HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Blake

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2004, 10:39 AM
mommyslittlemonster

vCash:
Jason Blake

Did anybody see the spear that little rat blake put on markov last night.Somebody has 2 put this Bit#$ in his place and soon.Also was anybody listening 2 the islanders broadcasters lastnight these guys were brutal I have never heard 2 commentators so bias towards a team in my life.I almost hate the islanders more then the leafs.

Old
02-06-2004, 10:41 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyslittlemonster
Did anybody see the spear that little rat blake put on markov last night.Somebody has 2 put this Bit#$ in his place and soon.Also was anybody listening 2 the islanders broadcasters lastnight these guys were brutal I have never heard 2 commentators so bias towards a team in my life.I almost hate the islanders more then the leafs.
Saw the spear... hopefully Colin Campbell was watching!

Old
02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
6 String Benny

Hope someone cripples him on the last game of the season-I have him in my pool....

Old
02-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Guy Caballero

The spear was bad, but it wasn't that vicious. Not worthy of a suspension, imo.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 String Benny
Hope someone cripples him on the last game of the season-I have him in my pool....
if it happened against the leafs there would be a suspension already

Old
02-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
The spear was bad, but it wasn't that vicious. Not worthy of a suspension, imo.
Any spearing deserves a suspension, bottom line.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
if it happened against the leafs there would be a suspension already
You're quite wrong. Blake was the one who hit Tucker in the eye with his stick, and he was neither penalized not suspended.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyslittlemonster
I beg to differ. You're referring to the Islanders' color commentator, Joe Micheletti? He's one of the most objective broadcasters and he knows what he's talking about. He's a lot better than his CBC/HNIC/TSN/RDS counterparts.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
You're quite wrong. Blake was the one who hit Tucker in the eye with his stick, and he was neither penalized not suspended.
What a stupid comparison. Blake's high stick on Tucker was obviously unintentional. Players get suspended for deliberate attempts to injure, not for accidents. The spear on Markov was an attempt to injure and it should be followed up with a 1 or 2 game suspension.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
What a stupid comparison. Blake's high stick on Tucker was obviously unintentional. Players get suspended for deliberate attempts to injure, not for accidents. The spear on Markov was an attempt to injure and it should be followed up with a 1 or 2 game suspension.
How can you be sure it was an attempt to injure?

Old
02-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=Estimated_Prophet]What a stupid comparison. Blake's high stick on Tucker was obviously unintentional. Players get suspended for deliberate attempts to injure, not for accidents. The spear on Markov was an attempt to injure and it should be followed up with a 1 or 2 game suspension.[/QUOTE

the lead over the islanders could get bigger on tuesday. we play florida while they play colorado.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Sonik

Quote:
How can you be sure it was an attempt to injure?
When you spear someone, it's not to get him out of the play, to prevent him to get the puck, ...

You spear someone to hurt him. What else! :mad:

Old
02-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
When you spear someone, it's not to get him out of the play, to prevent him to get the puck, ...

Why would Blake want to hurt Markov? Was something going on between them? Is Blake one of the NHL's penalty leaders? Does he have a reputation like Marchment's?

Old
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Why would Blake want to hurt Markov? Was something going on between them? Is Blake one of the NHL's penalty leaders? Does he have a reputation like Marchment's?
You don't have to be a goon to spear someone. In fact, when you're small like Blake is, it's the only sure way to get someone out of the game. When you're bigger, a legal shoulder gets the job done.

Blake was upset by a Markov check. When you're upset, you do dumb things.

No need of a reputation to do cheap shots.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik

Hard to argue with that, but it still doesn't mean that you want to injure him. A punch to the face falls into the same category. It has nothing to do with knocking someone off the puck, but usually the guy doing the punching doesn't intend to take his opponent out of the game - just make him feel a little pain. Blake is a weasel for using the stick instead of his fist. He wanted revenge, but he didn't want the two minutes (or the fisticuffs that would have ensued). I think there will be one or two habs looking for payback next time they meet.

I nominate big number 8.

Last edited by Guy Caballero: 02-06-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Closed Thread