HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT - Outch, Alfredsson and Fisher injured

Old
04-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Trexim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Don't know, didn't watch the game. I'm sure they did cause we cheer also when players get flattened.
Not when he's down and hurt on the ice. At least I hope not.

Trexim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:35 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexim View Post
Not when he's down and hurt on the ice. At least I hope not.
I'm sure they weren't cheering for 2 minutes if he was on the ice for that long, i doubt any fan would.

HabsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:35 PM
ari1160

it looks like an elbow only because alfy had his head down.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Stradale

Dont care if thats legal or not, thats a ****ing cheapshot. An attempt to injure is not legal. And again, the problem is the ****ing league, allowing these kind of late hit to the head. Its not that hard to ban these hit, 15 games automatic and it will slowly disappear. I know, at this time, that hit might be called legal, but this needs to change.

I hate to see hits like this and im not even a fan of Alfredsson.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:40 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Dont care if thats legal or not, thats a ****ing cheapshot. An attempt to injure is not legal. And again, the problem is the ****ing league, allowing these kind of late hit to the head. Its not that hard to ban these hit, 15 games automatic and it will slowly disappear. I know, at this time, that hit might be called legal, but this needs to change.

I hate to see hits like this and im not even a fan of Alfredsson.
Stevens would've never played more than 10 games a season. Thisisn't ballet, it's hockey.

Old
04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Sens fans complain that the ACC fans cheered when Alfredsson was down on the ice. Is that true?
I was watching the game. There was the initial cheer for the big hit, but it's pretty much what you'd usually get from a normal open ice hit. When they figured out it was Alfredsson hurt on the ice, they cheered even louder, then when he got up and went to the bench, they boo'ed him as he got off. It's like they wanted to see him go on a stretcher.

Bell's hit was legal, but it was just not a cool thing to do. I could say penalty would have been reasonable, maybe for something like a hit from behind, but suspension I doubt it. What really bugs me is the reaction from Leafs fans.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:47 PM
KostyBrosFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
I was watching the game. There was the initial cheer for the big hit, but it's pretty much what you'd usually get from a normal open ice hit. When they figured out it was Alfredsson hurt on the ice, they cheered even louder, then when he got up and went to the bench, they boo'ed him as he got off. It's like they wanted to see him go on a stretcher.

Bell's hit was legal, but it was just not a cool thing to do. I could say penalty would have been reasonable, maybe for something like a hit from behind, but suspension I doubt it. What really bugs me is the reaction from Leafs fans.
i guess those leafs fans have nothing better to cheer for

KostyBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:48 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:

Wow that's just classless, i would've cheered the initial cheer but that's about it.

Leafs Fans

Old
04-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Kachino

Quote:

That's hate to the maximum level...You never want somebody to seriously get hurt... Hey what can you expect from them? They are out of the playoffs, I guess that's the only they could cheer from now on since they have nothing to look for except golf courses.

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Damn I feel really bad for the Sens and their fans.

I actually do.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Im sure the Habs want home ice, so you play everyone who's healthy.
And I'm sure the Habs already have home ice.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Stevens would've never played more than 10 games a season. Thisisn't ballet, it's hockey.
Seriously, what would it change to the game if they ban hit to the head? Tell me. Bell could have hit Alfredsson with a good body check, but no, he chose to lift his elbow up and aim Alfredsson head. Of course, thats legal, since Alfredsson shoot the puck and got hit less than 2 seconds after so that a great heat, give credits to Bell, and Alfie gets a concussion, thats his fault.

Why not just ban these kind of hit? I dont understand. It will not affect the game and the most talented player will play with more ease because they are not worried about some cheapshopper hit them in the head after a shot or pass.

Yeah i know its hockey, a very physical game but nobody in these world can take a elbow to the head even with a helmet. Thats like letting the boxers hit his opponent on the crotch just because its boxing, you have to protect the athlete.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:28 AM
MuffinMan*

Quote:
Sens fans complain that the ACC fans cheered when Alfredsson was down on the ice. Is that true?
It was honestly one of the most disgusting, pathetic things I've seen in hockey. The crowd cheered because it was a big hit. Fine. Alfie lying on the ice in obvious pain, cheering gets louder. Trainer comes out to see Alfie, cheering gets louder. Alfie eventually gets up (on his own) and the crowd starts to BOO because he is alright.

I know Sens and Habs fan don't always get along, but I know that fans in Montreal would never do something so gutless and classless. Goodluck in the playoffs

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
With Leafs announcers and him crawling.

I don't really hate the Leafs that much. But if they do something like this on Saturday...

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Erika

God I hate this freakinn Mark Bell !!

I hope he gets Fu**ed in jail !! What a punk !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:10 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And I'm sure the Habs already have home ice.
Pitts still has home ice before us

Last edited by HabsHockey: 04-04-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old
04-04-2008, 01:20 AM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Leaf fans are dead to me. Cheering an injury is f-in' pathetic. Booing because he wasn't taken off in a stretcher? Disgusting.

May their team golf in april for the next 10 years!

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:20 AM
HabsPack

A definite elbow, he should definitely be suspended for the final game in Mtl.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I can't believe Gainey foresaw this and called up Stewart just in case.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Habs have guaranteed home ice for 2 rounds.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Just because he caught him with his head down doesn't mean it's illegal.
The elbow was obvious just watch the replay again.
I wonder if you'd feel the same if this was Kovalev and not Alfie.

This is a weak move. Not only because of elbows, but you don't have to completely kill the opponent because he has his head down.
What's up with hitting players with their heads down anyways??..you can give him a little bump, but making sure he'll need help getting back up after the hit is ridiculous.
I don't get it, players turn their back and face the boards when they see someone coming in. Yet players will be penalized if they check them from behind because the other players are vulnerable, even if they put themselves in that position.
So why should it be any different with destroying a player with his head down?..

If they want to minimize the head injuries, then don't allow head shots.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Preeat

Send a message via MSN to Preeat
Watch out for that Bell, and the rest of the Leafs for that matter. Tucker for some reason was barking at Heatley between the penalty boxes and telling Heatley to watch out for his knees and he was going to "rip it(knee) right off". I personally think the hit was clean. I can't say it was dirty because Neil dished out one to Drury last year which is VERY similar to this one. It's gonna be tough without our heart and soul but we gotta do it, no other choice.

What really bothered me about Bell was that he just hid behind his cage the entire game. He knows nobody is gonna do anything to him because they'll be suspended if they try to rip his cage off and beat the **** out of his face. Later on in the game he blatantly tripped Redden who smashed into the boards. He wasn't even close to putting his stick near Redden's or even the puck, he just stuck his stick right in between Redden's feet. And then Bell just stood around knowing nothing would happen to him. Neil wanted to fight him, he grabbed him but obviously there is no point because of that full facemask.

Preeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Pittsburgh will be knocked out by Washington anyways

Old
04-04-2008, 01:49 AM
HabsHockey

Attachment 27401

Red is elbow

Black is impact zone

Monster is pooping and punching Leafs players

Last edited by HabsHockey: 11-25-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old
04-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Attachment 27401

Red is elbow

Black is impact zone

Monster is pooping and punching Leafs players
Monster should be pooping on you..its a clear and obvious elbow.