HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

true life: i hate sidney crosby

Old
04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
TheHotRock

vCash: 500
true life: i hate sidney crosby

i hate how he whines, i hate how he dives, i hate how he overreacts, i hate the fact that he gets babied by officials, i hate how he's the face of the league when it should clearly be ovechkin.....i hate him.

i realize hate is a strong word, and i'm not trying to start crap here, i will not take away from the kid's abilities...he is incredible, a tad overrated with inflated numbers due to phantom calls and an insane powerplay, but the kid is the real deal, i just can't stand him. i'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:07 PM
chosen

I wish he was a Ranger and so do you.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
i mean i'd take him, but not over Ovechkin.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

true life: i hate sidney crosby more than TheHotRock

i like how he stepped up ya know and took control of the game yesterday. oh wait, it was their bottom liners who kept them in it while he was busy whining to the officials.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:11 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

He's still a f***ing baby and thats all there is to it.

Last night when he was defended well on a slight break in the 2nd where he went crashing into Lundqvist and then sykora whiffed on the loose puck, he immediately started complaining to the refs with the expression on his face as if he was about to cry.

He's a joke, I cant wait for someone to lay his a$$ out and give him a reality check

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:11 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
this should be a productive thread.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Of course we do. That said, he certainly has some growing up to do.

04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Ovechkin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crysby

04-01-2008, 12:13 PM
BlueBlooded

Send a message via AIM to BlueBlooded
I only hate him because of the media coverage given to him. Honestly he's a fantastic player but it's been blown out of proportion by everone and I genuinely do think he's given more leverage on the ice. I hate how I have to hear about everything he ever does, even the insignificant stuff. I hate his stupid face and how he always looks like he needs a pacifier stuck into his stupid mouth.

Of course it would be nice to have a player like that on the Rangers but I'd still take any of about 10 players before him. He's not as amazing as he is made out to be.

BlueBlooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:13 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Said it last night and I'll say it again. I'd absolutely love to see one of our d-men like Staal or anyone just ****ing LAY OUT CROSBY OR MALKIN.

Not a dirty hit, just a giant clean one.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Said it last night and I'll say it again. I'd absolutely love to see one of our d-men like Staal or anyone just ****ing LAY OUT CROSBY OR MALKIN.

Well yeah who wouldn't? I don't see any reason to hate Malkin though other than the fact that he's a great player on a division rival. That guy plays the game the right way.

And yeah, Crosby could definitely use a thorough ass kicking.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
BJo

He's the best player in the NHL when healthy, as proven by last season and this season (before the ankle). JMO

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:18 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Well yeah who wouldn't? I don't see any reason to hate Malkin though other than the fact that he's a great player on a division rival. That guy plays the game the right way.

And yeah, Crosby could definitely use a thorough ass kicking.
Has nothing to do with hate. They're offensive powerhouses. It's difficult to stop them offensively. Therefore, you shut them down this way.

This is where a Komisarek/Pronger type player comes in handy.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:18 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post

What for? There's better way to stop each.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

*** is with the incessant cross-checking too? i don't know if he's trying to be iginla or what, but it doesn't come off the right way. he looks cheap, instead of gritty.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Boo!!!

Best player my ass. How about most protected player.

No one is allowed to throw a hit on Syd the kid. His little ankle injury was a symbol of how frail he actually is.

I wish there was a statistic to show how many penalties were committed against a player, cause he would be the top winner of that.

Touch him and your called for a penalty, knock him down and that's a double minor.

Look at his competition....Alex O....missing teeth, beaten up but keeps playing.

Ever since his hype he has been protected by the refs. He is not the next great one, he's just the face of the nhl because of the hype. The true heart of the nhl is alex o. And everyone knows it after this season. Go ahead watch a game and count how many hits he takes, or how many penalties are called on people for just touching him.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
*** is with the incessant cross-checking too? i don't know if he's trying to be iginla or what, but it doesn't come off the right way. he looks cheap, instead of gritty.
He's a ****ing *****. That's what's up with his baby-ish cross checking.

Hopefully someone crosschecks him in the mouth to teach him a lesson.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Honestly, I think Ovechkin is slightly better, and Im not just saying that because I think Crosby is a whiny blowhard. Ovechkin brings more to the table (especially physically) with MUCH less talent around him. If Ovechkin was playing on a line with someone like Gomez, he might very well score 80.

Anybody catch the NBC game on Sunday when Crosby approached the linesman about a blown icing call, and ended the conversation with "I like my job better."

Great player, but awfully immature and not very likable.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Yeah that **** is really annoying. It's good that he's willing to play a little rough, but it seems like he's always doing it in retaliation, and he ends up like the little kid who gets pushed down by his older brother so he gets up and starts slapping him. It'd be nice to see him called for that once in awhile.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:26 PM
PhlipDowt

couldnt agree more...i cant stand this big crybaby....and i am so tired of hearing about him... i'd love to see someone lay him out with a clean hit....i was hoping someone would do it last night after the acting (again)

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Best player my ass. How about most protected player.

No one is allowed to throw a hit on Syd the kid. His little ankle injury was a symbol of how frail he actually is.

I wish there was a statistic to show how many penalties were committed against a player, cause he would be the top winner of that.

Touch him and your called for a penalty, knock him down and that's a double minor.

Look at his competition....Alex O....missing teeth, beaten up but keeps playing.

Ever since his hype he has been protected by the refs. He is not the next great one, he's just the face of the nhl because of the hype. The true heart of the nhl is alex o. And everyone knows it after this season. Go ahead watch a game and count how many hits he takes, or how many penalties are called on people for just touching him.

I say give him the Lindros treatment, when he has his head down and is in the corner, put him out of his misery. LEt's see him complain from a wheelchair.
I think the reason that Crosby doesn't receive the "big hit" is the same reason that Jagr doesn't get destroyed usually. Defenseman know that Jagr has the strongest set of legs in the league and if they try to make the big hit on him, he'll probably bounce off you and just skate past you. In other words, its smarter to just try to contain him, rather than get him with the big hit. Crosby is also known for his strong legs and is considered one of the stronger players on the puck in the game. I'm sure thats part of the reason guys don't go for the bone crushing hit on him. Is he protected more than others? Yea i guess so. I don't know. All professional sports leagues try to protect their stars.

I don't really understand how his ankle injury is a symbol of how frail he is. He's been injured once in his professional career, hardly indicating that he is frail.

I'm not a Crosby lover, but to say that Ovechkin is so "tough" and Crosby is not is kinda crap. Crosby fought back from a high ankle sprain before he was ready. High ankle sprains are particularly hard to come back from and Crosby made an effort to come back when he wasn't ready. If anything, that shows that he's a tough customer.

I don't get why everyone hates Crosby. He doesn't play the Ovechkin style of hockey. Big deal. So what. Not all guys are built to play a power forward type of game. The fact is, Crosby makes the players around him better, moreso than AO does. When AO is on the ice I'm scared of what he will do to me. When SC is on the ice I'm scared of not only what he will do to me, but i'm afraid of whatever amazing pass he is going to make to his oh so average linemates. Remember, Crosby made Andy Hilbert a PPG player a few years ago.

JMO

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Levitate

The media hype for him is annoying. The NHL needs to stop treating him like the only young superstar in the league. Ovechkin is 100x more entertaining on and off the ice than Crosby, but he's virtually ignored compared to the coverage Crosby gets.

He also needs to get over his bad acting to draw penalties. Yeah, I know coming from someone who's favorite employs Avery, that's a bit of a laugh. But give me a break...like that high sticking call last night. Yeah, that was a high stick, I won't dispute that a penalty can be called on that. But he acted like he just get smashed in the teeth, while the stick just bumped the side of his helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
What for? There's better way to stop each.
Eh, playing physical is generally one of the better ways of stopping a player. And it's the most entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Honestly, I think Ovechkin is slightly better, and Im not just saying that because I think Crosby is a whiny blowhard. Ovechkin brings more to the table (especially physically) with MUCH less talent around him. If Ovechkin was playing on a line with someone like Gomez, he might very well score 80.

Anybody catch the NBC game on Sunday when Crosby approached the linesman about a blown icing call, and ended the conversation with "I like my job better."

Great player, but awfully immature and not very likable.
This season, Ovechkin might have actually surpassed Crosby for the moment, but it's a bit hard to tell since Crosby was injured. But...Backstrom is looking like a fantastic center for Ovechkin, so I wouldn't dismiss his linemates yet. Early in the season, yes, but not lately.

Finally, what the hell does "I like my job better" mean?

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

Finally, what the hell does "I like my job better" mean?
Was saying it to the linesman in a pretty condescending tone.

Just not professional at all, and it makes my wonder why he gets all the calls if hes going to disrespect the officiating like that.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i hate how he whines, i hate how he dives, i hate how he overreacts, i hate the fact that he gets babied by officials, i hate how he's the face of the league when it should clearly be ovechkin.....i hate him.

i realize hate is a strong word, and i'm not trying to start crap here, i will not take away from the kid's abilities...he is incredible, a tad overrated with inflated numbers due to phantom calls and an insane powerplay, but the kid is the real deal, i just can't stand him. i'm sure a lot of you feel the same way.
Haha, no way.

He is the real deal and everyone just complains cause he's not on YOUR team

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote