HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen for the Sedin twins ?

Old
04-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Its simple...if Louie wants to be reunited with Olli, then this works for me:
Vokoun to Vancouver
Luongo to Florida
That is exactly what my husband said. I don't really want Luongo back.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
You are not going to get the Sedin Twins for Jokinen and spare change. Whatever it takes besides Jokinen will have to be SIGNIFICANT.
Okay, but it's certainly not going to be Jokinen & Horton for the Sedins!!! If that's the trade they want they can keep the twins!

Last edited by Beezer: 04-06-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Okay, but it's certainly not going to be Jokinen & Horton for the Sedins!!! If that's the trade they want they can keep the twins!
Just out of curiosity, what would you be willing to give up? Looking at your list of untouchables I can't really think of any players of any worth that could be added to Jokinen to match the Sedins' worth.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 03:24 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I think Jokinen & Olesz for the twins would be close to fair value for both clubs. It wouldn't take major additions from either side to get that deal done.

I'd hate to lose Olesz. I really think he's starting to develop into the player everyone envisioned. You have to give to get though.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Just out of curiosity, what would you be willing to give up? Looking at your list of untouchables I can't really think of any players of any worth that could be added to Jokinen to match the Sedins' worth.
I think Jokinen, Olesz would be pretty fair considering the Sedins have only one year left on their contracts and Jokinen has two. Olesz is a quality talent, it's just a gamble whether his scoring touch will catch up with the rest of his game. As is and he'll only turn 23 next season , he's a quality third liner with the ability to become a Jere Lehtinen-type player in his prime.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I think Jokinen, Olesz would be pretty fair considering the Sedins have only one year left on their contracts and Jokinen has two. Olesz is a quality talent, it's just a gamble whether his scoring touch will catch up with the rest of his game. As is and he'll only turn 23 next season , he's a quality third liner with the ability to become a Jere Lehtinen-type player in his prime.
That's certainly a better offer, not sure if it's exactly what the Canucks would be looking at, but value wise it's probably pretty fair. Is Olesz mainly a LW'er or is he suitable at RW as well? And if Olesz is currently viewed as a 3rd liner than that means the Canucks will be looking for even more top 6 forwards this off-season if they were to move both Sedins for just one top 6 guy in Jokinen. Probably would require both Naslund and Morrison to return which may go against what Canucks' management has in mind.

Old
04-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
That's certainly a better offer, not sure if it's exactly what the Canucks would be looking at, but value wise it's probably pretty fair. Is Olesz mainly a LW'er or is he suitable at RW as well?
He's played both.

Old
04-06-2008, 03:42 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
That's certainly a better offer, not sure if it's exactly what the Canucks would be looking at, but value wise it's probably pretty fair. Is Olesz mainly a LW'er or is he suitable at RW as well? And if Olesz is currently viewed as a 3rd liner than that means the Canucks will be looking for even more top 6 forwards this off-season if they were to move both Sedins for just one top 6 guy in Jokinen. Probably would require both Naslund and Morrison to return which may go against what Canucks' management has in mind.
On the top line this season he looked dominant with Jokinen. He is a top six talent mind you, no way will he just be a career third liner. Progressing VERY nicely

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Olesz has top six potential - he is currently on the top line with Jokinen & McClean.

I expect him to develop into a player who averages in the mid 20's goals scored with about 60-70 points per season.

He is already one of the Panthers best defensive forwards and is a great asset on the PK. I know this is a cliche on these forums, but the kid is really coming into his own.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 03:54 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Olesz has top six potential - he is currently on the top line with Jokinen & McClean.

I expect him to develop into a player who averages in the mid 20's goals scored with about 60-70 points per season.

He is already one of the Panthers best defensive forwards and is a great asset on the PK. I know this is a cliche on these forums, but the kid is really coming into his own.
And to add- very very strong on his skates, rarely knocked off the puck, infact a few times he has gone into the offensive zone with both defenders trying to take him off the puck, and they couldn't.

He has above average hands, they are pretty decent, just doesn't use them as much as he should. Also has a booming slapper we saw a few times this year.

He really is turning into a great player, 2 way forward with a bit leaning to the defensive side.

Old
04-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
On the top line this season he looked dominant with Jokinen. He is a top six talent mind you, no way will he just be a career third liner. Progressing VERY nicely
Abd because Olesz has developed so nicely with Olli, I'm hesitant to trade him away, even for the Sedins. Could be that all we need for a legit number 1 line is someone to compliment those 2 guys. Be it Matthias, Frolik, or a UFA, I'm not so sure I want to give up on Olesz. Besides, he's a big team guy and is quickly becoming a fan favorite, something we've sent away too often. I mean, the guy caters to the crowd and also stopped for about an hour last Saturday to spend time talking to the fans. Stand-up guy.

Wouldn't mind seeing Olesz with the Sedin's if we get them for Olli. Not sure what else I'd actually be 'cool' with adding to get them, though.

04-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Abd because Olesz has developed so nicely with Olli, I'm hesitant to trade him away, even for the Sedins. Could be that all we need for a legit number 1 line is someone to compliment those 2 guys. Be it Matthias, Frolik, or a UFA, I'm not so sure I want to give up on Olesz. Besides, he's a big team guy and is quickly becoming a fan favorite, something we've sent away too often. I mean, the guy caters to the crowd and also stopped for about an hour last Saturday to spend time talking to the fans. Stand-up guy.

Wouldn't mind seeing Olesz with the Sedin's if we get them for Olli. Not sure what else I'd actually be 'cool' with adding to get them, though.
Haha trust me, we won't be getting the Sedin twins for Jokinen. Vancouver would blow up, and Nonis would be lynched.

And secondly, I think your correct. Do not give up on Olesz, I think he is very very valuable to this team and shouldn't be traded. I think if we add a player like prospal or Rolston through free agency we would be good to go.

I think your completely right in the sense that we dont need to go throwing away our core.

Sedins are nice dont get me wrong but, well it wont happen anyway

Old
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
I would probably do one of below

Jokinen/Kreps/Ellerby
or
Jokinen/Stumpel/Kreps
or
Jokinen/Stumpel/Ellerby
or
Jokinen/McLean(Don't really wan't to do this one cause McLean really played well this year)

Old
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Other than Horton and Olesz, what else is there really that could be added? The Canucks would have no interest in Zednik or Stumpel and Booth and Kreps don't really bring anything to the table that the Canucks don't already have. If the Canucks were to trade their two best offensive players they'd need two top 6 forwards in return, or one elite forward ala Lecavalier.

Old
04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Other than Horton and Olesz, what else is there really that could be added? The Canucks would have no interest in Zednik or Stumpel and Booth and Kreps don't really bring anything to the table that the Canucks don't already have. If the Canucks were to trade their two best offensive players they'd need two top 6 forwards in return, or one elite forward ala Lecavalier.
I know what you're talking about. Trust me, I wouldn't put up a proposal throwing you Jokinen and some trash for two sick players. Just hesitant to give away the core that we have been building for.. over 7 yrs. LOL

Old
04-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I would probably do one of below

Jokinen/Kreps/Ellerby
or
Jokinen/Stumpel/Kreps
or
Jokinen/Stumpel/Ellerby
or
Jokinen/McLean
None of those would get it done IMO. With the Canucks' defensive depth Ellerby just wouldn't be someone that would be of much interest. The rest of the pieces involved aren't tempting at all.

Old
04-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

this trade won't happen with just Olli, and it definately won't include Olesz or Horton so it probably will never happen!

Old
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I agree with that. Something else needs to go back, but I don't know exactly what I as an individual would be OK with being put into a trade for them. Then again, I'm also in the seat that would rather see Olli stay and have the team add another top-line forward.

I'm not the GM, so I don't have any idea what it would or could possibly take. Perhaps the Nucks are looking to offload them just to add Olli and then bring in UFAs based on that? Maybe they think they can do better without the Sedins, naslund, etc.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I'm not the GM, so I don't have any idea what it would or could possibly take. Perhaps the Nucks are looking to offload them just to add Olli and then bring in UFAs based on that? Maybe they think they can do better without the Sedins, naslund, etc.
If that's Nonis' thinking he should be fired now. The Sedins' aren't players that are "offloaded". I'm sure there would be plenty of teams interested in making a solid offer for two 70+ point forwards who play a two-way game. The Canucks may be after Jokinen, but I can't see them wasting trade value just to get him.

I think the two teams will talking leading up to the draft, but if Martin stays firm on wanting both Sedins for Jokinen, Nonis will hopefully just walk away again.

Old
04-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
I never said Olesz was a career third liner only, that on a quality team, he presently would be a third liner because of his offensive production. I also said he was still young, 23 next season, and had the potential to develop into a Jere Lehtinen-type player in his prime and in his prime he was a great all-around forward, a Selke trophy winner as the NHL's best defensive forward and a 30 goal scorer. But having that potential and actually becoming that player is two different things. It's a gamble on the offensive side with Olesz. As is, at present, Olesz is a QUALITY third-line winger on an elite team with the potential to be much, much more. You certainly would be hesitant to deal such a talent but as Treefrog said, you have to give to get when you're trading for established quality which is what the Sedin twins are.

Old
04-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
If that's Nonis' thinking he should be fired now. The Sedins' aren't players that are "offloaded". I'm sure there would be plenty of teams interested in making a solid offer for two 70+ point forwards who play a two-way game. The Canucks may be after Jokinen, but I can't see them wasting trade value just to get him.

I think the two teams will talking leading up to the draft, but if Martin stays firm on wanting both Sedins for Jokinen, Nonis will hopefully just walk away again.
I agree, I was just going with the extreme case in point.

I'm not much of a fan of talking about possible trade scnarios, we have no idea as to what the value is and what is being talked about.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
I agree with that. Something else needs to go back, but I don't know exactly what I as an individual would be OK with being put into a trade for them. Then again, I'm also in the seat that would rather see Olli stay and have the team add another top-line forward.

Completely agree with that statement word for word!

Old
04-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
I never said Olesz was a career third liner only, that on a quality team, he presently would be a third liner because of his offensive production. I also said he was still young, 23 next season, and had the potential to develop into a Jere Lehtinen-type player in his prime and in his prime he was a great all-around forward, a Selke trophy winner as the NHL's best defensive forward and a 30 goal scorer. But having that potential and actually becoming that player is two different things. It's a gamble on the offensive side with Olesz. As is, at present, Olesz is a QUALITY third-line winger on an elite team with the potential to be much, much more. You certainly would be hesitant to deal such a talent but as Treefrog said, you have to give to get when you're trading for established quality which is what the Sedin twins are.
Well I understand that yes, and of course you have to give to get, I thought you were saying he is tapped as a Good 3rd liner. Sorry

Old
04-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Olesz had 7 goals and 4 assists over a 15 game span once he came back from injury on Feb. 15th! I am not saying he is going to do that every 15 games in his career. I am saying he is still developing and is getting better as he gets more and more games under his belt. He is only 23!

Old
04-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Olesz had 7 goals and 4 assists over a 15 game span once he came back from injury on Feb. 15th! I am not saying he is going to do that every 15 games in his career. I am saying he is still developing and is getting better as he gets more and more games under his belt. He is only 23!
And how is what you just said different than what I have been saying?