HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanahan - DTD

Old
04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Shanahan - DTD

Shanahan is considered Day-to-Day after not playing the entire third period/OT after suffering a "Lower Body Injury."

Quote:
The other injury news is what you’d expect. Renney said Brendan Shanahan was day-to-day after missing the second half of Monday’s game.

“I think he’ll be fine,” Renney said. “He’s just getting a little bit of work on his muscles.”
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/0...o-points-away/

He'll probably be fine for the Thursday game against the Isles at the Coliseum. However, assuming he sits it, (or both games).. who takes his place?

Since Betts is getting conditioning down, he's hoping to play against the Isles but it's more likely he plays against the Devils.

Quote:
“The toe feels great. I don’t think that’s the issue anymore,” Betts said. “I just have to get back in shape and get comfortable out there. I should be able to play. I’m just not sure when that’s going to be.”

Betts will skate harder tomorrow. The possibility remains that he’ll play Thursday and/or Friday, and both he and Tom Renney want the return to happen before the playoffs.

“At least Sunday, if not Thursday-Friday,” Betts said. “I definitely want to get in the game, just for the mental aspect of it. It should be three pretty intense games. … If I can help it, I don’t want my first game back to be a playoff game”
If the two are both sitting, HFD callup or no? - I doubt it myself, but if it is someone, I say it's Moore and they put Hollweg in Sjo's spot and move Sjo up.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
don't call anyone up, not worth the capspace for the 4th line that won't play anyways

Prucha will be moved up, put Struds on the 4th line

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
don't call anyone up, not worth the capspace for the 4th line that won't play anyways

Prucha will be moved up, put Struds on the 4th line
Right. Forgot about that, and Renney would like to put Struds in.

That's the likely scenario if both are sitting.

Old
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
94now

When Shanahan came back he, while sitting on the bench, moved his stick over his head with fully extended both arms all the way down to his back. This is the exercise intended to stretch lower back muscles. Just a hint...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Heat McManus

A friend of mine is close with Shanahan and said he learned a lot from going through his rash of injuries earlier in the year. He tweaked something and felt playing on it would only make it worse, but if it went into the SO he would be able to go.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
If the two are both sitting, HFD callup or no? - I doubt it myself, but if it is someone, I say it's Moore and they put Hollweg in Sjo's spot and move Sjo up.
Actually, I agree with this scenario (except Prucha deserves to be played up rather then less effective (offensively) Sjostrom) rather then playing Struds..The team played best last night when the 4th line got all but one of their shifts thru the 1st two periods. With their speed and skating, all three played well..Strudwick would just drag the sped of the line down and make them a non-factor (like in the 3rd period)...Either a Moore/Korp/?? would be a faster, better altenative..We can't let our guard down against the Isles...Besides, the one night that Sjostrom-Holly-Struds were together, they were horrible, particualrly Struds..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
beastly115

I thought it was funny that Shanny returned to the bench in OT, in case the game went to a SO.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Shanahan is considered Day-to-Day after not playing the entire third period/OT after suffering a "Lower Body Injury."

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/0...o-points-away/

He'll probably be fine for the Thursday game against the Isles at the Coliseum. However, assuming he sits it, (or both games).. who takes his place?

Since Betts is getting conditioning down, he's hoping to play against the Isles but it's more likely he plays against the Devils.

Shanny will never sit out.

If Prucha gets a chance with Gomez he defenitly could take it and run with it. Prucha out played Callahan for a spot during the first half of the season, then as he was starting to get hot, he went down and Callahan got a chance and got hot.

Shanny probably got more in him then what he have shown lately -- but that have been very little. Playing with Gomez I don't think its "unthinkable" that a extremely fired up Prucha could score like 3 goals in the comming 2 games if he got a chance. If he would have done that Shanny would have found himself on the 4th line when he came back.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I thought it was funny that Shanny returned to the bench in OT, in case the game went to a SO.
Why is it funny? Shanny is a gamer.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
zestystrat

Sit him for the 2 games vs. the fishies. Let him "heal" ie rest the guy b/f the PO's.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:37 PM
94now

Betts will play. Conditioning is not a long project. The guy probably had ingrown nail in his toe that had to be operated. Not unusual, but not an injury either.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Haha, me too.

Old
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
mstraka82

Shanny is hilarious what a guy

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

It would be stupid not to sit Shanny for at least one of the last 3 games.

I would sit him on Thursday. The last time the guy had good rest (14 games off without a game) he came back and tore it up, points in 8 or 9 straight games.

Let him sit for the Isles on Thursday or Friday or both and then if Sundays a big position game dress him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote