HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PJ Stock and the black hole of the afternoon

Old
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
If you've followed Kovalev's career and the expectations people had for him, you would know that he's right about Kovy. I'm glad he turned it around this year, glad cause he's a Hab when he did it. But one good season can't erase the past seasons he's had.
he said he would like kovalev to hit more, he said he didn't like him because of that that's just a pretty dumb thing to say ... its up to you if you want to back him up.... its like saying kostopoulos should carry the puck more... pointless. Most of the time he has posession of the puck, and he's physical enough when he doesn't have it... I bet PJ would like him more if he would drop the gloves here and there...right? Was kovalev an underachiever? yeah I somewhat agree with someone who says so.

I followed Kovalev since he played with the rangers... I've always liked him, and I always thought he was the best puck carrier in the league, especially when it comes to powerplay... He had ordinary seasons 5 on 5, some bellow expectations... I agree with that ... but he was, he is, and always will be a spectacular player to watch ...

the fact remains ... kovalev + 2 smolinskis and 2 brisebois = still a good powerplay .... and that was also true last year despite the terrible season he had.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 04-02-2008 at 06:40 PM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
habs-stars2006

PJ is the best thing to ever happen to montreal radio. I love his show and try to always catch it if I'm home. Tony is ok, but not great. But tony and PJ make a good mix.

Mitch sux. He sucks up to pierre every day, and doesnt have his own opinion. He wastes half the show on lame music. If i wanted to listen to music, I'd go to FM. 990 is sports not music.

Finally, the guys in the morning are pretty decent. i wake up to them every morning. I like that they talk some good baseball. I wish we had more of that in this city.

habs-stars2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
noiro

Did anyone happen to listen to that part of today's show when that guy from St-Leonard (I beleived his name was Frank) called and told PJ that he was a fake for not beleiving in Carbo and the Habs.
Then, PJ went on for about 5 minutes of making fun of the caller. That was pure magic.

Frank is a animeuuuuuul

noiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 04:01 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiro View Post
Did anyone happen to listen to that part of today's show when that guy from St-Leonard (I beleived his name was Frank) called and told PJ that he was a fake for not beleiving in Carbo and the Habs.
Then, PJ went on for about 5 minutes of making fun of the caller. That was pure magic.

Frank is a animeuuuuuul
I listened today while I was on th eroad, mainly due to this thread. That was funny, though he kept the bit going for a long time. That's the difference between a radio vet like Melnick or Price, and a rookie like Stock, comic timing. Good thing the Italian community can take a joke.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs-stars2006 View Post
PJ is the best thing to ever happen to montreal radio.
Mitch sux. He sucks up to pierre every day, and doesnt have his own opinion. He wastes half the show on lame music. If i wanted to listen to music, I'd go to FM. 990 is sports not music.

Finally, the guys in the morning are pretty decent. i wake up to them every morning. I like that they talk some good baseball. I wish we had more of that in this city.
So basically, what you're saying is:

Stock > Marinaro > Price > Casavant > Melnick

Hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Melnick > Casavant > Price > Picard > Marinaro > Stock > ESPN radio

It takes all kinds. Good to know there are Stock fans out there.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:37 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Did you guys heard the guy who call about today snow; "its like big wet ball hitting me over the head" lol

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Did you guys heard the guy who call about today snow; "its like big wet ball hitting me over the head" lol
PJ: OMG Is it snowing? WTHeck! ITS SNOWING!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote