HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Handheld TV

Old
04-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Delat

vCash: 500
Handheld TV

I am looking for an handheld TV in order to watch the Habs game in the playoffs when I'll be at work and I live near Montreal. I have absolutely no idea where to find one, my last option is to buy one on ebay, but this is really my last option. I want a new one nothing that is refurbished or used. I'm asking help to know if anyone of you know where I can get one, the price doesn't matter as long as it's not over 200$. Normally they cost around 125$.

I heard and read about TV tuner for computers, are they good and do they permit antenna's, are they included with one?

Futureshop sell's one but I don't know a thing about it, is it good?
Link

Thanks for the help!

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:45 PM
guinness
swedish milkmaid

They make TV turner cards for laptops - portable, but not handheld. I've got a TV tuner card in my desktop, and it requires an antenna to be plugged into, or cable connection. Not portable whatsoever.

Not sure about handheld TV's - I would think you'd want one that does HD over air, or whatever it's called.

That USB tuner is like what I'm thinking of, but I have no idea what the video quality would be like.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
They make TV turner cards for laptops - portable, but not handheld. I've got a TV tuner card in my desktop, and it requires an antenna to be plugged into, or cable connection. Not portable whatsoever.

Not sure about handheld TV's - I would think you'd want one that does HD over air, or whatever it's called.

That USB tuner is like what I'm thinking of, but I have no idea what the video quality would be like.
For the handheld TVs I saw one lie this that I may buy on ebay if I don't find anything.

LINK

I am not enough good in computers to put a card in it or anything. I want it simple.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 02:48 PM
BornReady

If you have internet at the office and home, this is the way to go...

Slingbox and you can p/u at Future Shop or Best Buy.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...00&catid=10864

They have a bunch of different models/prices but it works great.

BornReady is offline   Reply With Quote