HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GAME TAKES: North East division CHAMPS! Habs: 3 Ott: 0

Old
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
Were you by any chance bald and wearing a grey-ish button up with a white shirt underneath
That was me just no white undershirt......

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Mats NAslund

I just saw myself on Canadiens Express....Banging on the glass.....LOL

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
ou babeh, babeh.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
LV Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
I endorse pretty much everything everyone has said so far

I would like to add a special mention to our own "HF" favorite, Guillaume Latendresse. Maybe it's just me but, he seemed like a different player out there tonight. He only played 8:12 minutes because of the constant special units situations, but every time he was on the ice, something good happened. His near brakeaway against Commodore made me think I was seeing a mirage!!!!

The guy matured I think... Maybe he was abducted by Aliens or something... But one thing is sure, I think we will have to greet a new star in this team as the present weeks go by....
He must have picked up a new gear during his week off. I coudn't believe my eyes when I saw him burn by Commodore. Either that or Ottawa's d is extremely slow and has no chance of keeping up with Montreal's speed. I like Lats and he is improving, but honestly how good would you feel if he beat one of our d-men in a similar footrace? Good game by Lats though, welcome back!

LV Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
So, is Price playing the remaining of the games: Season + PLayoffs?

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

oh man...i just finished watching our boys lay the smackdown on the Hens

This team is absolutely sick!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:23 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Hab View Post
He must have picked up a new gear during his week off. I coudn't believe my eyes when I saw him burn by Commodore. Either that or Ottawa's d is extremely slow and has no chance of keeping up with Montreal's speed. I like Lats and he is improving, but honestly how good would you feel if he beat one of our d-men in a similar footrace? Good game by Lats though, welcome back!
It wasn't all speed, though it was a factor. He got to the puck about shoulder to shoulder with Commodore and totally outmuscled him -- and Commodore is no wimp.

Lats was clearly glad to be back in the lineup.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
So, is Price playing the remaining of the games: Season + PLayoffs?
is their any doubt about that?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I have no plans on dying or living a dull life...I just beat Cancer and am now in remission...I was in Montreal 2weeks ago and had lunch with the HABS met and took pictures with almost all the guys then went to the Habs Bruins game....Tonight I was in Ottawa to witness Montreal's first division title in over a decade......I plan on living life to it's fullist.....

Cheers.....
Oh you're that guy in remission who got his picture taken with Koivu... Again congrats on being in remission...

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
It was AMAZING to be in the building for this one...Habs fans in every direction, seemed about 50-50 in terms of people, but it was about 80-20 in terms of crowd noise for the Habs. At the end of the game, most Sens fans left, so it was all Canadiens. The highlight of the game for me was when we were giving the Habs a standing ovation in the dying seconds and Price came up with a huge glove save as people were starting to chant "Carey!". Needless to say, the chants got louder.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Now that we clinched, does this mean Carbo is a shoe in to be a finalist for Coach of the Year.

Old
04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Damn..did they show me banging on the glass after the save?
NO just the save... sorry.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
That was me just no white undershirt......
Ahhh, saw you on 110%. Haha

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
cant wait to hear PJ Stock on 990 tomorrow, making up excuses as to why the Habs beat Ottawa, nitpicking at our "weaknesses", questioning our ''lack of character"...

It's unbelievable how much that guy is a hater. I remember him saying that without Koivu the Habs are done... I pretty sure he didn't say the Bruins are done without Bergeron... or the Flyers without Gagné... The thing he said about character was explained when he used the case of the Flyers, Bruins when one of their big player went down and both teams had to play with through it. How are the Habs suppose to get his so called "character" when they didn't go through any big injury before the past week? He downplays most of the good things the Habs did this year. He's the typical guy with all the rebuttals in the world (yes they have the number 1 PP but in the playoffs, they won't be as successful in the playoffs. They have made a huge mistake in putting Price in charge because he's not ready and Huet is better than him. Yes, they scored all these goals on the PP but can't score 5 on 5. They are small and not tough enough. The guy is not a Habs' fan and he can't even be happy with the season the Habs are having right now... Oh last thing I heard him say recently... He was talking about the trophy that is given to the "comeback" player of the year. He said that he sees somebody like Sergei Samsonov winning it... and then his co-host on the radio mentioned the name Alex Kovalev and he was like "nah".

Kachino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:41 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
It's unbelievable how much that guy is a hater. I remember him saying that without Koivu the Habs are done... I pretty sure he didn't say the Bruins are done without Bergeron... or the Flyers without Gagné... The thing he said about character was explained when he used the case of the Flyers, Bruins when one of their big player went down and both teams had to play with through it. How are the Habs suppose to get his so called "character" when they didn't go through any big injury before the past week? He downplays most of the good things the Habs did this year. He's the typical guy with all the rebuttals in the world (yes they have the number 1 PP but in the playoffs, they won't be as successful in the playoffs. They have made a huge mistake in putting Price in charge because he's not ready and Huet is better than him. Yes, they scored all these goals on the PP but can't score 5 on 5. They are small and not tough enough. The guy is not a Habs' fan and he can't even be happy with the season the Habs are having right now...
in pj's defense, he was on 110% tonight giving the habs big props, and admitted error in 'character judgment'. he was very impressed with the win tonight and let everyone know it.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Wasn't really an incident. Neil was being a ****ing idiot all game as usual, got close to Price, brushing against him. And when he was in front of the net during a PP Price kept flicking his helmet, hitting him in the back of the head.

That's what I saw, unless I missed something too.
Like i said before, Price push the back of Neil's helmet up so the front goes down and obstruct Neil's eyes. Very clever from Price and It was very funny to see Neil's reaction.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What a huge game by the boys tonight!Great effort.Couldn't ask for a better bunch of guy's.

Carey Price was unreal tonight

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
cant wait to hear PJ Stock on 990 tomorrow, making up excuses as to why the Habs beat Ottawa, nitpicking at our "weaknesses", questioning our ''lack of character"...

I personaly think still think we lack gritt, though. What pisses me off is that we're never the agressor. We take it and we take it and we take it. What happened at some moments with Lapointe hitting Gorges or Neil roughing up Sergei I can't stand that. Not only we're getting roughed up but we never have guys that will do that to the opposition. Begin and Kosto can hit but they're not mean enough. And if we have to get far in the playoffs we're going to have to bring down the law, be more agressive and make them pay to send a few messages that we shouldn't be taken lightly. That's what the Sens of the last few years were doing so well because they were an offensive powerhouse but were also throwing down the body and were a physical presence and that was a big reason why they beat the Penguins in the playoffs last year. While the Habs plays great and wins, I never feel that agressive physical presence coming from them. Maybe that's because Carbo doesn't want them to play that way but a few speedy guys, a good goalie and a great trap can only take you so far before we face a genuinely big physical team that forecheck hard and has no problems with our trap and our speed(for instance Los Angeles had a field when we played them).

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Lats taking out the trash...

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Awesome picture. Great reactions in the stands.

Old
04-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I personaly think still think we lack gritt, though. What pisses me off is that we're never the agressor. We take it and we take it and we take it. What happened at some moments with Lapointe hitting Gorges or Neil roughing up Sergei I can't stand that. Not only we're getting roughed up but we never have guys that will do that to the opposition. Begin and Kosto can hit but they're not mean enough. And if we have to get far in the playoffs we're going to have to bring down the law, be more agressive and make them pay to send a few messages that we shouldn't be taken lightly. That's what the Sens of the last few years were doing so well because they were an offensive powerhouse but were also throwing down the body and were a physical presence and that was a big reason why they beat the Penguins in the playoffs last year. While the Habs plays great and wins, I never feel that agressive physical presence coming from them. Maybe that's because Carbo doesn't want them to play that way but a few speedy guys, a good goalie and a great trap can only take you so far before we face a genuinely big physical team that forecheck hard and has no problems with our trap and our speed(for instance Los Angeles had a field when we played them).

I think we are plenty gritty... we have a team full of guys who don't back down whether its Kovalev, Koivu, both Kostitsyns, Georges, Kostopolous, Higgins, etc...

As far as being the aggresor on things and punishing people.... I'd like to show you example 1) Mike Komisarous - one of the hardest hitting defencemen in hockey. 2) Hamrlik - also throws his weight around. 3) O'Byrne - Komi lite 4) Boullion - heart of a warrior..... upfront watch Higgins, Sergei, Kovalev, Lappy, Tender own the boards.... watch Ryder and Akost on the forecheck.... watch Begin through some dandy hits.

So we don't fight.... doesn't mean we don't do the things that punish people in a 7 game series. Fighting doesn't really do this.... its just goon vs goon..... Komisarek running one of their key offensive forces into the boards hard does a lot more.

I'm being realistic here, and grit is not one of the things that concerns me....

My concerns are inexperience and depth.... We are a young team and that could hurt us.... We are also a deep team when it comes to replacing our bottom Ds or our bottom forwards, but if a top guy is to go out we're searching for answers.... Everyteam has that in the cap world though, and it takes a little injury luck to get through sometimes. Look at Carolina in 05 they faced us (lost Koivu), Sabres (lost 5D) and Oilers (lost their number 1 goalie). You need both luck and skill and grit in the playoffs.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Danadiens

Begin with only 2 blocked shots? I swear he had like a million tonight

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Turboflex*

Let the Chris Neils and Lapointes of the NHL (besides Neil, Avery, and a few others most of these antagonist players arent very good) start a bit of ****, they arent wounding the team. When the habs scrum up to defend their net it rallies them just as much, if not more than whatever moral boost the team with the agitator gets by getting in people's faces.

The real damage can be done by hits, and the habs are one of the harder hitting teams in the league. Not just our big Dmen, but forwards too. 4th line always hitting on the forecheck, big Latendresse knows how to hammer guys with his weight (remember when his hit retired a guy last year??), Kovalev can take care of himself and administer justice when he needs to, and I've seen S.Kostitsyn line up some brutal open ice hits. Even Ryder has been hitting more.

Habs are perfectly capable of wearing down the opposition with hits over a playoff series, we've seen them step up and match the "grit" teams like Philly and Boston in big games this season, and while they did that they pasted them on the scoreboard too.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:22 AM
1UP

You know what is the sweetest?

No Koivu, no Komisarek... no problem. Change a bit the style, other players just step up and take the charge. Can you remove Brisebois from the lineup after the last few games? Gorges (minus the game vs Toronto)? Bégin?

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote