HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Organizational Rank per HF: #8

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Matt Foley*

vCash: 500
CBJ Organizational Rank per HF: #8

An increase of 17 places over last year.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6662

I hope our guys prove HF right.

Old
02-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Count the Cash
Goalie Depth

Not too bad...seeing as Nash somehow wasn't sent back to London.

I'm scratching my head at seeing Edmonton at #3 while a team like the Preds (loaded with better d-men prospects, IMO) doesn't crack the top-10.

Old
02-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count the Cash

I'm scratching my head at seeing Edmonton at #3 while a team like the Preds (loaded with better d-men prospects, IMO) doesn't crack the top-10.

Nashville and Edmonton both have terrific blueliners in their respective systems but take a look up front and the differences are obvious.

Old
02-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 625
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Nashville and Edmonton both have terrific blueliners in their respective systems but take a look up front and the differences are obvious.
You'll forgive us if we overestimate the talent of Nashville's forwards. They'd be Hall-of-Famers if they played against Columbus all the time.

Check out David Legwand's and and Scott Walker's career stats versus Columbus for a small sampling.

Old
02-06-2004, 01:57 PM
CBJSlash

I feel like we have top 5 young talent in the league, but I don't feel like the prospects in our system should be top 10. It's kind of stupid that Zherdev still counts since he will be playing the rest of the year. I love our prospects, but I think we may be slightly over rated. If it was a list of teams with talent 23 or younger, I'd think we would make a case to be number 1.

Old
02-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
IMO New Jersey is too high.

Wheres LA?

Old
02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count the Cash

Hockey's future doesn't cover Nashville.

Old
02-06-2004, 02:51 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash
I feel like we have top 5 young talent in the league, but I don't feel like the prospects in our system should be top 10. It's kind of stupid that Zherdev still counts since he will be playing the rest of the year. I love our prospects, but I think we may be slightly over rated. If it was a list of teams with talent 23 or younger, I'd think we would make a case to be number 1.
My thoughts, exactly.

Old
02-06-2004, 08:22 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Really? I see Edmonton as having some of the most overrated prospects in all of HF. I think you stick too slavishly to the rating system. Using this system, an 8th rounder can be rated a 8.0 only moments after being passed over 200 times.

Upshall and Suter are better than anyone Edmonton has. Players like Niinimaki are rated way too high. He was drafted almost 10 spots behind Upshall for a reason.

Players like Poilot are rated as high as players like Suter and Upshall.

Unfortunately, if player A is drafted by Edmonton at B spot. They will get an XX rating. If player A is drafted by Nashville at B spot, they will get a (XX - 1) rating.

I know you love Edmonton and all, but when you stack them up against Nashville, they come out on top in only one place and that's HF rankings. That has more to do with the fact that you rank Edmonton prospects very highly and our page fails to include even one of our best prospects. Example, Deslauriers is an 8. The goalie drafted 7 spots later is a 6.5. I think you (and a few others) give Edmonton prospects the benefit of the doubt. It's all well and good, but pages like Nashvilles do no such thing. So it appears as though Edmonton has better prospects.

And Nashville has a better defensive core.

Old
02-07-2004, 09:50 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Really? I see Edmonton as having some of the most overrated prospects in all of HF. I think you stick too slavishly to the rating system. Using this system, an 8th rounder can be rated a 8.0 only moments after being passed over 200 times.

Upshall and Suter are better than anyone Edmonton has. Players like Niinimaki are rated way too high. He was drafted almost 10 spots behind Upshall for a reason.

Players like Poilot are rated as high as players like Suter and Upshall.

Unfortunately, if player A is drafted by Edmonton at B spot. They will get an XX rating. If player A is drafted by Nashville at B spot, they will get a (XX - 1) rating.

I know you love Edmonton and all, but when you stack them up against Nashville, they come out on top in only one place and that's HF rankings. That has more to do with the fact that you rank Edmonton prospects very highly and our page fails to include even one of our best prospects. Example, Deslauriers is an 8. The goalie drafted 7 spots later is a 6.5. I think you (and a few others) give Edmonton prospects the benefit of the doubt. It's all well and good, but pages like Nashvilles do no such thing. So it appears as though Edmonton has better prospects.

And Nashville has a better defensive core.
agreed

Closed Thread