HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Our Power Play sucks

Old
03-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Hemlawk86

vCash: 500
Our Power Play sucks

I want to pull my hair out when watching our PP. Why do we never have someone in front of the crease? 1 guy behind the net and the other 4 spread out is not conducive to scoring. We need someone jammed up in the middle to get rebounds and screen the goalie.
I want to punch Renney in the face...

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:02 PM
devilsfan30

yeah, true. avery and drury should be in front of the net on the PP

devilsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
MrAlfie

what I also noticed is that other teams have almost no problem getting in the offensive zone during a pp when they play us. The Rangers however get barely in, and if they do they have a hard time setting up, they are always fighting along the boards to keep the puck in.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Our Powerplay Sucks

^^^^^^

There is nothing left to say in this thread. That says it all.

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It's been discussed and discussed and you know what? I'm sure Renney & Co. discuss and discuss. Well either the players don't want to listen or the strategy sucks and after 78 games of complaining, it still sucks.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Get Jagr off already, give Prucha & Dawes.. even Callahan a chance, what have we got to lose at this point?!

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:17 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I seriously think that Jagr & Rozsival should never play on the same line ever again. They pass off shots to each other way too often.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:20 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I seriously think that Jagr & Rozsival should never play on the same line ever again. They pass off shots to each other way too often.
It's been like this throughout the whole season. I really don't understand why Renney insists on keeping them together on the Power Play unit. It's bad enough as it is. We don't need these two playing catch with the puck for their whole shift...

How many times must we see Rozsi pass on an open shooting lane only to pass the puck to Jagr.

Another thing that was really annoying today was all the cross ice passes when there were 3 Pens' right in the passing lane. Don't they ever learn from their turnovers...

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Old news.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
2Leetch_94

I'm seriously tired of Rozsival forcing the puck to Jagr every single time, even if Jagr is across the ice and Rozsival has a clear shot....PASS IT!

It's so annoying.

But yeah, our PP sucks and it has all season.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:20 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
I'm seriously tired of Rozsival forcing the puck to Jagr every single time, even if Jagr is across the ice and Rozsival has a clear shot....PASS IT!

It's so annoying.

But yeah, our PP sucks and it has all season.
jagr was on the bench at one point and rozy treid to get him the puck on the pp.. true story.. jk

thats beyond unexokainable.. renney has'nt held anyone on the pp units accountable for the lack of scoring, crashing the net or shooting of the puck.. yet he talks a big game to the media of how it has to get better we'll after 75 games it has'nt gotten better.. so do something..! put dawes out there, i can see him crashing the net, callahan aswell.. hell prucha was a good pp player before renney forgot about him .. renney needs to get over himself and do whats best for the team and stop forcing his failed projects to work..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:13 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I would love to see

Drury, Callahan, Prucha

Staal, Backman

and just tell them to fire away at the net. Dont get too pretty, dont try to set each other up. Just crisp pass and shoot, go for the rebound.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
I know I might get bashed for this but why not put Malik in front of the net. Heck it cant get worse, he has the size to screen the goalie, we just need our players to shoot the puck. Heck I notice other teams put there dman in front, Sens did it with Chara, Ducks do it with Pronger at times. I know Malik does not bring offense but if he can screen the goalie that can help.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:26 PM
NYR Viper

heres the pp that will work.....

dawes-drury-gomez

girardi-backman

both point-men can get the puck to the net and the forwards all have good shots and can tip the puck....the defenceman need to take wrist shots and shoot with their heads up looking for the pass to a streaking forward to the goal for the tip.....buffalo does it perfectly

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:56 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I know I might get bashed for this but why not put Malik in front of the net. Heck it cant get worse, he has the size to screen the goalie, we just need our players to shoot the puck. Heck I notice other teams put there dman in front, Sens did it with Chara, Ducks do it with Pronger at times. I know Malik does not bring offense but if he can screen the goalie that can help.
yeah he'll screen but there is'nt anyone that goes to the net to pick up rebounds..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 10:18 PM
D713B

From the Department of Redundancy Department...

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 08:46 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

They should set up the power play from behind the net

At leas ttheyll be deep in the zone and it will force more Rangers (and opposition players to follow) to go in front.

Either way if they decide to dump it in there should be 2 players on the puck, yesterday on 5 different occasions one man lead the rush and shot it, shot it wide or dumped it in with no Rangers going in to recover.

Too many forced plays. Man is this **** frustrating.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 12:36 PM
OldBlueSeats

this teams problem in my eyes is everything is from the outside and they NEVER NEVER NEVER drive to the net or get traffic in front. When they do they pass up shots. Jagr, Shanny,Straka,Rosival Pass,pass,pass..... not only the PP but even strength and this will kill them. they never drive to the net or use the point shot end of story. I think all 4 will be replaced next season, maybe not Rosival but I wouldnt give him money that an offensive D man commands because he refuses to play like one. frustrating..

OldBlueSeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk86 View Post
I want to punch Renney in the face...
Yeah I can see why you blame Renney for the power play. It's Renney that skates on the perimeter and passes it back and forth at the point while NO ONE goes to the net to create a screen. Yeah, Renney deserves a smack in the head for that!

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
Yeah I can see why you blame Renney for the power play. It's Renney that skates on the perimeter and passes it back and forth at the point while NO ONE goes to the net to create a screen. Yeah, Renney deserves a smack in the head for that!
yeah i guess renney isn't the one responsible for disciplining the players for not listening maybe that's dolan's job

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
segmentation fault

Do they even practice the PP because with each game I see the same crap over and over again. They dont improve.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergnemi View Post
yeah i guess renney isn't the one responsible for disciplining the players for not listening maybe that's dolan's job
It makes a lot of sense to call out a coach after he has repeatedly told the players he wants more shots on goal. If you watched the game yesterday that troll who sits between the benches Pierre McGwire said with 5 minutes left that the Rangers coaches were yelling at the players from the bench to put more pucks on net and it was working because the players started to shoot from all angles when it became crunch time in the third period.

With a guy like M.A. Fleury in goal why wouldn't the Rangers shoot from all angles the entire game??? The guy gives up atrocious rebounds and the Rangers just don't want to shoot! They always try to make the perfect play happen especially on the power play! I can't stand it anymore and I completely fault the players for this. The Captain and his alternates are the biggest culprits on the club. I'll bet almost anything this team will have a better PP % for the year when guys like Jagr, Shanny, Straka and Rozsival are all gone!

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
sickboy35

well imight be in minority on this but i would sit jagr until he actually plays a full game without his obligated penalty he takes from being lazy. then i would put drury at the point with mara or rozi, put dawes and callahan with gomez for a center, and don't tell me they are too small because they do a hell of alot more than other wingers this team carries, 2nd unit would avery, shanny and straka (prucha if he is playing) which means you put straka at the point with rozi or mara, then you have two pp units that offer more than i guy who stays at the right corner boards trying to make impossible passes when he could just take the freakin shot! time to sit him and show that you are not playing renny!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
It makes a lot of sense to call out a coach after he has repeatedly told the players he wants more shots on goal. If you watched the game yesterday that troll who sits between the benches Pierre McGwire said with 5 minutes left that the Rangers coaches were yelling at the players from the bench to put more pucks on net and it was working because the players started to shoot from all angles when it became crunch time in the third period.

With a guy like M.A. Fleury in goal why wouldn't the Rangers shoot from all angles the entire game??? The guy gives up atrocious rebounds and the Rangers just don't want to shoot! They always try to make the perfect play happen especially on the power play! I can't stand it anymore and I completely fault the players for this. The Captain and his alternates are the biggest culprits on the club. I'll bet almost anything this team will have a better PP % for the year when guys like Jagr, Shanny, Straka and Rozsival are all gone!

haha perfect word to describe pierre mcguire, i can't stand him you're trying to watch the game and he always butts in and i yell at the screen shut up frenchie! the fact that mike milbury is allowed to have his own segment and give his thoughts and opinions is all you need to know about nbc. this guy is arguably the worst gm in nhl history you could have an all star team with the people/picks he gave away for garbage.

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
levski87

Our PP only works when there is movement. Once we set up its these stupid little passes that dont do anything. It worked tonight cause Jagr drove to the net, the PK had to adjust, and the puck bounced out for a great shot by Drury. Look back a few days ago, Backman moved up to take the PP shot. Also gomez passed to shanny in the front after a scrum behind the net. Truth is to get a chance on the PP we need to keep moving and tire out the PK's.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote