HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Game vs NYI

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2004, 06:46 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Big Game vs NYI

Tonight's game is huge... the ol' 4 point game, and since they have 2 games in hand it makes it even bigger. This is one of those leave it all on the ice games and I think CJ will have the boys ready... The Isles are hot right now and have been playing very well of late. 2 points would be great right before the All Star break, let's hope Steve Begin and some of his energy spills over to his teammates and the crowd!

Old
02-05-2004, 07:18 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Tonight's game is huge... the ol' 4 point game, and since they have 2 games in hand it makes it even bigger. This is one of those leave it all on the ice games and I think CJ will have the boys ready... The Isles are hot right now and have been playing very well of late. 2 points would be great right before the All Star break, let's hope Steve Begin and some of his energy spills over to his teammates and the crowd!
I'm very worried about tonight's game. Les Boys will need to play better than they have all year to walk away with this one. Tonight is when we will find out who the real men on our team are... Being so close to the break, I think quite a few players on the team may forget to show up.

Tonight should be a good night for hockey fans. Both this game and the Ontario grudge match should be fun to watch.

Old
02-05-2004, 07:27 AM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
I'm very worried about tonight's game. Les Boys will need to play better than they have all year to walk away with this one. Tonight is when we will find out who the real men on our team are... Being so close to the break, I think quite a few players on the team may forget to show up.

Tonight should be a good night for hockey fans. Both this game and the Ontario grudge match should be fun to watch.
IMO tonite's game would be the game to play all out if I was a Hab

the coaching staff and management will be doing alot of thinking over the break about who to keep, who to send down and who to trade and what holes to fill in

and they'll have lots of time to think about it

I'd want to give them something good to think about

Old
02-05-2004, 08:45 AM
BLONG7

This is where a coach like CJ has to have these guys ready... something MT could never do, back in his day we would get outshot 15-3 in the first period and the game was over. CJ will not let that happen!

Old
02-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Funny enough, when thinking about this game, the first thing to go through my mind was, "I hope Steve Begin brings his A-game tonight." He may never get any real minutes on a line higher than the fourth, but the fact that we're all counting on him tonight shows what kind of an impact he's made on Hab fans in such a short time. I think we're really going to see his value come playoff time.

Old
02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
jcpenny

since when bégin doesnt bring his A-game?

Old
02-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Darz

I think Julien will have the boys ready for tonite. I think we'll come out of the gate hard and nab us the lead early. I have all the faith we will win tonite!!!!

Old
02-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I think Julien will have the boys ready for tonite. I think we'll come out of the gate hard and nab us the lead early. I have all the faith we will win tonite!!!!
There's no reason the Habs shouldn't win tonight. They've had a night off, they're at home, Theo's in net after a rest, and the line up is healthy. I think it will be a nasty, hard-hitting, tight game, but I think we'll come out on top. Should be a good one.

Habs 3-2

Old
02-05-2004, 10:19 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
I'm expecting a good game with these teams so close in the standings.

It's been several games since the isles gave a solid 60 min effort.Theodore always gives them fits,so I expect to see isles planting themselves in front of the net,looking for deflections and rebounds.

Old
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Gros Bill

Excellent thread, guys, keep it up !

Tonight's game is huge... the ol' 4 point game - Blong 7

I think Julien will have the boys ready for tonite - Darz

I think it will be a nasty, hard-hitting, tight game, but I think we'll come out on top. Should be a good one. - Guy Caballero

I'm expecting a good game with these teams so close in the standings. - CREW99AW

Look honey, all the guys think this is gonna be a real good game, and it's really, really important. I bet even you will like it. Honey ? Darling ? What do you mean, "there's KD in the fridge" ? Where are you going ? Why are you taking your suitcase ?

Old
02-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
This is a game we simply cant allow us to lose, we have to give an extra effort during the whole game. I feel a rivalry will start tonight, also dont forget 2 rookies will battle each other tonight, Ryder vs Hunter!!

lets the battle begin!

Old
02-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Look honey, all the guys think this is gonna be a real good game, and it's really, really important. I bet even you will like it. Honey ? Darling ? What do you mean, "there's KD in the fridge" ? Where are you going ? Why are you taking your suitcase ?

Ah Bill, see what happens when you don't believe in the Sacred Pretzel....

I don't see anybody elses wife walking out on them in this game thread, do you??

Old
02-05-2004, 02:37 PM
habfan4

Gros Bill: As long as there is beer in the fridge with the KD - you're still gold!

Old
02-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Ah Bill, see what happens when you don't believe in the Sacred Pretzel....

I don't see anybody elses wife walking out on them in this game thread, do you??
my g/f is not a hockey fan (we've been together a long time, but we don't like the idea of multi year contracts). When I mentionned that we had a good draft this year, she got up to go shut the window.

Actually, that's not true. We speak french at home, so I talked about "le repêchage". That's when she told me she doesn't like fishing.

As for the pretzel, where is it now ? Mr McPhee has been very quiet lately about the presumed magic pretzel. I maintain that our season turned around on a cold day in Edmonton, not through the fortuitous find of a junk food item.

Old
02-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Gros Bill: As long as there is beer in the fridge with the KD - you're still gold!
Never keep beer in the fridge - too easy for someone else to find.

Old
02-05-2004, 02:48 PM
rulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
since when bégin doesnt bring his A-game?
You took the words right out of my mouth. Bégin's always out there, giving a huge first effort, and an even bigger second effort.

This game is going to be great. The two points up for grabs are two very important points for each team. CJ is going to make sure the guys understand this.
The Isles are a gritty team, and we can be a gritty team, too. Théo has always been great against the Isles, coincidental or not, and I'm looking forward to the Ryder/Hunter matchup.

Uhhh, 4-2 Habs.

Old
02-05-2004, 03:43 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Keep a few there to offer up to unexpected guests, but keep the real stash somewhere else for missing critical events, like tonight's tilt against those darn never-say-die Islanders. They need someone to teach them a lesson, that they are just an ordinary team without Parrish and Yashin...okay Habs, go do it!!

Should be a great one!!

Old
02-05-2004, 03:51 PM
habfan4

Quote:
That's why God made pad locks and cattle prods - to keep undesirables from absconding with our beer.

Old
02-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Firthbird
#Drivefor25

Hopefully the Boys can Win Tonight... We need this win

Old
02-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Hopefully the Boys can Win Tonight... We need this win

Theodore will have to be stronger than sunday. if its a win though, it will give us a third win in february and 64 pts. last season we had only 3 wins in all of february and 62pts at the end of february.

Old
02-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
Theodore will have to be stronger than sunday. if its a win though, it will give us a third win in february and 64 pts. last season we had only 3 wins in all of february and 62pts at the end of february.
hum that's some interesting numbers , we have to keep that in mind ...

Old
02-05-2004, 05:30 PM
GhostOfTheForum

Send a message via MSN to GhostOfTheForum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
hum that's some interesting numbers , we have to keep that in mind ...
I'm writing it down

Old
02-05-2004, 05:46 PM
The Power Forward

4 points game tonight.I think that we are going to see some intensity from both side.Should be a very interesting game.

Too bad that the Leafs - Sens game is at the same time though , this is also a game that promise to be great.

Closed Thread