HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Rumour BURKE HAS BEEN TRADED

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2004, 11:57 PM
ParisSaintGermain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
But in doing so he traded Woywitka, a 1st and a 3rd for Burke if Comrie is the deal. Thats should get him fired (we say this every year) if it doesnt mean the Cup.

Flyer fans and Hitch were completely comfortable with Esche in goal for the playoffs. I know Pho fans wont believe that because by all accounts he didnt do too well there but he has been great all year for Philly.
I understand why the Flyers are confident with Esche. He is a good goalie and he should be able to have a great career. The problem isn't Esche. The problem is Hackett. If no one in the team is confident that his injury is fully recovered, this leaves a big question mark on him. Come play offs time, you don't use a goalie you are not confident with. Even as a back up.
Antero? This is just asking too much to Lord Stanley. To throw two young and inexperienced goalies in the playoffs, it is just too risky and it just mean that you don't give yourself everychance for a go at the cup.
So if Clarke gave up on Hackett, he has to bring someone in. Burke is the ideal solution for the team (if not for the flyers fans). When all the Coyotes fans say that he is worth the trade, it was not for winding Flyers fans up. Sean Burke just got enough petrol in his tank to be focused, fit and prepared to make something happen.

Old
02-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
I understand why the Flyers are confident with Esche. He is a good goalie and he should be able to have a great career. The problem isn't Esche. The problem is Hackett. If no one in the team is confident that his injury is fully recovered, this leaves a big question mark on him. Come play offs time, you don't use a goalie you are not confident with. Even as a back up.
Antero? This is just asking too much to Lord Stanley. To throw two young and inexperienced goalies in the playoffs, it is just too risky and it just mean that you don't give yourself everychance for a go at the cup.
So if Clarke gave up on Hackett, he has to bring someone in. Burke is the ideal solution for the team (if not for the flyers fans). When all the Coyotes fans say that he is worth the trade, it was not for winding Flyers fans up. Sean Burke just got enough petrol in his tank to be focused, fit and prepared to make something happen.
I understand what youre saying, Id take any goalie in the league over Hackett who flat out sucks. How we feel about this all comes down to what goes the other way. If its comrie every Flyer fan will call for Clarkes head. If its Somik or a 2nd to mid round pick, most of us can live with it.

I guess we have 36 hours before we find out if the whole of Philly is going to go nuts over this trade.

Old
02-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Digger12

Well this is freaking peachy.

Just when Lowe thought he'd finally banished Comrie...like in a slasher flick Comrie pops out from Lowe's closet. And to a team we're fighting tooth and nail with for a playoff spot.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:39 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
But in doing so he traded Woywitka, a 1st and a 3rd for Burke if Comrie is the deal. Thats should get him fired (we say this every year) if it doesnt mean the Cup.

Flyer fans and Hitch were completely comfortable with Esche in goal for the playoffs. I know Pho fans wont believe that because by all accounts he didnt do too well there but he has been great all year for Philly.
Uh why do you keep leaving out Radivojevic? To make it sound worse? He's worth more than Burke, particularly in today's market as a cheap, young, proven and improving player.

Im not at all happy at trading Branko for an overrated player I dont want here. Please Barnett, turn around and deal Comrie to Anaheim!

Old
02-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Uh why do you keep leaving out Radivojevic? To make it sound worse? He's worth more than Burke, particularly in today's market as a cheap, young, proven and improving player.

Im not at all happy at trading Branko for an overrated player I dont want here. Please Barnett, turn around and deal Comrie to Anaheim!
If you want to add Radivojevic and Seidenberg its still a very bad deal. Its the Oates deal all over again. A decision that would get you fired in any other job.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Gwyddbwyll

If it is Burke and Radivojevic for Somik OR a 2nd then Barnett is the one that should be fired!

I dont think you understand that Radivojevic is a valuable asset. He is the nearest to Justin Williams we have on our team.. (not as good but very unappreciated).

IMO
Comrie > Burke
Radivojevic > Seidenberg

Old
02-08-2004, 10:38 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Radivojevic > Seidenberg
A #3 D-man has more value than an average 2rd line winger. He would be a 3rd liner in Philly.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:40 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSpeedOnly
A #3 D-man has more value than an average 2rd line winger. He would be a 3rd liner in Philly.
Yep, a #3 defenseman does have more value than a 3rd line winger. However, Seidenberg is currently an injured #6. He has a lot of potential, but then again, so does Branko.

Old
02-08-2004, 12:44 PM
ParisSaintGermain

[QUOTE=Stevex]
I dont think you understand that Radivojevic is a valuable asset. He is the nearest to Justin Williams we have on our team.. (not as good but very unappreciated).

I agree. The only problem with Radivojevic is that right now he hasn't got to the next gear and he remains a very streaky player: Red hot or big slump.
He hasn't found the consistency required for more ice time but He can well find that anytime soon. Now, I don't think he has got Nagy natural talent as i read in another thread.
But something that may really worry the already very woried Flyers faithfuls is that Branko was an healthy scratch one game this week...

Old
02-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Despite what "some" Flyers fans say, I'll take the trade for Burke and Bronko and run. Some of us do know what it takes to win...and Comrie is overerated...on our team. Seidenberg is also overrated on our team because we don't need him to win right now. We need a cup in Philly and although this may not be the best movement for the future...who cares? I wouldn't say I'd rather have burke than Giggy or Khabi, but we do need someone. Any Flyers fan thinking otherwise just watch the hilights of Nitty vs the vaunted snipers of the AHL.

Closed Thread