HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME TAKES: Buffalo gone golfing MTL: 3 Buf:1

Old
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Pax Macioretty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
That's exactly how I see it.
not me, there is absolutely no way Streit goes back forward, it's not his position, one of the reasons why we're so good 5 on 5 right now is because we have another puck moving defensmen, he's about the same impact as Campbell in San Jose, sorry to dissapoint but he is not a forward...

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
What a great performence. The PK was amazing once again and Price is really in his own bubble right now, he's on a mission! I wish the playoffs started tomorrow i can't wait!!!!!

:sc2008:

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:12 PM
ari1160

102 points.
didnt watch the game cause of work but Price was Price again.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:14 PM
x-bob

This team is really looking to good to be true. Everything seems to be clicking right now I can only hope that we play this way in the playoffs. Ièm really hoping we wont choke or else it would be impossible to read HF after with all the '' I told you so's ''

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 10:24 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
A. Kosty - Pleks - Kovy
Higgs - Koivu - S. Kosty
Streit/Latendresse - Lapierre - Ryder/Streit
Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges

scratched: Dandenault, Brisebois, Grabovski, one of Latendresse/Ryder.

That's my playoff lineup prediction. If Koivu can't go, then insert the scratched one between Lats and Ryder.
All i keep seeing is how Bouillon is so overrated here. Streit has to be in the line up, we need him on the PP and hes not doing too bad defensively, OByrne has to stay and Komi is coming back. The 4th line should not be changed, Ryder and Lats should play. Bouillon is the odd man out. Hes not a difference maker and hes not a core player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
not me, there is absolutely no way Streit goes back forward, it's not his position, one of the reasons why we're so good 5 on 5 right now is because we have another puck moving defensmen, he's about the same impact as Campbell in San Jose, sorry to dissapoint but he is not a forward...
Well said and Bouillon should sit. Love his passion, love his effort but 5'8 doesnt bring us much.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-04-2008 at 01:55 AM.
jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Habs8517

nice win by the habs
now we need to ride the momentum for saturday

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Adam91

I love the way the Habs are rounding in to form. Two games in a row excellent defensivly.

Man I love watching the Kosty,Pleks,Kovy line - I could watch them all day long.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
This team is really looking to good to be true. Everything seems to be clicking right now I can only hope that we play this way in the playoffs. Ièm really hoping we wont choke or else it would be impossible to read HF after with all the '' I told you so's ''
Choking? Considering we were supposed to finish around 13th this year, anything that happens in the playoffs is pretty much a bonus.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Corey

Halak has a great seat for viewing all the fun and he doesn't even have to deal with the scalpers.

Anyone think he should be sharing the goaltending with Price from here on in?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
I am really deceived by this game ; i was expecting Price to score his first NHL goal ...

He's saving it for the playoffs.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Lindy doing his best to emulate the team logo, commit to the Buffalo *****es!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:51 AM
les3couleurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Good one, plus your avatar is sick. Bégin looks like an animal going for a prey on the forecheck, he's amazing.

I was at the game and the first two periods were pretty close to perfect.

Defensively we just didn't give them anything. Kudos to O'Byrne for doing well with increased ice time.

The Gorges legend keeps growing, I'm thinking of going for an avatar of him. If he only he could have buried Sergei's amazing pass. Was it actually for Gorges or did it miss D'Agostini. Maybe an avatar of him and Mats Naslund. 26 square.

These games are great to give our depth players ice time in meaningful situations.

Bégin's forecheck coupled with Kostopoulos make Smolinski look so much better. As Dany Dubé says, Bégin directs where the play is going by forechecking hard and the other players just have to follow him by positioning well and it creates problem for the opposition.

Thought our third goal should have been waved off, clearly interference by Kostopoulos. Overall, I thought we were a bit favored by calls tonight. A couple of their penalties, I thought were iffies.

It looked like the Harlem Globetrotters were playing hockey for the Canadiens when Kovalev, Plekanec and Kostitsyn were on the ice. It was insane. The Sabres looked like cones.

Andrei is the player who maybe is less talked about on that line, but he's having a great stretch. I love his physical implication lately. Great hits in the offensive to keep play going. I find he's become amazing playing the slot on the powerplay, the way he turns with the play and he's always either obstructing the goalie's view or keeping his stick blade open for the tap-in.

Loved Dandenault's hustle tonight on the forecheck. I'd keep him in the lineup over Latendresse for the playoffs.

D'Agostini looked alright. Would have liked to see more, but he didn't look out of place in terms of speed or size like Locke did when he played.

Higgins is starting to play really well. Especially on the penalty kill.

Sergei has replaced Saku taking useless penalties. I still love his moxy, but it could cost us in the playoffs.

Price is gigantic and starting to take more liberties to clear the front of his net the few times Hamrlik can't do it on his own. Hamrlik has really been a godsend for that. He's a master at it and will be extremely useful in the playoffs.

Great confidence builder getting to the playoffs.

Watching this team has been a real treat this year.

les3couleurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:00 AM
bipolarhabfan

I am so happy being a Habsfan right now. I only saw the first period and was simply amazed by the team. They gave nothing to Buffalo and the first line were playing around with the Sabres in their own zone. Smolinski and Breisbois have been playing well of late, including tonight. Looking forward to a long Cup run.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
The Sabres radio people were gushing over the Habs team speed and skill. They're saying we are faster than the Sabres of the last two season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Rayne*

Quote:

He so is too.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 03:24 AM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
All i keep seeing is how Bouillon is so overrated here. Streit has to be in the line up, we need him on the PP and hes not doing too bad defensively, OByrne has to stay and Komi is coming back. The 4th line should not be changed, Ryder and Lats should play. Bouillon is the odd man out. Hes not a difference maker and hes not a core player.

Well said and Bouillon should sit. Love his passion, love his effort but 5'8 doesnt bring us much.
What does his height have to do with anything? Boullion is a great asset to have on our last pairing in the playoffs. He brings great mobility, hard nosed defense and is one of our toughest defensemen. If you don't remember, he was our best defender in the Carolina series and he has what it takes in the playoffs. He is also one of our best PKers on defense and can drop the gloves when needed. It is definitely a tough call because Streit needs to be inserted into the lineup somewhere because of his PP strengths.

buddahsmoka1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
are you seriously asking where Komisarek will fit in?
Come on man.. Komi and Markov were starting to suffer..

Gorges and Markov have been MONEY together, i say we replace brisebois with Komi, and try Hamrlik with Komisarek, Bouillon with Obyrne or something

Streit? i dont know..im not the freakin coach.. all i know is, LOL if you think there not gonna put komi back in line up, but HMMM if you want to break up Gorges and markov...

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 04:02 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Maybe it's the all-nighter I'm pulling to finish a report, or maybe it's all the coffee, but I laughed like a monkey when I saw that.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Blades 0f Steel

I could only catch parts of the 2nd, but what dominance from all lines, especially Kovy's!

They were skating circles around the Sabres and it could have been 5-0 before the end of the 2nd.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
What does his height have to do with anything? Boullion is a great asset to have on our last pairing in the playoffs. He brings great mobility, hard nosed defense and is one of our toughest defensemen. If you don't remember, he was our best defender in the Carolina series and he has what it takes in the playoffs. He is also one of our best PKers on defense and can drop the gloves when needed. It is definitely a tough call because Streit needs to be inserted into the lineup somewhere because of his PP strengths.
This the way i see it. I love how Higgins has been playing at center, i would leave him there. On defence my point was that all the guy in this line up i just posted bring something this team needs. Bouillon is a great worker but im tired to see him struggle in the corners against bigger players and not be able to get the puck out and i dont see a spot for him when everybody is healthy.

A.Kost-Pleks-Kovy
S.Kost.-Koivu-Ryder
Lats-Higgins-Lapierre
Begin-Smoke-Kosto/Dandenault

Markov-Komi
Hammer-Gorges
Streit-OByrne

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Netro

What lineup do put out sat nite vs the Leafs? Better yet, who do you sit?

I say start Halak and consider resting Kovalev and Markov.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 08:11 AM
VaSabresFan

Well, I am mad at you now but I will get over it. I can't say I will be "rooting" for you, because I don't "root" for any team that isn't Buffalo. But if there is one team I would like to see win it all, since obviously it won;t be Buffalo, it's the Habs.

VaSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
What lineup do put out sat nite vs the Leafs? Better yet, who do you sit?

I say start Halak and consider resting Kovalev and Markov.
Carbo has already stated the Price will be in goals and that he wouldnt scratch anyone in the lineup.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Chomsky

O'byrne is playing some solid hockey lately, he's playing like a vet.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote