HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Senators have a Kingsized monkey on their backs

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2004, 11:30 PM
HOZ

vCash: 500
The Senators have a Kingsized monkey on their backs

And it'sa called the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Get beaten more ways than one int he playoffs, twice. Get beat on a few days earlier, talk about how tough they are and that they are not intimidated and then blow a 4 goal lead tonight.

I don't like their chances in the playoffs :mad:

Old
02-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Cerebral

I dunno, they looked pretty good in that huge 7-1 blowout where Alfreddson feigned throwing his stick in the stands..

Old
02-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Digger12

So what happened to Hossa? I only caught snatches of the game, but in one part he was bleeding like a stuck pig...

Old
02-06-2004, 12:04 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
So what happened to Hossa? I only caught snatches of the game, but in one part he was bleeding like a stuck pig...
Puck hit him in the shield.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Whitenoise

Quote:
Took a slapshot in the visor, which shattered and cut his face apparently (not exactly sure on that, but that's what I've been told).

Old
02-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenoise
Took a slapshot in the visor, which shattered and cut his face apparently (not exactly sure on that, but that's what I've been told).
Damn, that's got to suck. So now he's all Phantom of the Opera?

I don't think I've heard of that before, a face shield shattering and causing injury. Rotten luck.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Sportsnet just reported that Hossa is out of the all-star game on Sunday. Sportsnet also reported that Redden is out of the all-star game as well.

Last edited by Narnia: 02-06-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old
02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:

I don't think I've heard of that before, a face shield shattering and causing injury. Rotten luck.
Apparently, it (only) took 9 stitches to close the gash, but damm, there was a lot of blood.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Whitenoise

Quote:

Eh, it would've been his face that was shattered if he wasn't wearing that shield. I'd say it did it's job. Only thing I'd be worried about is shards of the visor getting into the eyes.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the aftermath.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hossablood.jpg‎ (275.1 KB, 83 views)

Old
02-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Tyrolean

I remember a visor smashed to pieces on Travis Moore of the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He has to miss 2 weeks as I recall.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Whitenoise

Yet another update on Hossa: I just watched the highlights on tsn.ca, and it was a dump in from Aki Berg that hit Hossa. Dutchyshen described it by saying "it was his visor that jumped up and cut him" so I'm not sure if the visor even shattered. Either way, it was the visor that did the damage on Hossa's face.

Old
02-06-2004, 01:01 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Eh, it would've been his face that was shattered if he wasn't wearing that shield. I'd say it did it's job. Only thing I'd be worried about is shards of the visor getting into the eyes.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the aftermath.
Well Hossa is out indefinitely according to Sportsnet. Cross was hit in the face with a puck and it hit his nose. He ended up missing one game if I recall. I'm not sure if these two incidents are similar. The pucks are sure injuring a lot of players this season, are they not.

Old
02-06-2004, 09:34 AM
IceDragoon

Quote:
...Here's a pic of the aftermath.
That's quite the stain. Sportsnet originally showed them picking him off the ice. (Man that was one ugly pool of blood.) They then cut that scene when they showed it on Sportsnet News later.

Old
02-06-2004, 02:01 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ

Get beaten more ways than one int he playoffs, twice. Get beat on a few days earlier, talk about how tough they are and that they are not intimidated and then blow a 4 goal lead tonight.

No better opportunity than this to try and trade Laraque. That and Worrell intimidating some of the Wings when they played Colorado for the first time this season. (No, I never give up hope that we will trade this guy.)

Old
02-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ

Well, in all fairness, over half of the team apparantly had some weird flu virus last night, and you can ask St. Louis about the effects of a team-wide flu virus and of course, losing Hossa last night early didn't help. I think a healthy Senators team with Hossa doesn't blow that lead last night...

However, I just can't seem to figure Lalime out...He just looks completely shell-shocked out there. IMO it seems doubtful, but anyone think that the Senators might be in the running for a goaltender for the playoffs (Burke?)

Old
02-06-2004, 03:12 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
Well, in all fairness, over half of the team apparantly had some weird flu virus last night, and you can ask St. Louis about the effects of a team-wide flu virus and of course, losing Hossa last night early didn't help. I think a healthy Senators team with Hossa doesn't blow that lead last night...
Just to expand on that, apparently at one point the Sens only had 12 skaters on the bench because the guys were going back and forth from the dressing room because of their flue.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the comeback. If anything I would say the Leafs should be the ones worrying considering the Sens ran up a 4 goal lead so quickly before they ran out of gas.

Old
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
hardcore_fan

We actually had only 6 guys on the bench at some parts towards the end, including the back-up.Hnidy and VanAllen wound up colliding in the hallway, one running to the bathroom as the other ran back.It would have been funny had it not been the Leafs:pAs for the goaltending I don't see the Sens making a trade, however you might see us hand the ball to Prusek and see if he can run with it.My confidence in Lalime is shot

Old
02-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore_fan
We actually had only 6 guys on the bench at some parts towards the end, including the back-up.Hnidy and VanAllen wound up colliding in the hallway, one running to the bathroom as the other ran back.It would have been funny had it not been the Leafs:pAs for the goaltending I don't see the Sens making a trade, however you might see us hand the ball to Prusek and see if he can run with it.My confidence in Lalime is shot
AS you obviously see more Seantors games than me, what do you think Lalime's problem is?

Old
02-06-2004, 10:58 PM
hardcore_fan

Quote:
AS you obviously see more Seantors games than me, what do you think Lalime's problem is?

Honestly, right now:everything.His confidence is shot and he seems to have forgotten the fundamentals.His angles are all way off, when he comes out to challenge he's leaving half the net open.He is over commiting and pulling himself out of position quite often, and when he does come accross it isn't solid at all.He has his 5-hole and the space between arm and body wide open and is getting beat there a lot.I honestly think he needs some time with a new goalie coach, Phil Myre doesn't seem to be getting through to him anymore.I'm hoping Martin or Muckler will let Prusek take over for a while and bring in one of the Allaire brothers to work with Patrick.

Closed Thread