HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

more talk of outdoor game @ yankee

Old
04-01-2008, 05:31 AM
NYR Lunchbox

vCash: 500
more talk of outdoor game @ yankee

this dosent suprise me at all thinkin the devs and fishsticks would cry about boston getting the game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/p...?urn=nhl,74086

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 07:09 AM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Eliminate the ASG and make it a two game weekend w/skills comp as well..........

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
If the outdoor game is considered a home game, are STH automatically guarenteed a seat?

04-01-2008, 09:12 AM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
this dosent suprise me at all thinkin the devs and fishsticks would cry about boston getting the game

While I would like the Isles in that game, I don't think most Isles fans would "cry" over it. I think isles fans would be most upset because i believe it was their idea initially. So it kinda sucks that the league took their proposal and then decided not to include them in the game. However, most Isles fans aren't stupid. They know that the Isles don't attract a ton of national attention and probably aren't the best team to have in that game in terms of attracting the biggest national audience. Do I think that an Isles/Rags game would be more intense and fun to watch than any other game? Yea, definitely. But the fact is that a Rangers/Wings/Leafs game would attract more national attention, and so I can see why the league would choose to do it that way. Either way I'm excited to watch it.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Choice

I'd much rather see it be against one of our traditional rivals, like the Devils, Isles or even Flyers, than a team we don't have much history against.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 09:57 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
I'd much rather see it be against one of our traditional rivals, like the Devils, Isles or even Flyers, than a team we don't have much history against.
The Rangers have plenty of history with the Bruins. They are both original 6 teams...

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
The Rangers have plenty of history with the Bruins. They are both original 6 teams...
Fair enough, but you can't tell me that the rivalry is nearly as intense as it is against the Isles, Flyers or Devils.

And I don't see where this notion that the outdoor game in NYC was the Isles idea comes from.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
BJo

Quote:
Fair enough, but you can't tell me that the rivalry is nearly as intense as it is against the Isles, Flyers or Devils.

And I don't see where this notion that the outdoor game in NYC was the Isles idea comes from.
I had seen it posted on the Isles board i think (which shows that its probably a biased unreliable opinion). But I thought i remember the Isles/Wang/Snow bringing up the idea initially. I have no source for it though, so i could be mistaken.

Old
04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
SPG

Quote:

I agree with that point, but from a pure "historical" standpoint, there's more history... not that it would really make for a better game. There might be more "modern/recent history" with our rival teams, but they've only been around for 30-40 years, where the Rangers and Bruins have both been around for 80+ years. I do see where you're coming from with the division rivals argument, though.

Regarding the Isles, I believe they were the ones that originally approached Yankee stadium with the idea, but I don't have a source to back that up.

Old
04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
As I noted in the other thread on this topic, the league will select the opponent based on which team will give this game the highest possible exposure across the country. This will undoubtedly include teams with hot, young superstars, and a large media market that is not NYC. They will also want play-up the history of the two opponents. Again, this leads me to Chicago or Detroit as being the most likely candidates.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
As I noted in the other thread on this topic, the league will select the opponent based on which team will give this game the highest possible exposure across the country. This will undoubtedly include teams with hot, young superstars, and a large media market that is not NYC. They will also want play-up the history of the two opponents. Again, this leads me to Chicago or Detroit as being the most likely candidates.
Agreed. It makes a lot of sense to pick a non-NYC market team as the opponent.

Old
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
I had seen it posted on the Isles board i think (which shows that its probably a biased unreliable opinion). But I thought i remember the Isles/Wang/Snow bringing up the idea initially. I have no source for it though, so i could be mistaken.
They had an outdoor NHL game in EDM long before theese clowns could have come up with the idea.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:14 AM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
They had an outdoor NHL game in EDM long before theese clowns could have come up with the idea.
I'm not saying the Islanders were the first to think of having an outdoor hockey game. I'm saying they were the first ones to bring up the idea of an Isles/Rags game at Yankee Stadium, which one of your fellow Rangers fans agreed was accurate.

Old
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
I'm not saying the Islanders were the first to think of having an outdoor hockey game. I'm saying they were the first ones to bring up the idea of an Isles/Rags game at Yankee Stadium, which one of your fellow Rangers fans agreed was accurate.
I guess they have to get revenue somehow

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

so the rangers locked up the outdoor game unofficially

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 06:49 PM
HenriksBetter

I woud rather see Boston than either the Devils or Islanders. The fact that it would be at Yankee Stadium and all the history between the Yankees and Red Sux, it would just fit better. You would have one last battle between NY and Boston in the Stadium. NBC and the NHL would have a marketing field day with that one.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
D713B

It's the most logical combination to have the Bruins/Rangers play an outdoor game at Yankee Stadium from the NHL's stand point. Hands down there may not be a better scenario. New York and Boston are two of the largest markets in the U.S. Factor in the NY/Boston rivalry and you have yourself a very marketable (i.e. PROFITABLE) scenario. From a business perspective it would be foolish to do anything else. It's practically a marketers wet dream.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Oh **** those two ****** teams. God. And I thought I couldn't stand them any less.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:59 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post

I really can understand why the Islanders would want to be included in this, but the Devils?? ***.... They have ZERO relevance in NYC proper....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:04 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Surely you jest. The Rangers have more history with the big bad Bruins than almost any other team in the league!

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote