HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

That Bob Hartley hasn't got a clue...

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2004, 05:49 AM
LondonFan

vCash: 500
That Bob Hartley hasn't got a clue...

(quoted from tsn article)

Serge Aubin had a goal for the Thrashers, winless in eight games. Ilya Kovalchuk, voted a starter in Sunday's All-Star game, was benched in the second period after his turnover led to Gagne's goal.

``The only way to keep players accountable is ice time,'' Atlanta coach Bob Hartley said. ``Ice time is the biggest reward and sometimes it's the biggest punishment.''

My goodness, hasn't he heard? The biggest reward is a big fat pay check, and the only way to keep the players accountable is to...erm....errr....give them more money?

Old
02-06-2004, 08:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
(quoted from tsn article)

Serge Aubin had a goal for the Thrashers, winless in eight games. Ilya Kovalchuk, voted a starter in Sunday's All-Star game, was benched in the second period after his turnover led to Gagne's goal.

``The only way to keep players accountable is ice time,'' Atlanta coach Bob Hartley said. ``Ice time is the biggest reward and sometimes it's the biggest punishment.''

My goodness, hasn't he heard? The biggest reward is a big fat pay check, and the only way to keep the players accountable is to...erm....errr....give them more money?
Pshaw. Big deal. Sather constantly benches his best young players!

02-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Barnaby

I wanted Hartly last year wen he was fired...... I just wish Sather would have acted quicker!!! We could have used a guy like that.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:54 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I wanted Hartly last year wen he was fired...... I just wish Sather would have acted quicker!!! We could have used a guy like that.
WE, yes. Jackass has no use for a coach who preaches defense, installs the trap, and benches star players for either mistakes or not performing. Oh, and apparently thinks that the way to get better is through practice.

Old
02-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
and apparently thinks that the way to get better is through practice.
What an idiot!! Anyone who's anyone knows that NHL players don't need practice anymore!!!

Closed Thread