HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen for the Sedin twins ?

Old
04-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Kaptah

vCash: 500
Jokinen for the Sedin twins ?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._rumors_1.html

"Lebrun reported a month or so ago that Martin had a discussion with Vancouver GM Dave Nonis about dealing Jokinen for the Sedin twins but that Nonis wasn’t interested. He said the Canucks still have a keen interest in the Florida center, and after Vancouver failed to make the playoffs, the pressure has turned up to acquire a No. 1 center."

Kaptah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptah View Post
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._rumors_1.html

"Lebrun reported a month or so ago that Martin had a discussion with Vancouver GM Dave Nonis about dealing Jokinen for the Sedin twins but that Nonis wasn’t interested. He said the Canucks still have a keen interest in the Florida center, and after Vancouver failed to make the playoffs, the pressure has turned up to acquire a No. 1 center."
No way would Vancouver deal both Sedin's for Jokinen. I would take that trade and run laughing away to the bank.

And who says that Henrik isn't a No.1 center anyway?

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Montsy14

This isn't going to happen unless Olesz goes with Jokinen. There is no way that Van does Sedins for Jokinen straight up....

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
This isn't going to happen unless Olesz goes with Jokinen. There is no way that Van does Sedins for Jokinen straight up....
Well, you don't trade one Sedin twin without trading trading the other also so I can see them both going in a trade, just not for Jokinen alone. I would do Jokinen and Olesz for the Sedins but I don't think Vancouver would. Vancouver would ask for Jokinen and Horton and if JM is still around, which is highly doubtful, and still determined to deal Jokinen he might make that deal since Horton is so close to Jokinen and undoubtably would be upset with Martin trading him. Again, it's a lot easier to get rid of Martin than getting rid of the players Martin is upset with and who don't like him.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:41 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Well, you don't trade one Sedin twin without trading trading the other also so I can see them both going in a trade, just not for Jokinen alone. I would do Jokinen and Olesz for the Sedins but I don't think Vancouver would. Vancouver would ask for Jokinen and Horton and if JM is still around, which is highly doubtful, and still determined to deal Jokinen he might make that deal since Horton is so close to Jokinen and undoubtably would be upset with Martin trading him. Again, it's a lot easier to get rid of Martin than getting rid of the players Martin is upset with and who don't like him.
I enjoy seeing my best friend, but im not upset that i haven't seen him in 2 months. Hockey players are professionals, not trading somebody because it may upset a fellow team member is ridiculous. Also assuming Horton is still dating Tammy Plante, why the hell would he care about anything else in life other than having a little touchy touchy?

Whilst JM is here, i doubt Olesz gets traded. Vancouver needs scoring, so it makes little sense to offload the Sedin's, unless we add another offensive weapon with OJ. The only guys who even remotely fit that category are Booth, Weiss and Horton. Now i doubt Booth has that kind of trade value at the moment, Weiss for reasons discussed many times is unlikely to be moved and IMO Horton will be as important as Bouwmeester for us in the long term.

I'd be really interested in seeing what a package of Van Ryn and OJ could land us

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:55 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I enjoy seeing my best friend, but im not upset that i haven't seen him in 2 months. Hockey players are professionals, not trading somebody because it may upset a fellow team member is ridiculous. Also assuming Horton is still dating Tammy Plante, why the hell would he care about anything else in life other than having a little touchy touchy?

Whilst JM is here, i doubt Olesz gets traded. Vancouver needs scoring, so it makes little sense to offload the Sedin's, unless we add another offensive weapon with OJ. The only guys who even remotely fit that category are Booth, Weiss and Horton. Now i doubt Booth has that kind of trade value at the moment, Weiss for reasons discussed many times is unlikely to be moved and IMO Horton will be as important as Bouwmeester for us in the long term.

I'd be really interested in seeing what a package of Van Ryn and OJ could land us
Horton got married over the summer. And Id like to keep MVR, since he can be a serviceable Dman if his wrist/s are healthy. Id like to see what Olli, Stumpel, and Kilger could get us lol. I would give all three to Vancouver for the twins. Even drive them up there myself.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Horton got married over the summer. And Id like to keep MVR, since he can be a serviceable Dman if his wrist/s are healthy. Id like to see what Olli, Stumpel, and Kilger could get us lol. I would give all three to Vancouver for the twins. Even drive them up there myself.
I'd feel sorry for Kilger. Vancouver, Toronto and Florida. No wonder he doesn't want to play hockey.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Do you have room in the car for Mezei???

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
No way!!! I would not include Olesz! He still has not shown us what he can do in a full season(Injuries) and is still developing! He has really showed us since coming back from injury how he can play. I wouldn't mind including someone else, but I would say all the young players below are untouchable:

In no particular order:
Horton
Weiss
Booth
Olesz
Kreps(I think he has played himself on to this list this season!)
Matthias
Repik
Frolik
Welch
Bouwmeester

Old
04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Do you have room in the car for Mezei???
He is a UFA, so it doesnt matter.

OTOH...I would trade Olli for the twins. They are both UFAs after next season, and it would cost us a lot to sign both. Id do the do deal if they both sign extensions worth $11 million total.

Old
04-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
He is a UFA, so it doesnt matter.

OTOH...I would trade Olli for the twins. They are both UFAs after next season, and it would cost us a lot to sign both. Id do the do deal if they both sign extensions worth $11 million total.
It was a joke!!! I just want him as far away from our team as possible. And smugling him into another country would do that!

Old
04-06-2008, 12:52 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
No way!!! I would not include Olesz! He still has not shown us what he can do in a full season(Injuries) and is still developing! He has really showed us since coming back from injury how he can play. I wouldn't mind including someone else, but I would say all the young players below are untouchable:

In no particular order:
Horton
Weiss
Booth

Olesz...maybe
Matthias
Repik
Frolik
Welch
Bouwmeester
Too many. Thats where I would go.

Old
04-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Rumor is that Luongo's not happy and that he'd like to be reunited with Olli.

That being said, I can see the Sedins coming here for Olli, Kreps and a 2nd. If it means they can make their goalie happy.

Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Clint

My gosh. I love Jokinen, Horton, and Olesz but I think I would be willing to trade 2 of the 3 for the Sedin twins.

It would hurt, but it would be worth it in the long run. The loss of Olesz's two-way game is made up by Henrik's defensive game and his playmaking ability. And Daniel is just a great all-around offensive player.

Old
04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
Rumor is that Luongo's not happy and that he'd like to be reunited with Olli.

That being said, I can see the Sedins coming here for Olli, Kreps and a 2nd. If it means they can make their goalie happy.
That's more doable! I would do that trade providing the Sedins sign an extention!

Old
04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
They weren't going to come to the NHL if they weren't on the same team, I'm almost certain that still applies.

Could be that Olli alone gets the twins, though, I'm sure it'll take more. Naslund, Linden, and the twins gone would free up a considerable amount of cap room for them allowing them to start whatever process it is they want to start. Olli at his salary is quite the bargain.

04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Aquiring the Sedins doesn't help this team too much. Give it a shot if JM can get them, but he has to aquire more than just one top line player in the bodies of two brothers.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 01:46 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
Aquiring the Sedins doesn't help this team too much. Give it a shot if JM can get them, but he has to aquire more than just one top line player in the bodies of two brothers.
Sedin - Sedin - Rolston(C)
Booth - Weiss - Horton

or

Sedin - Sedin - Prospal
Booth - Weiss(C) - Horton

I would take that as our two top lines.

Old
04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:

In no particular order:
Horton
Weiss
Booth
Olesz
Matthias
Repik
Frolik
Welch
Bouwmeester
So basically you'd be willing to trade Jokinen and, pretty much nothing.

The only way I could see Nonis entertaining a trade involving the Sedins and Jokinen was if Horton was also involved in the deal. I could see the Canucks adding one of their defenseman to the deal for something else if the Panthers need defensive help.

As far as re-signing the Sedins goes, anyone who has their rights should have a pretty shot at re-signing them. They're going to want to remain together so they aren't likely to ask for the moon financially as there aren't too many teams that could just drop down $12M+ for two players in one off-season. My guess is that they both sign for around $5-5.5M per long term.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post

The only way I could see Nonis entertaining a trade involving the Sedins and Jokinen was if Horton was also involved in the deal. I could see the Canucks adding one of their defenseman to the deal for something else if the Panthers need defensive help.
While more on his list needs to be made available, I don't think Horton will be a part of that possible trade. He worked to well with Booth and Weiss, we haven't had that kind of chemistry for some time.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
Are you kidding? If we can get the Sedins for Just Olli our scoring goes up significantly.

Daniel Henrik Zednik
Booth Weiss Horton

All of a sudden we have two legit scoring lines, and all of a sudden Richard Zednik is a 30 goal player.

Last edited by Clint: 04-06-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old
04-06-2008, 02:06 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post

As far as re-signing the Sedins goes, anyone who has their rights should have a pretty shot at re-signing them. They're going to want to remain together so they aren't likely to ask for the moon financially as there aren't too many teams that could just drop down $12M+ for two players in one off-season. My guess is that they both sign for around $5-5.5M per long term.
A couple of things might work in our favor with any scenario involving the Sedins and Jokinen:

1. If, in fact, the rumors about Luongo wanting to be reunited with Olli are true, then I would surmise Nonis would do everything possible to make that happen. Even if it means taking a couple lesser players from Florida to complete the deal.

2. Olli is relatively cheap, and as mentioned before, freeing Naslund would give Nonis some spending room to fill the roster.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
A couple of things might work in our favor with any scenario involving the Sedins and Jokinen:

1. If, in fact, the rumors about Luongo wanting to be reunited with Olli are true, then I would surmise Nonis would do everything possible to make that happen. Even if it means taking a couple lesser players from Florida to complete the deal.
I really doubt Nonis would trade two players, who both put up more points, for Jokinen just because Luongo wants to be reunited with him. Luongo wants to win first and foremost and moving the Sedins for Jokinen doesn't improve this team at all. I could see if Jokinen was some great leader that could carry his team on his back, but he's yet to show he can do that.

Quote:
2. Olli is relatively cheap, and as mentioned before, freeing Naslund would give Nonis some spending room to fill the roster.
The Sedins are even cheaper and Naslund is likely gone regardless of what happens with the Twins.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Georgia Panther

You are not going to get the Sedin Twins for Jokinen and spare change. Whatever it takes besides Jokinen will have to be SIGNIFICANT.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Its simple...if Louie wants to be reunited with Olli, then this works for me:
Vokoun to Vancouver
Luongo to Florida