HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Get ready no more cell phones tomorrow(0401)

Old
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Carbo N8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
The irony of it all is that I was the one nearly in an accident, not him.

That's why they're banning cell phones.. so distracted onlookers don't get in accidents.
So, next they ban women walking down the street in halter tops & shorts?

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Fido22

Quote:

That's why they're banning cell phones.. so distracted onlookers don't get in accidents.
It's not that difficult once you get used to it. Preferably, though, at first, you want something with wheat as that will absorb some milk and make it easier. After a while though, you get so good you can have anything you like. I always keep like 4-5 boxes of different kind of cereal in my car, you know so I have something for every mood.

It's a great system. Shaves like 20 minutes off my morning routine.

Then, I can read my paper while in traffic on Decarie.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:

I saw a guy nearly take out the car in front of me at a major intersection once. He was in a right-turn only lane and continued (well over the speed limit) through the intersection going straight. Not a oh-crap-I'm-in-the-wrong-lane-maybe-I-can-sneak-in-here kind of straight; I don't think he even realized he was in a turn lane. I don't think he realized he nearly hit someone either. If it had been earlier in the day there would almost certainly have been pedestrians around.

But I guess it's hard to pay attention to things like what lane you're in and how fast you're going when you're busy using your electric razor.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
So, next they ban women walking down the street in halter tops & shorts?
The world would be a much safer, and sadder, place.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I saw a guy nearly take out the car in front of me at a major intersection once. He was in a right-turn only lane and continued (well over the speed limit) through the intersection going straight. Not a oh-crap-I'm-in-the-wrong-lane-maybe-I-can-sneak-in-here kind of straight; I don't think he even realized he was in a turn lane. I don't think he realized he nearly hit someone either. If it had been earlier in the day there would almost certainly have been pedestrians around.

But I guess it's hard to pay attention to things like what lane you're in and how fast you're going when you're busy using your electric razor.
Electric razors irritate the skin. You show up at a meeting feeling kinda rashy. Not cool.

I keep a bucket of warm water in there and use my trusted handheld Quatro. It's got a jet plane on the adds. Those are cool.

Shaves 6 minutes off my morning routine. It's great.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
guest1467

I have never had a cellphone so this law does not effect me whatsoever. However, I have seen numerous times someone on the phone while driving and being an idiot. I find when people are on the phone, they seem a lot more oblivious to what is going on around them and that in turn can lead to accidents. Not to mention slow reaction times, distraction and ignorance.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
SwiftyHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I have never had a cellphone so this law does not effect me whatsoever. However, I have seen numerous times someone on the phone while driving and being an idiot. I find when people are on the phone, they seem a lot more oblivious to what is going on around them and that in turn can lead to accidents. Not to mention slow reaction times, distraction and ignorance.
Thats cause your a commie! You're lucky Senator McCarthy isnt still around to bring your ars to trial.

SwiftyHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
sevil

terrible....

when you look at the fact they cant stop people from
speeding
drunk driving
racing
illegal passing
no seat belts..

the cell phone law is nothing but a joke..

I would love to see the stats for deaths caused by drunk drivers and speeding relative to cell phone usage...

what a waste of time

go fix the bigger problems first
fawkin government

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 05:03 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
when you look at the fact they cant stop people from
speeding
drunk driving
racing
illegal passing
no seat belts..

the cell phone law is nothing but a joke..

I would love to see the stats for deaths caused by drunk drivers and speeding relative to cell phone usage...

what a waste of time

go fix the bigger problems first
fawkin government
You have no idea how big a problem cell phone use is in cars.
I really don't think you get teh big picture here. There are many people here and everywhere capable of answering a cell phone saying "whats up, so we meeting over there, cool, peace" but some need to take it to a whole other level of conversation while they drive. Now this is where it gets tricky. If you think you can drive your car and talk on a cell phone at the same time and think you can control your car the same way, WRONG!
As usual a law is put into affect to protect the dumb ****s of our society who can't think for themselves and do something dangerous because there isn't a law saying don't do it

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyHab View Post
Thats cause your a commie! You're lucky Senator McCarthy isnt still around to bring your ars to trial.
Excuse me? Your joke is baseless and juvenile.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Rock On

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's happening here in Nova Scotia as well.

edit: In addition you are not allowed to smoke with a child under 18 in your car.
I'm so annoyed with all these measures against tobacco. They should simply ban it. Each year there's one or more laws like that. I'm a smoker and some of these laws are really ridiculous (i.e. smoking cigarette at 10 m or more from public building doors ) By banning it, I would have to stop like many other. End of the problem.

Rock On is online now   Reply With Quote