HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

how many spots do you move up in the draft by trading __________

Old
04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
TheHotRock

vCash: 500
how many spots do you move up in the draft by trading __________

let me preface this by saying I love all 3 of the following players, but i believe that having all of them on the team is redundant.

anyway,let's s ay we get a pick in the 18-22 range, how many spots do you move up by trading

a)prucha
b)callahan
c)dawes
?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
It was painful to watch Prucha play tonight.. even with increased ice time his offensive game is just either so rusty, or completely gone. his value has got to be pretty low right now.. especially at over $1mil.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:38 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
It was painful to watch Prucha play tonight.. even with increased ice time his offensive game is just either so rusty, or completely gone. his value has got to be pretty low right now.. especially at over $1mil.
I actually thought he played a good game. He seems to be trying to do too much. His speed on that break was awesome, but instead of shooting he tried to toe drag the puck and couldn't because he got hit. Then Gomez made a nice pass to him but it was behind him so he tried to kick it to his stick and missed. Lots of energy, lots of speed. My opinion is that the Avery-Gomez-Prucha line looked good.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:42 AM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I actually thought he played a good game. He seems to be trying to do too much. His speed on that break was awesome, but instead of shooting he tried to toe drag the puck and couldn't because he got hit. Then Gomez made a nice pass to him but it was behind him so he tried to kick it to his stick and missed. Lots of energy, lots of speed. My opinion is that the Avery-Gomez-Prucha line looked good.
Agreed.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:57 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

rusty + needs some confidence.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:04 AM
avery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
are you serious? i think sean avery is a guy that should worry you more.. honestly how many bad passes is this guy going to make, something has happened with his game, and he is changing it for the bad.. prucha on the other hand, i cant figure out all the hate on this forum for the guy.. works his ****ing tail off every shift.. do you expect him to miss 16 straight games and then come back and score every game? he tries, he tries really hard, the offense will come..

avery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 02:10 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery16 View Post
are you serious? i think sean avery is a guy that should worry you more.. honestly how many bad passes is this guy going to make, something has happened with his game, and he is changing it for the bad.. prucha on the other hand, i cant figure out all the hate on this forum for the guy.. works his ****ing tail off every shift.. do you expect him to miss 16 straight games and then come back and score every game? he tries, he tries really hard, the offense will come..
Thank you.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 03:22 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery16 View Post
Totally agreed on Prucha. I honestly think Prucha even when not scoring is producing. Hes such a tenacious forechecker. I too dont understand all the hate for prucha. Even before this season, even though he had 50 goals over 2 seasons he seemed to be on a lot of people's bad side. Now that hes having one bad season everyone is just ganging up on him. Trust me, when jagr shanny straka are all gone, Prucha will be needed more than ever.

Also since coming back from his 16 game layoff his game seems to be much better. He looks rejuvenated. And I also believe you can plug him into anyline of the bottom 3 lines and he will be effective in that role. I really hope Renney goes with a Sjostrom-Betts-Prucha 4th line for the playoffs.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 04:49 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
let me preface this by saying I love all 3 of the following players, but i believe that having all of them on the team is redundant.

anyway,let's s ay we get a pick in the 18-22 range, how many spots do you move up by trading

a)prucha
b)callahan
c)dawes
?

Give up known commodities just to trade up for a crap-shoot? No thanks. I prefer to trade one of them for other prospects with attributes they don't bring to the table, mainly size, and maybe expand the trade to include additional picks. There's enough depth this year that you'll get a good player. JMO

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 05:24 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Most GM's see this draft as being 7 to 10 players deep and then there is a "fall off"' of talent. That meaning the players are still solid but probably don't have that star or top end potential. It might be very difficult to trade up into the 1-10 range if all the GM's in that range see the draft as being 10 players deep.

I don't know about you though, but i'm hoping the Rangers are picking at #30 this year .

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 08:10 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Most GM's see this draft as being 7 to 10 players deep and then there is a "fall off"' of talent. That meaning the players are still solid but probably don't have that star or top end potential. It might be very difficult to trade up into the 1-10 range if all the GM's in that range see the draft as being 10 players deep.

I don't know about you though, but i'm hoping the Rangers are picking at #30 this year .
I've heard that, but I hear that almost every other year as well. This draft is supposively the deepest in years... not saying that's necessarily true, but that seems to be the general consensus. I'm with you though, I'll take that #30 pick!

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Also, have to remember that the NHL has changed it's seeding. The final four teams regardless of points will pick last. So, if Dertoit get's knocked out in the first round and Nashville goes to the semis, the Wings pick ahead of the Preds. I'm almost sure that's how it works.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 08:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

a)prucha
b)callahan
c)dawes
?
Why would the Ranger want to move Callahan or Dawes? And certainly not to move up in the draft. I don't like the idea of trading proven young NHL players for a guy who may or may not be better than either one of them. And Prucha doesn't have much value and probably not enough to move up in the draft.

04-04-2008, 09:08 AM
TheHotRock

how many people who responded to this thread did well on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT?

not one of you answered the question

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 09:10 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
how many people who responded to this thread did well on the reading comprehension portion of the SAT?

Well seeing how we're dealing with so many hypotheticals, there's really no answer to your question. I did fine on both sections of the SAT, thanks.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Give up known commodities just to trade up for a crap-shoot? No thanks. I prefer to trade one of them for other prospects with attributes they don't bring to the table, mainly size, and maybe expand the trade to include additional picks. There's enough depth this year that you'll get a good player. JMO
i would want to want to give up any of the dawes and cally are haveing great yrs and i have faith next yr prucha will pick it up there will be a spot for him full time he will be back to his old self with big goal tally's

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:

The answer to the question depends on how highly the GM of the teams with high picks values what we're offering. It's not a scientific process. The GM holding the 6th spot might have no interest in swapping picks + getting any of those 3 guys, while the GM holding the 5th pick might swap picks in exchange for any of them, plus be willing to send a later round pick back too.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 09:38 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

Well there is no way of knowing where the Rangers will be picking as draft positions for playoff teams depends on how well the team does in the playoffs. Even if the Rangers finish in the 18-22 range, I don't see a team in the top 10 taking Dawes or Callahan and our first for their first. I don't think the rangers should even offer the deal in the first place. I don't see any team being able to move up into the top 10 without offering a lot, and it is not worth it from a Rangers point of view as they have proven players already and really don't have the luxury to wait 3 years for the player that is drafted to develop.

I mean the Rangers have great organizational depth, but they do not have a player than will be able to step into a 2nd line winger role next season like Dawes is gong to be doing (and is doing right now). The Rangers could pull someone from the UFA market, but I think that would be a step backwards in development of this organization. Callahan is more replacable but one does not know how the replacement will play at the NHL level (Plus I def. think that a GM w/ a top 10 pick would NOT deal their first for ours and Callahan).

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

a)prucha
b)callahan
c)dawes
?
I'm sorry but Callahan shouldnt even be on that list to begin with because he has by far been one of our best players since the all star break. He's not going anywhere.

And its almost the same case for Dawes.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post

Yea I thought Peter Puck looked pretty good too.

Loved that hustle on the break.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

there is no way we should trade cally or dawes.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote