HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Donnie Walsh in, Isiah...?

Old
04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
OT: Donnie Walsh in, Isiah...?

News about that other team that plays at the Garden: Donnie Walsh is in as the team President, reporting directly to Idiot Dolan. He supposedly has full authority and autonomy.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04022008...iah_104695.htm

No decision on Isiah is immediately pending as he wants to review the situation from inside for a while before making any decisions.

Dear Donnie,

Please, please, PLEASE fire that smug organizational cancer... Get his input on this year's draft (the one thing he actually does well) and then cut his ass loose.

Sincerely,

BRF

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Well thats good for the Knicks. With any luck he'll be as good as Sather in the office.

Sather has had some good luck to go along with some thrifty, smart moves. Also lots of patience.

Maybe Walsh can start by getting the Knicks players to park their cars in between the parking space lines.

Seems like as good a place to start as any

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I never liked the NBA in general, or the Knicks, but the hiring of Isiah put me squarely in the " I hope a large void opens at center court and swallows this franchise whole: category.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I never liked the NBA in general, or the Knicks, but the hiring of Isiah put me squarely in the " I hope a large void opens at center court and swallows this franchise whole: category.
But then they would fall into the ice below and then the Rangers couldn't play...

Jees they can't even disappear right.

Anyway, as past Knick fan (in the 90's i couldn't help but watch, besides basketball was exciting then) i was thrilled to hear the news (of any change), even if Walsh is not the perfect candidate. I just want Isiah out and someone else in. Hopefully theyll be more than one team winning in the Garden, but that dude has a LOT of work ahead of him to get there.

I'm happy for the real Knicks fans, even though there's a lot more to be done. We all know the Dolan effect.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

I hate the Knicks. All they do is take up space and create schedule problems for the Rangers. I've never hated basketball more in my life than I have the last few years because of the Knicks. What a horrible organization!

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
No decision on Isiah is immediately pending as he wants to review the situation from inside for a while before making any decisions.
That's code for "we need to agree on a buyout of his contract."

04-02-2008, 01:27 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's code for "we need to agree on a buyout of his contract."
I agree. Walsh would be an absolute idiot if he took this job without the intention/authority to send Isiah packing.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
I hate the Knicks. All they do is take up space and create schedule problems for the Rangers. I've never hated basketball more in my life than I have the last few years because of the Knicks. What a horrible organization!
I agree 100 percent. You took the words right out of my mouth. I despise the Knicks. Isiah has made it even easier to dislike them, but I will continue to dislike them - Isiah or not. Worthless excuse for a pro sports franchise.

Last edited by SPG: 04-02-2008 at 03:05 PM.
SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
levski87

Isiah will never admit he's doing something wrong. Its always the team,even after like 10 straight losses. He'll say "We gave a hard effort, just couldn't come over the hump to win it"... mind you this is when they lose by like 20. WHen asked about future insights, he'd be like "We have a very bright future, this season has taught us alot."... Yea isiah, the season has taught us how to loss in consecutive games. Please, this guy does not belong anywhere near a basketball anymore. Go home, sit on your couch and ****. My kid sister can do a better job running the Knicks.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
This is a decent move although Walsh would not have been my first choice, the guy is 67 years old afterall and really hasn't had a consistently winning team in years.

The thing that worries me though is that Walsh and Isiah are pals. I believe Walsh gave Isiah his first head coaching job. Maybe they can re-assign Isiah to a scout or something since all he does well is draft...it's going to be a very interesting offseason for the Knicks.

As much as I despise Dolan, at least he stays out of the way when it comes to the Rangers. Hopefully he does the same now with the Knicks and becomes simply the money guy.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
RegalRangers

I won't even consider being a Knicks fan until Isiah has nothing to do with them.

I'm not even happy about Walsh until I see him firing Isiah. I know if I were taking that GM job I would want to immediately distance myself from Isiah.

I feel like I've been on strike as a knicks fan for sooo long.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
clemsonRanger

i never thought i would do this but for the first time in my life im gonna be a bad sports fan and change teams, i cant stand the knicks( not one single thing about them, unless than can get rose or beasley) ive been a fan since birth, and even when there good i hate them, just how there organization keeps doing the same thing over and over again, it doesnt work i hate them sooooo much

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
TheZherdev

wow a lot of negativity here for the blue and orange huh? Honestly i used to be a pretty big knicks fan until they started to completely suck. But Walsh is the guy that brought the Pacers into respectability. I don't see how he couldnt do the same now with more resources at his disposal. I also like how hes realistic and stated it will take around 3 years to turn the franchise around. It looks like they are finally going to do a rebuild.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 10:34 PM
clemsonRanger

well

if isiah is still here next season im done, lets get mark jackson in here to coach and lets trade everybody we can and just start over please

get d.rose and if we dont get the second or first pick do whatever it takes to move up, we need a new face of the franchise

clemsonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Choice

Cant believe the Knicks have gotten this bad. I guess he cant do much worse than Isiah as team pres. I'm more of a St Johns fan than Knicks bc I like college bball better than NBA but it's gotten ridiculous that there is no good team in NY. How long til the Nets are in Brooklyn?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 11:07 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
knowing msg and dolan i would not be surprised at all if Isiah somehow comes back next season in some capacity.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 12:15 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
wow a lot of negativity here for the blue and orange huh? Honestly i used to be a pretty big knicks fan until they started to completely suck. But Walsh is the guy that brought the Pacers into respectability. I don't see how he couldnt do the same now with more resources at his disposal. I also like how hes realistic and stated it will take around 3 years to turn the franchise around. It looks like they are finally going to do a rebuild.
The only thing about Walsh is that he brought in those guys in the late 80s and early 90s..I'm not sure if he has the same knack for the draft as he did back then.

I hope so though. I love the Knicks. They are miles behind the Rangers obviously (and even the Giants and Yankees), but it's such a drag to see what this team has become. They gave up 130 tonight to the friggin Memphis Grizzlies. I was watching some YouTube videos recently from the mid 90s and as frustrating as those days were losing to the Bulls and Pacers and Heat all the time, at least they were in it. Now the team is just unwatchable.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 06:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Donnie Walsh's vision/plan makes sense.Avoid taking on long term contracts or handing out long term contracts to players who aren't worth the money.That is what Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas did.Walsh wants the Knicks to become players in the free agent market.Not the mid-level exception market of Clarence Weatherspoon,
Jerome James and Jarred Jeffries.After the 2009-10 season,LeBron,Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade becomes UFA's.Looking at the Knicks cap situation,the Knicks will have the cap space and will look to move some of those 10-11 contracts(Eddy Curry,Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford)for more space.Their #1 pick in June should be a good pick.The Knicks are 4th in the race for the most ping pong balls and 1/2 game out of 3rd.Portland was 5th and they won the lottery for Greg Odom.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 06:24 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
Cant believe the Knicks have gotten this bad. I guess he cant do much worse than Isiah as team pres. I'm more of a St Johns fan than Knicks bc I like college bball better than NBA but it's gotten ridiculous that there is no good team in NY. How long til the Nets are in Brooklyn?
They have to build the arena in Brooklyn first.They kept pushing back the start date for the Nets in Brooklyn.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote