HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

true life: i hate sidney crosby

Old
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
but for him to become an even better player, and put up more points/game when he is the #1 target on a team means he's a damn good player, and very close to being on par w/ Crosby and Ovy.

And while Conklin played excellent, Malkin carried the team offensively. He did exactly what ovy has done in washington. That was my entire point. that Malkin is close in talent w/ Crosby and Ovy. Way to take things completely out of context and be a **** at the same time. Really congratulations.:shakehead
I think you're overreacting as I tried to make a point that was not only directed towards your comments, but the rest of the people reading this board. Heck, you backed me up on the age thing. I wasn't attacking you, so chill. Now I will add my head shake to make you think about what you've done

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
but for him to become an even better player, and put up more points/game when he is the #1 target on a team means he's a damn good player, and very close to being on par w/ Crosby and Ovy.

And while Conklin played excellent, Malkin carried the team offensively. He did exactly what ovy has done in washington. That was my entire point. that Malkin is close in talent w/ Crosby and Ovy. Way to take things completely out of context and be a **** at the same time. Really congratulations.
No, Malkin did not carry the team offensively. Petr Sykora, Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Malone all stepped up big time. Malkin was the best player but he had the benefit of a much better/more cohesive supporting cast than Crosby did.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
The only thing I don't get is how Pens fans continually harass other teams' fans, such as you guys, for "bashing the best player in the league out of jealousy." I have yet to see where we have been making false statements about Ovechkin or throwing around insults. While it is admirable to see Pens fans stepping up for a player on another team, I think their defense of Ovechkin is more kneejerk than anything else.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

And while Conklin played excellent, Malkin carried the team offensively. He did exactly what ovy has done in washington. That was my entire point. that Malkin is close in talent w/ Crosby and Ovy. Way to take things completely out of context and be a **** at the same time. Really congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
So because Pittsburgh, as a team, played well without Crosby, that makes Malkin better than Crosby? When Crosby and Malkin are both healthy, Crosby is the clear cut best player in Pittsburgh. Exactly how is Malkin better again?

where did I say he was better? People really have to learn how to read.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
People:

This thread has nothing to do with the Rangers but it's getting some decent discourse. That said, let's cut back on the name calling and respect each other's opinions. Or this thread will be closed.

Thanks.

04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyug View Post
No, Malkin did not carry the team offensively. Petr Sykora, Sergei Gonchar and Ryan Malone all stepped up big time. Malkin was the best player but he had the benefit of a much better/more cohesive supporting cast than Crosby did.
I'm curious on how you think they are better. The team was the same basically. If any thing when Crosby is in than Malkin would actually have a better supporting cast b/c he has Crosby. Losing Crosby makes the supporting cast a little worse doesn't it? I am completely lost by that last statement.

Old
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm curious on how you think they are better. The team was the same basically. If any thing when Crosby is in than Malkin would actually have a better supporting cast b/c he has Crosby. Losing Crosby makes the supporting cast a little worse doesn't it? I am completely lost by that last statement.
agreed. Same people. i think maybe those people were playing better. But its the chicken or the egg, did Malkin make them better or did Malkin benefit from them playing better.

As a whole, I think Pitt wasn't with it in the beginning of the season

Old
04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
agreed. Same people. i think maybe those people were playing better. But its the chicken or the egg, did Malkin make them better or did Malkin benefit from them playing better.

As a whole, I think Pitt wasn't with it in the beginning of the season
That's true I think. They were relying on Crosby and Malkin and they didn't receive any good goaltending... Losing a star player usually helps unite a team as they are forced to come together more to make up for the lost production.

Old
04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
mstraka82

crosby is THOUSANDS times better than malkin sometimes people look into the personality over the player as a whole, crosby is great but annoying

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Lario Melieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The only thing I don't get is how Pens fans continually harass other teams' fans, such as you guys, for "bashing the best player in the league out of jealousy." I have yet to see where we have been making false statements about Ovechkin or throwing around insults. While it is admirable to see Pens fans stepping up for a player on another team, I think their defense of Ovechkin is more kneejerk than anything else.
Funny how 20-something missed games equates to a loss of overall skill. Guess we'll have to wait until next season, when the argument reverts back to... "Crosby gets all his points from the PP" or "Crosby gets his points because of Hossa" or "Crosby has better teammates than Ovie" or some other lame excuse. Book it.

Here, I'll give you a dancing monkey for that effort.

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
Funny how 20-something missed games equates to a loss of overall skill. Guess we'll have to wait until next season, when the argument reverts back to... "Crosby gets all his points from the PP" or "Crosby gets his points because of Hossa" or "Crosby has better teammates than Ovie" or some other lame excuse. Book it.

Here, I'll give you a dancing monkey for that effort.
Dude, that was a joke. Chill out.

Old
04-01-2008, 02:03 PM
lbrowne

Crosby is without a doubt since coming into the league on the same level as every other franchise player.

However, I suffer from the same issue that I would like to see him go through 2 shifts without trying to sell a dive. It's sickening, he doesn't need to do it. When you're that good the calls will come on their own from the other team's frustration. Rosival had an absolute textbook defensive play on Crosby last night, it was awesome to watch.

I can't imagine him playing in an era when Jagr came into the league. For some of you other older folk who got to witness it, he charged through teams despite them trying there best to cut him down with their axes. He never was one to try and sell a call either, it was never his style.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Monkey tri-fecta now in effect. Saying you wouldn't want Crosby is BS. I would take jagr (i'd prefer last year's Jagr). There are plenty of great talents I would take. Why not have one of the top-10 current players, and a guy who will likely be in that field for his whole career?

Old
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Was saying it to the linesman in a pretty condescending tone.

Just not professional at all, and it makes my wonder why he gets all the calls if hes going to disrespect the officiating like that.
Take off your blue and red glasses for a moment, christ.

There was no condescending tone, and his comment was in reference to the fans booing the official after the penguins had negated a close icing call.

The bias in this thread is overwhelming! I'm not really surprised and I should know better than to read this, but I can't help it.

I'd like to say these opinions aren't shared by most Rangers fans, but they seem to be...and that says an awful lot.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:09 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
sidney crybaby is a little *****. im serious when i say this, I DO NOT WANT HIM ON MY TEAM! all he does is ***** and moan to officials and i don't want a player like that. I hope the Flyers destroy him in their next 2 games vs pitt.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
LamoTheKid

I'll be honest, he's extremely talented, i'll never take that away from him. But hes got a LOT of growing up to do and stop with the whining and incessant crosschecking before I'll ever respect him as a whole.

He's like the spoilt kid on the block, hyped from day one and has been treated that way ever since. I'd like to see the favorable calls start going against him and see how he fairs then. Still an excellent player.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:22 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

i agree with futuregm in the fact i would never want him in a rangers shirt. not that i think it will ever happen. as people on this board mention alot there is more than just points to think of when judging a player.

i think if i had to watch sid ***** and moan at refs every game in a rangers shirt i would still dislike him.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Stoney La Rock

Before I put in my 2 cents I'll own up to making the occasional disparaging remark about Crosby's apparent whining. I'll also own up to disliking the fact that his mentor is Pepe Lemieux, who I've never been able to tolerate for more than 3 seconds at any given time.

However, there is no disputing that the kid has talent and that God willing and barring injury, he's got a tremendous career ahead of him.

There are times I feel bad for him, because he was crowned with the hopes of the NHL's future at an age when no human being has the maturity and in most cases the intestinal fortitude to deal with that kind of pressure. Especially that first year - he was endlessly promoted by the league to the point where he became that song on the radio that you like at first but becomes so overplayed that eventually you run screaming from the radio with your hands over your ears every time you hear it.

Having said that, though, while I'd love to have either guy on the Rangers, I prefer Ovechkin - both because of his personality and the way he plays the game.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
94now

I guess most of you were'nt around when 91-92 Penguins had Mario, Francis and Jagr. We won the Cup in 94. We can do it in 08. That's all that matter. Just relax.
Don't hate, find someone to love.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJo View Post
I think the reason that Crosby doesn't receive the "big hit" is the same reason that Jagr doesn't get destroyed usually. Defenseman know that Jagr has the strongest set of legs in the league and if they try to make the big hit on him, he'll probably bounce off you and just skate past you. In other words, its smarter to just try to contain him, rather than get him with the big hit. Crosby is also known for his strong legs and is considered one of the stronger players on the puck in the game. I'm sure thats part of the reason guys don't go for the bone crushing hit on him. Is he protected more than others? Yea i guess so. I don't know. All professional sports leagues try to protect their stars.

I don't really understand how his ankle injury is a symbol of how frail he is. He's been injured once in his professional career, hardly indicating that he is frail.

I'm not a Crosby lover, but to say that Ovechkin is so "tough" and Crosby is not is kinda crap. Crosby fought back from a high ankle sprain before he was ready. High ankle sprains are particularly hard to come back from and Crosby made an effort to come back when he wasn't ready. If anything, that shows that he's a tough customer.

I don't get why everyone hates Crosby. He doesn't play the Ovechkin style of hockey. Big deal. So what. Not all guys are built to play a power forward type of game. The fact is, Crosby makes the players around him better, moreso than AO does. When AO is on the ice I'm scared of what he will do to me. When SC is on the ice I'm scared of not only what he will do to me, but i'm afraid of whatever amazing pass he is going to make to his oh so average linemates. Remember, Crosby made Andy Hilbert a PPG player a few years ago.

JMO
Crosby makes people better? Ryan Malone and Malkin? They both are good players in their own respect. Look at the rookie winger for washington...they both make the players around them better, the question would be who plays better hockey? O hands down...faster, stronger, and more exciting.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:30 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Wow.

That's all I have to say to the people saying that they would not take Crosby in a Rangers sweater.

I hate Art Ross winners, oh and the Hart Trophy? Overrated. He whines... his 100+ points couldn't possibly help our stagnant offense. Lordy, this is such a crazy thread... yeah Crosby is still a kid and talks to the refs a lot... IT'S HIS JOB! HE'S THE CAPTAIN! I wish Jagr talked to the refs more.

Embellishment aside, he's the best player in the league.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
TylerDurden

You people are crazy if you wouldn't want Crosby on the Rangers. We have Sean Avery, a player I'm willing to bet that before he came to the Rangers you said the same exact thing. The kid is the best player in the NHL but you don't want him because he whines? That's rediculous, you're supposed to want to win, not care whether or not the players complain.

TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzz324 View Post
You people are crazy if you wouldn't want Crosby on the Rangers. We have Sean Avery, a player I'm willing to bet that before he came to the Rangers you said the same exact thing. The kid is the best player in the NHL but you don't want him because he whines? That's rediculous, you're supposed to want to win, not care whether or not the players complain.
I was just going to say this. I was pissed when we got Avery, and have since been happily proven wrong. And he's got three times the baggage and a third of the talent that Crosby does.

That's like saying you wouldn't want Patrick Roy on your team because he was an arrogant ass.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Valhoun*

Crosby doesn't ride segways to comedic effect.

Old
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
ThirdEye

Great talent, hate his guts

Yes I wouldn't mind him on my team (although I'm sure some fans will), but that's not happening anyway... so I will continue to hate him

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote