View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

vCash: 500
If you're looking for a good spot to eat before the game, the Sports Grille is good. It's on Canal Street, less than a 5 minute (maybe 3 minute if I ever time it) walk to the Garden.

On Bruins game-days, it doesn't start to get packed until after 6. You can get in and out fairly quickly before then, if you're intentions are seeing warm-ups.

They have over 100 TVs (even TVs at tables!) and fulfill requests if you're looking for another NHL game, if you go there post-game. Some nights there are Sabres fans in there watching their team.

Just a suggestion of course.

And if you do go, tell them Jaci sent ya.

Unless I'm there (as usual), then just find me and say hi.

Old
03-20-2007, 09:05 AM
bruinmann77

Maybe we should all meet either before or after the game
will be there fri thru sun

Old
03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
BackBringCam

We'll be driving'er at Hooters Saturday after the game just down the street

Old
03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
If you're looking for a good spot to eat before the game, the Sports Grille is good. It's on Canal Street, less than a 5 minute (maybe 3 minute if I ever time it) walk to the Garden.

On Bruins game-days, it doesn't start to get packed until after 6. You can get in and out fairly quickly before then, if you're intentions are seeing warm-ups.

They have over 100 TVs (even TVs at tables!) and fulfill requests if you're looking for another NHL game, if you go there post-game. Some nights there are Sabres fans in there watching their team.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the tip!

Old
03-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Boston Trip

I know this belongs in the "Travelling to Boston" sticky but I think it won't get read there. Feel free to move it there after a while.

A group of 4 hockey nuts (3 Boston, 1 Habs) finally decided to buy tickets and go to a game live. It was awesome. The two had glass seats by the Bruins blue line and we were 4 rows behind them. Excellent seats. I have alot of great pics. 2 in particular are must see's. I will post them later.

The Hab guy had a foot long goatee so he couldn't be missed. Even the photographer taking pictures of the anthem singers stoped to take a picture of him. Chara ended up checking a Hab and knocking his beer all over him. And after the game when we were going for a beer Kessel almost hit him on the streets with his truck. Lol

The guys got in trouble for smaking the glass. They were just being super fans and it reminded me ofgrade school again. Security really take the life out of the building. I am not sure what is wrong with that place.

I bought the Bruins program and had the autographed Savard poster inside. I won 4 ticket to a Globe Trotters game which I will not be around for. My girlfriend wanted one of those green Bruin hats so I traded a kid the tickets and Savard program for it.

The game itself was great, we got robbed by the refs. Kessel did not deserve the penalty...Souray did for holding Kessels stick. Montreal scored on that PP and the rest was history.

One of the things I will always remember on this trip was how nice the people of Boston are. Everybody was extremely nice. We all noticed it. People would see us struggling to find our way on the subway and would step up to the plate. Lots of people gave us pointers on what to do and where to go. We felt extremely safe at all times even the guy in the Habs jersey did which kind of surprised me. But then again if you saw him you might be a lil intimidating.

Very beautiful city in Boston. We ate at the "Oster House" for lunch and then did the Freedom Trail. What a great idea that is. We ended up on the North end and I wanted to puke so I could eat again. Italian restaurants averwhere!!!! The streets are so cool looking. Narrow and bricked. Very rich in history. Was in Pauls Rivere's house, saw his grave and others as well Samual Adams and his slave named "Frank".
Old churches and old buildings, Cheers, beautiful park. Boston has it all.

Also went on the USS Consitution and that Destroyer there as well. Always wanted to go on a detroyer. Very cool. Very cramped in there....yikes! I couldn't do it.

So my vacation continues to West Palm Beach Florida where I am now. It is in the 80's and a lil breezy. Looking to go to the beach soon. Maybe fish off the peir. I just wanted to let you guys in Boston know that you have a kick ass city and you should be very proud. The area is beautiful and the people are extremely nice. 10 out of 10 in my books! We all will be back.

Cheers!

ps...what would be the best way to get my pics shown on here. I have 2 that you guys got to see.

Old
03-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
I know this belongs in the "Travelling to Boston" sticky but I think it won't get read there. Feel free to move it there after a while.

A group of 4 hockey nuts (3 Boston, 1 Habs) finally decided to buy tickets and go to a game live. It was awesome. The two had glass seats by the Bruins blue line and we were 4 rows behind them. Excellent seats. I have alot of great pics. 2 in particular are must see's. I will post them later.

The Hab guy had a foot long goatee so he couldn't be missed. Even the photographer taking pictures of the anthem singers stoped to take a picture of him. Chara ended up checking a Hab and knocking his beer all over him. And after the game when we were going for a beer Kessel almost hit him on the streets with his truck. Lol

The guys got in trouble for smaking the glass. They were just being super fans and it reminded me ofgrade school again. Security really take the life out of the building. I am not sure what is wrong with that place.

I bought the Bruins program and had the autographed Savard poster inside. I won 4 ticket to a Globe Trotters game which I will not be around for. My girlfriend wanted one of those green Bruin hats so I traded a kid the tickets and Savard program for it.

The game itself was great, we got robbed by the refs. Kessel did not deserve the penalty...Souray did for holding Kessels stick. Montreal scored on that PP and the rest was history.

One of the things I will always remember on this trip was how nice the people of Boston are. Everybody was extremely nice. We all noticed it. People would see us struggling to find our way on the subway and would step up to the plate. Lots of people gave us pointers on what to do and where to go. We felt extremely safe at all times even the guy in the Habs jersey did which kind of surprised me. But then again if you saw him you might be a lil intimidating.

Very beautiful city in Boston. We ate at the "Oster House" for lunch and then did the Freedom Trail. What a great idea that is. We ended up on the North end and I wanted to puke so I could eat again. Italian restaurants averwhere!!!! The streets are so cool looking. Narrow and bricked. Very rich in history. Was in Pauls Rivere's house, saw his grave and others as well Samual Adams and his slave named "Frank".
Old churches and old buildings, Cheers, beautiful park. Boston has it all.

Also went on the USS Consitution and that Destroyer there as well. Always wanted to go on a detroyer. Very cool. Very cramped in there....yikes! I couldn't do it.

So my vacation continues to West Palm Beach Florida where I am now. It is in the 80's and a lil breezy. Looking to go to the beach soon. Maybe fish off the peir. I just wanted to let you guys in Boston know that you have a kick ass city and you should be very proud. The area is beautiful and the people are extremely nice. 10 out of 10 in my books! We all will be back.

Cheers!

ps...what would be the best way to get my pics shown on here. I have 2 that you guys got to see.
I use photobucket, then you can just link to em. Easy to use and all.

Old
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Thanks for the Sports Grill tip by the way..nothing like 9 bucks for a pitcher of Molson Canadian

Old
03-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

vCash: 50
he ripped u off

Old
03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

New Customer. I have family in boston but have not been since 2003.

As a musician, I am visiting colleges to consider. I understand Berklee School of Music, New England Conservatory, and Boston Conservatory are all within a few blocks of each other, no? What's that area like?

Old
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDanceOfMaternity View Post
New Customer. I have family in boston but have not been since 2003.

As a musician, I am visiting colleges to consider. I understand Berklee School of Music, New England Conservatory, and Boston Conservatory are all within a few blocks of each other, no? What's that area like?
Here's a tip for you if you don't already know. Judging by your avatar, you are a Dream theater fan. John Petrucci will be playing along with Joe Satrian as part of his G3 2007 tour at the Orphium Theater in Boston on Fri. Mar. 6. I know because my wife and I will be attending along with the Ottawa game on Sat. Night. Anybody thinking of going to the sports grille or the Fours on Sat. Apr. 7. If so, Let's get together and chat. Also, do the Bruins practice on Fri. or Sat. before the game. If so, is it open to the public?

Old
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
Here's a tip for you if you don't already know. Judging by your avatar, you are a Dream theater fan. John Petrucci will be playing along with Joe Satrian as part of his G3 2007 tour at the Orphium Theater in Boston on Fri. Mar. 6. ?
I'll have to consider that.

Although I already saw it in Berkeley California on March 17

Old
03-27-2007, 06:06 AM
hs86183

Hi!
I am the next 2 weeks in Boston (area). I will watch the home games of the Bruins against Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Ottawa.
I want to go to the practice of the Bruins, because I really would like to get an autograph of Sturm on my Bruins jersey. That would be great!

So, I have some questions:

Where have the Bruins their normal practice and is it public?
Do you have practice schedule?
Is the pre-game practice public and when is it normally?

THANKS!

Best regards,
Hendrik

Old
03-27-2007, 06:13 PM
ThisInsecureMoron

Leaving in 12 hours.

See you there.. or something Beantown here I come!

CHEEEEERS!

Old
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
I'll be there this weekend as well! We're staying at the Bulfinch, near the garden and going to the Bruins/Thrashers game. If you see a short (and loud LOL) woman in a #2 XLB blue jersey, come say hi.

Are they doing Fenway tours? I've heard that's a must for baseball fans (which I am). Guess I could check the Sox website, but I just figured I'd ask.

Old
04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
ThisInsecureMoron

I got back today.

What a city. Just loved it. I did all those stuff you should do as a tourist... freedom trail, U.S.S constitution, Oyster House, and I also went to the Harvard Campus (wow).

I'll definitely be going back there some day. Man did I shop a lot ... who said shopping is womens' doing only

And I also got me a PS3! Something around 630$ including tax (5%) ... compare that to 839$-900$ here in Sweden and I saved a good chunk of money... which I then spent on clothes and other stuff

Cheers and thanks for all your guidelines... next time I won't be a rookie-tourist..

Old
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
massilem

vCash:
Can anyone suggest a good place to watch the game in Boston? My friend and I are going out on Thursday night, and obviously want to watch the game. She's at Emerson, I'm at BC, so somewhere in between. We are both 21+, so establishments with alcohol are a-okay!

Old
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Thanks for the Sports Grill tip by the way..nothing like 9 bucks for a pitcher of Molson Canadian
Not a problem. Hope you liked it.

Old
04-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Kevin Feterik

OT: Awesome Restaurants in Boston

Not sure if it belongs here, but I am heading out to Boston with the girlfriend tomorrow, and am wondering if anyone can recommend some of the better restaurants to check out?

We're staying close to downtown Boston, so anything around Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, Boston Common, etc. is fine for us.

We both love seafood, so hopefully you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Old
04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

If you want to try something really unique, you can try The Wine Cellar on Mass Ave.

http://www.bostoncellar.com/

I thought Fondue was just cheese and dessert, but you can have different beef and chicken meals that are very interesting. I would only try this if you like to try something really different.

Pretty romantic setting too.

Try the "Indulgence for two" since it is the best value - It's pricey, but you'll be stuffed by the end of the meal.

Old
04-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Freedomov76

Anthony's

Old
04-10-2007, 01:52 PM
GloveSave1
OG TT

Fire and Ice near the Pru. Across from Last Resort. They have great seafood.

http://www.fire-ice.com/locations/boston.html

Old
04-10-2007, 01:52 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

If you like Italian food, I don't think you can go wrong anywhere in the North End. Of course, as you are on the Bruins message board, you could always check out Ray Bourque's place. I'm not sure of the name of the place, but I'll bet somebody here knows!

Old
04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Ratty

I believe there is a sticky on travels to Boston. But, to answer your question, for seafood you can't go wrong with Legal Seafood. There's one on the waterfront near the Aquarium, just past Quincy Market.

Old
04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Kevin Feterik

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post

Is this close to Fenway?

And do you think it would be possible to catch the Flames/Detroit game there???

Old
05-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
I don't really want to go through six pages, so I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

What's a decent hotel (see: not disgusting) that's not too far out of the city? Something affordable, please?

I'm going to Fenway next month, and need a place to stay.

Closed Thread