HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Article (La Presse) About Max Pac being maybe ready for Pros

Old
04-05-2008, 11:16 AM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Article (La Presse) About Max Pac being maybe ready for Pros

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

Unfortunantly I don't have to translate it...but the major idea of the article is to speculate on if Max Pacioretty will sign a pro contract at the end of the year. Trevor Timmins thinks that physically he is ready but that they won't discuss it till his season (Frozen Four) is over. He will discuss it with Bob Gainey and make a decision. TT also goes onto say that he has improved so much over the last three years and every time he moves up a level, he responds extremely well.

The article also discusses a few other 2007 draft picks. They say that McDonagh should stay another year in College, but thats its normal because he is younger then MaxPac. He also talks about how our two young defenceman (PK and Weber) are doing EXTREMELY well in the OHL playoffs and how PK has improved leaps and bounds in his defence compared to last year.

Last edited by FrankMTL: 04-05-2008 at 11:23 AM.
FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:19 AM
bipolarhabfan

Sounds good. He may leap to the AHL next season, get a cup of coffee in 08-09, and be a permanent part of the team in 09-10.

In the next few seasons, there will be an intense competition for roster spots. It will be a positive for the Habs because players will know that if they do not produce another will be ready to take their spot.

bipolarhabfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:23 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

Unfortunantly I don't have to translate it...but the major idea of the article is to speculate on if Max Pacioretty will sign a pro contract at the end of the year. Trevor Timmins thinks that physically he is ready but that they won't discuss it till his season (Frozen Four) is over. He will discuss it with Bob Gainey and make a decision. TT also goes onto say that he has improved so much over the last three years and every time he moves up a level, he responds extremely well.

The article also discusses a few other 2007 draft picks. They say that McDonagh should stay another year in College, but thats its normal because he is younger then MaxPac. He also talks about how are two young defenceman (PK and Weber) in the OHL playoffs are doing EXTREMELY well and how PK has improved leaps and bounds in his defence compared to last year.
Good article, nothing to surprising to me, he'll play in hamilton next year imo.

But...

Way to not talk about Maxwell, White and Fischer!

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I can't wait. It would have been nice to maybe sign him to a try out contract, but I hope he does well in the Frozen four and possibly wins it.

Can't wait to see where we draft and the possible players we might get. Trevor Timmins and other scouts have done an excellent job.

The trade of Rivet for Gorges and a first seems better and better everyday.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:30 AM
dzd ncnfzd

A log-jam in the near future!!

lots of trade bait for filling in ("perceived") holes if we have them...

The future surely looks good!!!

dzd ncnfzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
I still think we should keep him at Michigan one more year so he can be THE best offensive player there with Porter and Kolarik graduating. Anyone with me?

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 11:48 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I still think we should keep him at Michigan one more year so he can be THE best offensive player there with Porter and Kolarik graduating. Anyone with me?
Nope, not at all.

Maxwell is signed in Hamilton, it would be much better for Maxpac to start playing 80 games with him.

Old
04-05-2008, 11:50 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Nah.

He's physically ready, he's offensively capable.

I wanna see him play 80 games, get used to that. Be an offensive leader in Hamilton and be physical there. NCAA getting suspended for fighting is not going to be useful.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:15 PM
kostitsyn1489

Good news for sure. I dont think it's a surprise for anybody. I'm happy that he'll have the chance to compete with just about any other player at the real camp, will he make it to the final 2-3? Prolly not because their decision is probably in a big part made on he's starting the season in Hamilton, but he'll get a shot at some pre-season game and will have the chance to show what he can do.

And no I dont think it's better for him to stay in NCAA especially if Michigan win it all this year, it'll be good for him to move up a level and play with Habs player. Hamilton will have quite the team next year. You add basically a 5 man unit beside him with Weber Paquet Maxwell White and Wyman coming to the team. Wyman already did, but he didnt really have an impact as it was too late in the season. So they gonna be pretty good next season I beleive plus he'll play more games and the environement he is in will be a bit more controlled. Also Ben Maxwell is surely a guy I would see him play with for a long time, both are good at both end good skater and everything, they bring different thing in the offensive zone, but they could fit together pretty well I think.

That said, I'd like Montreal Canadiens to let him play at the WJC next year as it would be a great experience for him.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:26 PM
marcolino

this is really somethign else ... honestly to think rivet got us this jewel and hes ranked as the next dominant power forward for the habs and prolly the north east division is just scary... with these big bodies on wings who the hell needs a big center lol unless someone comes out fo nowhere he will be somehting else and i hope to see him on a line with maxwell and wyman wow thats scary and the backend with weber and carle paacque and valentenko .... GOD HELP HAMITLON there gunna be good next year with all these character players

marcolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:27 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Good news for sure. I dont think it's a surprise for anybody. I'm happy that he'll have the chance to compete with just about any other player at the real camp, will he make it to the final 2-3? Prolly not because their decision is probably in a big part made on he's starting the season in Hamilton, but he'll get a shot at some pre-season game and will have the chance to show what he can do.

And no I dont think it's better for him to stay in NCAA especially if Michigan win it all this year, it'll be good for him to move up a level and play with Habs player. Hamilton will have quite the team next year. You add basically a 5 man unit beside him with Weber Paquet Maxwell White and Wyman coming to the team. Wyman already did, but he didnt really have an impact as it was too late in the season. So they gonna be pretty good next season I beleive plus he'll play more games and the environement he is in will be a bit more controlled. Also Ben Maxwell is surely a guy I would see him play with for a long time, both are good at both end good skater and everything, they bring different thing in the offensive zone, but they could fit together pretty well I think.

That said, I'd like Montreal Canadiens to let him play at the WJC next year as it would be a great experience for him.

He'll be too old to play in the WJC next year...too bad he was hurt most of the tournamant this year.

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:32 PM
kostitsyn1489

Yea by about 40 days... I thought he was early 89. Yeah then he really doesnt have anything to in NCAA anymore.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

I have to admit I did not know he turns 20 in November, that changes things a bit. I thought he would be 19 for the whole season. Any CHL top prospect would be joining the AHL if he was in the same age (turning 20 in the fall) so it's definitely reasonable for a NCAA top prospect to do the same.

Old
04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

I can't wait to see him with the Habs next year, assuming he wants to turn pro. Not saying he'll play 82 games but I would expect him to see some games. Should be a lot of fun to see what he can do at the next level. Since Price and Kostitsyn have graduated, Pac is now our #1 prospect imo, so I hope to see him sign soon.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
SOLR

Quote:
I have to admit I did not know he turns 20 in November, that changes things a bit. I thought he would be 19 for the whole season. Any CHL top prospect would be joining the AHL if he was in the same age (turning 20 in the fall) so it's definitely reasonable for a NCAA top prospect to do the same.
But it's not about an age promotion, hes just ready imo.

Have you seen him play this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I can't wait to see him with the Habs next year, assuming he wants to turn pro. Not saying he'll play 82 games but I would expect him to see some games. Should be a lot of fun to see what he can do at the next level. Since Price and Kostitsyn have graduated, Pac is now our #1 prospect imo, so I hope to see him sign soon.
I feel the same about him.

Old
04-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Evil Ted

If Latendresse is ready for the pros then Max is for sure, starting him off in Hamilton is probably best idea there wont be many spots next season avalible with the big club for a rookie, he needs pro icetime.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
This is only from what I read so my opinion is really bogus but, from what I know I like to think that Maxwell will actually be a very good player in the future, maybe more than MaxPac. Maybe I am saying this only because Ben is a centerman?

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post

Have you seen him play this year?
Just at the WJC when he was injured...not at Michigan.

Old
04-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Our youth is looking so good it's scary

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 12:55 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
This is only from what I read so my opinion is really bogus but, from what I know I like to think that Maxwell will actually be a very good player in the future, maybe more than MaxPac. Maybe I am saying this only because Ben is a centerman?
Maxwell has impressive offensive skills to go with his skating and speed but for me I want to see how he handles himself at the pro level. I think he's a really solid prospect for us, but he plays a passive style that I have to wonder how it will translate to the pros. Really want to see him in Hamilton next year. Certainly we have some very interesting prospects looking to turn pro next year with Maxwell, White, Weber and hopefully Pacioretty, then add Wyman and Trotter who will play their first full season in the ahl. I also look forward to seeing if Aubin can move up to Hamilton full time, after being so good in the Q and he's having a good year in the ECHL, but we need to see him do it in the AHL next.

If Maxwell turns out better then Pacioretty, all the better for us, cause I think very very highly of Pacioretty, not so much for his offensive skills, but for the way he plays.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Kachino

Send a message via MSN to Kachino
Awesome news... Hope he plays a full season next year @ Hamilton and creates some chemistry with the other Canadiens' prospects. It's unbelievable how we as Canadiens' fan are excited with the current line-up and also with the projected line-up in 1-3 years...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Our youth is looking so good it's scary
For other teams!

I feel happy.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachino82 View Post
Awesome news... Hope he plays a full season next year @ Hamilton and creates some chemistry with the other Canadiens' prospects. It's unbelievable how we as Canadiens' fan are excited with the current line-up and also with the projected line-up in 1-3 years...
Our line-up in 1-3 years?

GOD - GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD - GOD

GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD

GOD
GOD

Old
04-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Our line-up in 1-3 years?

GOD - GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD - GOD

GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD
GOD - GOD

GOD
GOD
No Jesus Price?

Old
04-05-2008, 01:19 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
No Jesus Price?

My best guess honestly.. without UFA's and 08 picks obviously.

Scoring line..
S. Kost - Maxwell - A. Kost

Two-way second line
Higgins - Plekanec - D'Agostini

Third line physical hell with scoring upside
Pacioretty - Chipchura - Latendresse.