HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The lack of....will cost us

Old
03-30-2008, 02:14 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
The lack of....will cost us

The lack of getting the shot to the net from the point. There was multiple times where our d-men had the puck and ENOUGH time to get it to the net, what did they do? They shot that puck on PURPOSE wide of the net. I'd understand that if we had a lead, or it was early in the game. But with 3-6 minutes remaining in the 3rd period, doesn't matter what happens you shoot that puck at the net and not try to get a bounce off the boards like Tyutin did many times, like Mara did many times.

Backman still stands out to me, and not really in a good way. Malik is not much better either. We should've taken a run at a Liles, Cambell or someone like them. Sure he may have been a Rental, but if there's any team a player would even consider signing with as a rental the Rangers probably have the better shot especially after that player gets introduced to the new york atmosphere and treatment. Backman seems to soft, sure he may take the body, but on the D side of things he gets knocked off the puck w/ ease or usualy coughs it up when under pressure. Only reason I'd keep him in before Malik is probably his Offensive game, he seems to pinch in and find an opening when the other team least expects it.

Also, when Betts is back and we're all healthy Prucha needs to be in. I want to see

Sjostrom-Betts-Prucha

2 out of the 3 problems can be fixed, the third was a descision by management, that indicated we really don't need any help on our backside.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:15 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
_desperation_

Old
03-30-2008, 02:15 PM
devilsfan30

unfortunately, i think prucha will sit when betts gets back

devilsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:19 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I would like to see the PBS line. Sjostrom-Hollweg-Prucha were great today in their limited ice time. Drew a penalty and had quite a few good chances. It is a very quick line with the speed all three have. I hope they stay together for tomorrow.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Balej20*

The lack of caring, trying, physicality, guts, will to win, etc. etc. etc.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Outside of Drury, this team lacks a killer instinct, period.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
The lack of caring, trying, physicality, guts, will to win, etc. etc. etc.
There you go again, this time in another thread....and this time implicating the whole team of not caring...because of one game...because you certainly cant throw those accusations around with what happened in the Devil game, which was 3 days ago.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
There you go again, this time in another thread....and this time implicating the whole team of not caring...because of one game...because you certainly cant throw those accusations around with what happened in the Devil game, which was 3 days ago.
Who are you?

Old
03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The Rangers need to charge the net like Avery charges hookers on his credit card.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
dank

i agree with the killer instinct and desperation

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:12 PM
levski87

We need the crowd in MSG to run out Jagr like they do with Malik.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:18 PM
mstraka82

shoot the darn puck, and HIT people when behind the net

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
shoot the darn puck, and HIT people when behind the net
And when you shoot the puck HIT THE NET. I can't even remember how many times in this game alone they missed nets by about 20 feet.

Old
03-30-2008, 03:26 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Were you watching the same game as the rest of us today? How many cross ice passes through 3 Pens' before they realize not to pass when there is absolutely 0% chance of getting the pass through.

How about that outstanding PP that consists of setting up in our zone for :45, playing catch for 1:10 and attempting shots for :05.

There were players out there that were trying, but as a whole the team looked lost.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:26 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
And when you shoot the puck HIT THE NET. I can't even remember how many times in this game alone they missed nets by about 20 feet.
rozsival should read for petesake he dont shoot

Old
03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Toots is the least accurate shooter I have ever seen.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Toots is the least accurate shooter I have ever seen.
Again, they do it on PRUPOSE. When they see some pressure towards them on the point they shoot the puck wide on purpose for a bounce towards the net. It's stupid IMO.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Again, they do it on PRUPOSE. When they see some pressure towards them on the point they shoot the puck wide on purpose for a bounce towards the net. It's stupid IMO.
So when Jagr actually gets his 2 shots off a game and misses by 14 feet high and wide, is that done on purpose too?

I know what you mean by the point shots purposely being shot wide...but there are countless scoring opportunities that go by the way side due to missed shots.

Old
03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
The lack of getting the shot to the net from the point. There was multiple times where our d-men had the puck and ENOUGH time to get it to the net, what did they do? They shot that puck on PURPOSE wide of the net. I'd understand that if we had a lead, or it was early in the game. But with 3-6 minutes remaining in the 3rd period, doesn't matter what happens you shoot that puck at the net and not try to get a bounce off the boards like Tyutin did many times, like Mara did many times.

Backman still stands out to me, and not really in a good way. Malik is not much better either. We should've taken a run at a Liles, Cambell or someone like them. Sure he may have been a Rental, but if there's any team a player would even consider signing with as a rental the Rangers probably have the better shot especially after that player gets introduced to the new york atmosphere and treatment. Backman seems to soft, sure he may take the body, but on the D side of things he gets knocked off the puck w/ ease or usualy coughs it up when under pressure. Only reason I'd keep him in before Malik is probably his Offensive game, he seems to pinch in and find an opening when the other team least expects it.

Also, when Betts is back and we're all healthy Prucha needs to be in. I want to see

Sjostrom-Betts-Prucha

2 out of the 3 problems can be fixed, the third was a descision by management, that indicated we really don't need any help on our backside.
Exactly... every serious contender has a no. 1 d-man (or 3, in Anaheim's case), and it will make the difference for our forwards. We've scored as a product of hard work for three years now, and it doesn't work anymore. Deking doesn't work in 2008 unless your Pavel Datsyuk. We need to get long, hard shots to the net, and wingers with speed and intensity that go through the defense, not around it. Defenseman and goalies are too good now and everyone can learn from Ovechkin, and old tapes of Cam Neely. How many perimeter players would you call top 50 NHLers nowadays?

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:23 PM
shon

Girardi is one of the only d that can get a shot through to the net. Jagr won't pass it to the points to save his soul , except the odd time to Staal .watch next time.
Pittsburg never watched to points much today.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Hemlawk86

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan30 View Post
unfortunately, i think prucha will sit when betts gets back
I like Betts alot, I think Prucha should stay and Betts replace someone else... Put Betts back to 3rd line, bump Shanny to 1st line and bench Jagr. Sorry, Jarg has mad skills but he's not using them since he hurt his shoulder 2 years ago.

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 05:32 PM
levski87

Trade Jagr for Chere.

Old
03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Trade Jagr for Chere.
not funny Jags hater

Old
03-30-2008, 05:56 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
not funny Jags hater
LOL. It is funny because the guy is a bum. I hope the GM brought over Chere. Go get that cup of coffee and take jagr back with you to Siberia.. spare us !

Old
03-30-2008, 05:59 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
LOL. It is funny because the guy is a bum. I hope the GM brought over Chere. Go get that cup of coffee and take jagr back with you to Siberia.. spare us !
i would take Jagr back with me, cause he is amazing may have not been dominant but what are you gonna do?, wow reminds me because A-Rod was doing bad two years ago we should have shipped him back to texas huh?, he is great and there is no other player i would rather have than him.