HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Traveling to Boston thread I

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM
  #501
MD Bruins Fan
Registered User
 
MD Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patfan1987 View Post
I am planning on going to the fours to eat and watch the B's game on saturday night. What is a good time to get there for a game at 8, and ill be able to bring someone who is 20 right? they wont have trouble getting in?
I've seen families with young kids eating in there at the bar upstairs. I don't think it's a problem at all. It's a restaurant.

MD Bruins Fan is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
  #502
TheShoe82
No Diving!
 
TheShoe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norwood, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Since Game 2 will be starting late (8PM) I'm wondering how much a cab will cost from TD Banknorth Garden to our hotel in Woburn?

Google maps shows it's only 10 Miles and pretty much All Highway. I can't imagine there will be to much traffic at that time of night.
If you are lucky you can catch the last commuter rail train to Anderson station, then take a cab from there.

If you take any cab from Boston > Woburn, youre looking at close to $50, easy.

TheShoe82 is offline  
Old
04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
  #503
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
You can pay $40-$50+ for a cab or you can pay $4.75 to take the commuter rail directly from the Garden to Woburn.


For the Canadiens fans, listen to this helpful guide to Boston:
http://www.petesbits.com/music/cb853...f8419ae2e0.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Anywhere around the TDBNG would be ok. Sports Depot in Allston. Those are the ones that jump out the most. I'm sure some places in Fanueil Hall will have it on with decent crowds, depending on the night.



Cab from the TDBNG to Woburn (depending on the hotel) will be about $30-$40 tops I'd imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoe82 View Post
If you are lucky you can catch the last commuter rail train to Anderson station, then take a cab from there.

If you take any cab from Boston > Woburn, youre looking at close to $50, easy.
Thanks guys. I'm just afraid we may miss the Last Train with the Late Start on Saturday.

Neely2005 is offline  
Old
04-14-2009, 01:21 AM
  #504
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin
 
dafoomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 14,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Thanks guys. I'm just afraid we may miss the Last Train with the Late Start on Saturday.
Last train is at 11:30 I believe, I'm taking it myself. Plenty of time for the game, not so much to stick around and drink afterwards.

dafoomie is online now  
Old
04-14-2009, 03:04 AM
  #505
Joseph LaMonica
Registered User
 
Joseph LaMonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lynnfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Joseph LaMonica
Quote:
Originally Posted by greech View Post
Hey guys, I need some help with a restaurant outside my neck of the woods. I'm looking for a nicer italian place north of boston. A friend is coming to MA for the weekend and she's staying in Melrose, and she can't venture too far as time is short. Thanks for the help.
My favorite place is Venetian Moon in Reading. It's close to Melrose and it has a very very cool martini bar.

Your best bet would be Ristorante Molise in Wakefield. It's even closer and it's, IMO, the best Italian food on the Northshore.

As for the other poster's suggestions, I've heard very good things about Luigis, but it'd be a little bit of a drive for you. My mom ate there yesterday for lunch as she works nearby. On rte. 1 also consider The North End Cafe, a nice casual place with really good food. Also Polcari's is pretty good and you can get Regina Pizza there. Don't go to Spinelli's, it's a bakery/takeout shop and a function hall. The foods pretty good but you can't sit down and eat it. You have to take it home and heat it up or even cook it. The people are all jerks too (used to work there a few years ago in high school).

Joseph LaMonica is offline  
Old
04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
  #506
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Last train is at 11:30 I believe, I'm taking it myself. Plenty of time for the game, not so much to stick around and drink afterwards.
Yeah it's @ 11:30... but if we go to O/T...

Neely2005 is offline  
Old
07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
  #507
KramerTCB
 
KramerTCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Negadelphia Land
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Flyers fan incoming... (be nice haha)

I am travelling from East Coast of Canada and was wondering that I read driving in boston is the absolute pits so where would be a good spot for parking and catching the "T" Train into the city. We would want a safe and preferbly a cheap place because we will be staying 4-5 days.

Is it really that bad to drive in?

KramerTCB is offline  
Old
07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
  #508
Scooter13z
Registered User
 
Scooter13z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sec. 324 Row 3
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scooter13z
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramerTCB View Post
Flyers fan incoming... (be nice haha)

I am travelling from East Coast of Canada and was wondering that I read driving in boston is the absolute pits so where would be a good spot for parking and catching the "T" Train into the city. We would want a safe and preferbly a cheap place because we will be staying 4-5 days.

Is it really that bad to drive in?
What price range are you looking at? Also, if you do want to stay in Boston proper, you don't really need to drive around much once you get there. The T will get you pretty much anywhere you need to go in the city without having to drive everywhere.

Scooter13z is offline  
Old
07-25-2009, 04:09 PM
  #509
Big Money Wides
Registered User
 
Big Money Wides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Big Money Wides
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramerTCB View Post
Flyers fan incoming... (be nice haha)

I am travelling from East Coast of Canada and was wondering that I read driving in boston is the absolute pits so where would be a good spot for parking and catching the "T" Train into the city. We would want a safe and preferbly a cheap place because we will be staying 4-5 days.

Is it really that bad to drive in?
Driving downtown is a pain in the ***, especially in this nice weather. People everywhere, no one (I'm guilty myself when walking) pays attention to crosswalks or pedestrian lights...it can be overwhelming if you aren't used to driving in it. Also, lots of one-way streets randomly ending, lots of construction...it's fun.

But as the guy above me said, the T is easy. If you want to stay outside of the city, places like Quincy and Braintree on the South Shore-ish area are connected to the Red Line, which would take you right into town in about 15 mins. I'm not sure how much hotels are going for right now, but you may be able to find one in town that has it's own garage where you can just store the car for a week.

If not, the T is easy to use and get used to, and it's not all that expensive either. It'll get you wherever you need to go.

Leave your Flyers gear at home too.

Big Money Wides is offline  
Old
07-25-2009, 05:02 PM
  #510
KramerTCB
 
KramerTCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Negadelphia Land
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter13z View Post
What price range are you looking at? Also, if you do want to stay in Boston proper, you don't really need to drive around much once you get there. The T will get you pretty much anywhere you need to go in the city without having to drive everywhere.
I work for a large hotel chain so I have options of staying anywheres downtown boston but don't want to pay large parking fee's per day was thinking about leaving my car outside of the city for a cheap per day fee and catching the train into the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr12487 View Post
Driving downtown is a pain in the ***, especially in this nice weather. People everywhere, no one (I'm guilty myself when walking) pays attention to crosswalks or pedestrian lights...it can be overwhelming if you aren't used to driving in it. Also, lots of one-way streets randomly ending, lots of construction...it's fun.

But as the guy above me said, the T is easy. If you want to stay outside of the city, places like Quincy and Braintree on the South Shore-ish area are connected to the Red Line, which would take you right into town in about 15 mins. I'm not sure how much hotels are going for right now, but you may be able to find one in town that has it's own garage where you can just store the car for a week.

If not, the T is easy to use and get used to, and it's not all that expensive either. It'll get you wherever you need to go.

Leave your Flyers gear at home too.
Once again I am lucky that I can stay in the heart of the city for $59 a night its just the parking issue for me now. I guess I should find one of our brands on the outskirts of the city with complimentry parking and take the train into town.

KramerTCB is offline  
Old
07-27-2009, 08:53 AM
  #511
Yabas
Registered User
 
Yabas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SSM ON
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Coming to Boston in October

would like some info on Bars, hotels, places to visit, game tickets and where the best seats are Thank you

Yabas is offline  
Old
07-27-2009, 08:59 AM
  #512
flannelman
merde!
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,677
vCash: 195
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=498404

chock full O goodies

flannelman is offline  
Old
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM
  #513
CareyPrice x 31
Registered User
 
CareyPrice x 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,877
vCash: 3907
I'll be in town November 5th/6th to watch the Habs in Boston.

Where's a good place to go for some drinks after the game on Thursday night?
thanks for any info!

CareyPrice x 31 is offline  
Old
12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
  #514
shakermaker
Registered User
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
***just bumping this thread as im sure I am not the only leaf fan (coming in peace!) who may be searching for places to go when they hit up Boston this Saturday.

Thread is very helpful, thanks guys.

shakermaker is offline  
Old
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
  #515
shakermaker
Registered User
 
shakermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
So i have been perusing the thread and cant seem to find much about nightlife/club scene.

Can anyone list a couple cool bars that play rock music? Not looking for dance clubs in particular but more of a place that does popular music for 20 somethings.


Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

shakermaker is offline  
Old
12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
  #516
flannelman
merde!
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,677
vCash: 195
going to the Convention and Exhibition Center (1/16)- where's the best place to part and easiet route getting there (from 93N)?

Muchos Gracias,

flannelman is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
  #517
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Coming to Boston need info

Hi guys:

I think i am going to take my daughter to Boston to see the B's and Calgary March 27 (her bday) Could use some help on where to get a deal on tickets (if possible) a good hotel to stay at near the garden, restuarants, should I rent a car, anything else you can add would be great

thanks everyone!

lopey is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
  #518
whatsbruin
Registered User
 
whatsbruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,558
vCash: 500
Just went myself.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Lechmere.
Good price, not so great location.
About 3 block walk to subway and then a
3 stop ride to garden. Subway is right under the garden.
There is a Hampton Inn right across the street from the subway, but
don't know the cost.

Someone recommended the Onyx.
I tried there, but it was booked.
You should be able to get a room for 3/27.
http://www.onyxhotel.com

If you are driving in, keep in mind the availability and cost of parking when determining a hotel.

We just walked around the North End of Boston, about 10 - 15 min walk from
the Garden and found a restaurant to eat at. Someone recommended "The Fours",
but that gets crowded from what I hear.

We went when outside temps were low 20's, but it seemed colder than that.
We sat up high, and the garden was quite cool too, most people wore their coats.

whatsbruin is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
  #519
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
Hi guys:

I think i am going to take my daughter to Boston to see the B's and Calgary March 27 (her bday) Could use some help on where to get a deal on tickets (if possible) a good hotel to stay at near the garden, restuarants, should I rent a car, anything else you can add would be great

thanks everyone!
try ticketliquidator.com, decent prices, stubhub.com should too that far out. As for hotels, The Marriott Cambridge is right next to Kendall on the red line, go 2 stops then green line to north station, no need to rent a car. Late March it might actually be decent here. As for restaurants, i am partial to the sports grille, located on Canal st. great for all ages. North end is always good. Fanuiel hall is a bit pricey and to be honest a really big tourist trap. Also, check out Boston.com for any other events going on in the area to get a taste of Boston depending on your time frame for visiting.

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
  #520
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat4434 View Post
try ticketliquidator.com, decent prices, stubhub.com should too that far out. As for hotels, The Marriott Cambridge is right next to Kendall on the red line, go 2 stops then green line to north station, no need to rent a car. Late March it might actually be decent here. As for restaurants, i am partial to the sports grille, located on Canal st. great for all ages. North end is always good. Fanuiel hall is a bit pricey and to be honest a really big tourist trap. Also, check out Boston.com for any other events going on in the area to get a taste of Boston depending on your time frame for visiting.
Thanks allycat!!

lopey is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM
  #521
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 14,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomov76 View Post
And then drink at Sully's.
Do it during non hockey/basketball/concert dates.

BNHL is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
  #522
lopey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canad
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
Just went myself.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Lechmere.
Good price, not so great location.
About 3 block walk to subway and then a
3 stop ride to garden. Subway is right under the garden.
There is a Hampton Inn right across the street from the subway, but
don't know the cost.

Someone recommended the Onyx.
I tried there, but it was booked.
You should be able to get a room for 3/27.
http://www.onyxhotel.com

If you are driving in, keep in mind the availability and cost of parking when determining a hotel.

We just walked around the North End of Boston, about 10 - 15 min walk from
the Garden and found a restaurant to eat at. Someone recommended "The Fours",
but that gets crowded from what I hear.

We went when outside temps were low 20's, but it seemed colder than that.
We sat up high, and the garden was quite cool too, most people wore their coats.
Thanks

lopey is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
  #523
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 14,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
going to the Convention and Exhibition Center (1/16)- where's the best place to part and easiet route getting there (from 93N)?

Muchos Gracias,
http://www.mccahome.com/bcec_dir.html

Park right at the BCEC but thre is some street parking if the event is not heavily attended.

BNHL is offline  
Old
04-25-2010, 01:35 PM
  #524
LetangInTheSO
Registered User
 
LetangInTheSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
OT: Coming to Boston

Hey Bruins fans,

So, I am going to be in New York between April 30 - May 9. I know there is still a lot of hockey to be played, but there is a chance that my Penguins will be playing your Bruins in the second round. If that should happen, and the timing works, I'm thinking I might try to make a day trip to Boston to catch a game (presumably game 3 or 4).

Do you guys have any general advice? Firstly, am I better off hopping a train or a bus from NY to Boston? I have a few friends in Boston, but I might just take a day to tour the city myself...what are the "must-sees" that I could pack into one day (before 7 oclock) in Boston? Yes - I'm aware that's an insanely tight schedule.

In terms of getting tickets, what's availability like? Is scalping legal in Boston? What options are available?

Thanks in advance. Don't wanna jinx you guys - I know there's a lot of hockey to play!

Go Bruins (until they meet the Pens)!

LetangInTheSO is offline  
Old
04-25-2010, 02:12 PM
  #525
LetangInTheSO
Registered User
 
LetangInTheSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
bump?

LetangInTheSO is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.