Ott's Progression

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2004, 11:01 PM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Ott's Progression

Ott has really come in to his own in the past 10 games or so and is finally producing points to go along with his fiest and effort. He is doing his job of being a pest with great success. Zherdev was completely POed at Ott the whole game following the hit. I see him getting 20-25 points this season and maybe 35 pts next season. The way I see it, Ott has the potential to be even better than Morrow because he can score "skilled" goals and has much better puckhandling skills. If he puts on another 15 lbs and continues to progress, he will be a mega pest that can pot 25 goals a season.

Old
02-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttMorrow
Ott has really come in to his own in the past 10 games or so and is finally producing points to go along with his fiest and effort. He is doing his job of being a pest with great success. Zherdev was completely POed at Ott the whole game following the hit. I see him getting 20-25 points this season and maybe 35 pts next season. The way I see it, Ott has the potential to be even better than Morrow because he can score "skilled" goals and has much better puckhandling skills. If he puts on another 15 lbs and continues to progress, he will be a mega pest that can pot 25 goals a season.
Yeah I have been really impressed with him as well. Hitting like crazy and getting points to go along with it. He does have potential to be a 35 pt man, but he just has to keep playing his game to get there. Keep him with Oliver and Arnott. He seems to be getting lots of points with that line. Good to see.

Old
02-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Fantasywonder

Ott rocks my socks. I've followed the kid ever since his debute with the Spitfires, and believe me, you've seen nothing yet. Ott's offensive capabilities can be a huge force and if given more icetime, he's gonna score, regardless of his linemates. Everywhere he goes, he pisses the opponents off, but Ott's bonus is that he can throw even more salt into the wound by scoring on top of it. He has very underrated offensively skills and will likely be between a 35/60 point producer with a hard nosed, psky two-way style to boot. Heck, the way he can shut down opposing All-Stars could even get him some Selke consideration in the future.

He's very simular to Morrow concerning strenghts (physical, speedy, two-way, defensive/offensive upside, both Captain material) and flaws (size: Morrow 5'11, Ott 185). They only thing that differs one from another has already been mentioned. Morrow is a garbage goalscorer, whereas Ott's hands are better and can score on more ways than one.

A Morrow/Ott LW combo is gonna be a special one..

Old
02-06-2004, 06:15 AM
Starsdude

Reminds me of the hated darcy Tucker

Old
02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Reminds me of the hated darcy Tucker