middle of the pack team. That said I can see Byers on the fourth line, and spot PP duty, or Korps there with spot pk duty.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
probably none

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Nich

moore and baranka

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
probably none
i'm leaning in that direction myself.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Heat McManus

Moore and Baranka. I think Sanguinetti will be in Hartford for a year.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Super Sanguinetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
"...Plus take a look at the most sensible, work with what he have projected roster...

-Dubinsky-
Prucha-Gomez-Dawes
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Not too many spots available...I'd want Jagr and Avery back. Possibly Straka or another free agent that fits. "
I want Jags and Avery back as well (Not Straka), but I feel like all this recent news from Jagr means his days here are numbered. But in all seriousness, making up lines for next year now is virtually impossible. There are so many different senarious that have to be determined. I mean, will Rozie return, or do we sign another Dman from FA? Who do we sign to play on Gomer's line? Will Prucha finally crack the lineup? And if he does, will he be able to play the way half of this board feels he is capable of (...or does he fall on his face, like the other half of this board thinks will happen)?

In other news:
In no way do either Hollweg or Orr deserve cemented spots. They are what they are - forth liners. I think bringing up Korpikoski would be the smartest move because he's a well established defender - which means renney will play him even while going through his offensive struggles.
And for a d-man, I say Baranka. Tormented by injuries since forever, this kid has the talent if he could ever get it together. I don't know if this is gonna be the year he does, but he may not last much longer in this org. if he doesnt

Super Sanguinetti is offline   Reply With Quote