HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen for the Sedin twins ?

Old
04-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Olesz is strong on the puck specially along the boards because of his leg strength!!! He reminds me alot of Niklas Hagman although Olesz has a much better shot. We didn't wait with Hagman and traded him away. Look what Hagman has done this year in Dallas. Olesz will develop into a better producer offensively than Hagman has been in Dallas. We just need to give the kid some time! I know we all want to get into the playoffs but let's give our kids a chance and let them develop rather than trading them away. I can think of many names that we gave up on in years past who went on to do very well on other teams & I don't want to add Olesz to that list!!!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Georgia Panther

Then don't talk about making trades for established quality players because Olesz is the type of player you have to give up for them.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Then don't talk about making trades for established quality players because Olesz is the type of player you have to give up for them.
Exactly, its the same with any team.. People feel they can trade their garbage for others impact players. Same crap diff team.

People need to understand that you wont get quantity and quality etc. Without giving up other quality, nobody is waiting to take **** for gold.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Incase you didn't notice I wasn't the one that opened this thread!!! I would rather keep Olli than trade him!!!

Old
04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Incase you didn't notice I wasn't the one that opened this thread!!! I would rather keep Olli than trade him!!!
Still? Wow.

I'm willing to give him a pass on the 2nd half.. but yeah im not all that high on him, anymore.

Way underperformed the second half, and didnt come up big when he needed to, and he was the captain during it all. Not too good in my books.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
Still? Wow.

I'm willing to give him a pass on the 2nd half.. but yeah im not all that high on him, anymore.

Way underperformed the second half, and didnt come up big when he needed to, and he was the captain during it all. Not too good in my books.
Olli didn't give up on the Panthers a couple years ago when he resigned and we should not give up on him now!!! It's not his fault players got injured, not even Zednik.

He also hasn't had anyone to really play with. That I think JM will fix this offseason. I am sure of it!!! We needed a goalie, JM got T-Vo. We needed a tough guy, JM got Belak. We need a 1st line winger to play with Olli, JM will get him.

Old
04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

The Sedin twins for Jokinen and another player should be fine.

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
jrockett1096

I like Olli Jokinen but i would do that trade in heartbeat with a Olesz or insert a name other than Bouw, Weiss or Horton. Don't think it would happen though.

jrockett1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 08:17 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I'd feel sorry for Kilger. Vancouver, Toronto and Florida. No wonder he doesn't want to play hockey.
its not like he had to go to Edmonton.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Vokoun29

So Horton is close to Olli, that does make sense because it shows on the ice

A la bin ban ban I will take the Twins for Olli without any hesitation.

Now an alternate scenario say Olli-Olesz for the Twins, I would not like it cuz I love Rusty but we would benefit on offense so it would hurt but if it needs to be done then its done.
Now Horton and an Olli trade straight for the Twins NO! I would love a counter offer like this- Olli-Horton-Vokoun-Zednik-Olesz for Henrik,Dany,Roberto,Kesler, I would do this one in a heartbeat after saying oh well I'll miss ya Tomas and Olesz.

Vokoun29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:15 AM
dspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
They weren't going to come to the NHL if they weren't on the same team, I'm almost certain that still applies.
That is completely untrue. They had no idea they would be playing for the same team until draft day.

dspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspot View Post
That is completely untrue. They had no idea they would be playing for the same team until draft day.
Don't quote me, but I remember hearing something draft-day about how they really, REALLY wanted to play with each other. I don't know about not coming to the NHL at all, but there was a reason Vancouver was hustling and bustling trying to get those back to back picks.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:41 AM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Don't quote me, but I remember hearing something draft-day about how they really, REALLY wanted to play with each other. I don't know about not coming to the NHL at all, but there was a reason Vancouver was hustling and bustling trying to get those back to back picks.
They did really want to play with each other, however they did say they were prepared to be drafted by different teams. It would have been interesting to see which player would have been taken first though, each year the "better" one seems to change.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 02:35 AM
pooladict

It amazes me how fans overrate their own team's player so much. You cant just trade someone who you don't want for someone else of value from another team. If you know this guy or that guy hasn't been performing well, what makes you think that other teams don't know about it?. I have seen Canucks fans propose the twins for Horton Olli and JBo... Laughable, thats about as bad as the real life Luongo trade.... Olli-Horton-Vokoun-Zednik-Olesz for Henrik,Dany,Roberto,Kesler is even worse. Florida gets every Canuck of value and they don't even give up JBo?

This isn't NHL 08 guys...

pooladict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 03:26 AM
NucklePuck

sedins+pyatt for OJ+horton

NucklePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 03:45 AM
Bandit

Why in the world would Vancouver do this? They need MORE scoring. Not the same or less...

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooladict View Post
It amazes me how fans overrate their own team's player so much. You cant just trade someone who you don't want for someone else of value from another team. If you know this guy or that guy hasn't been performing well, what makes you think that other teams don't know about it?. I have seen Canucks fans propose the twins for Horton Olli and JBo... Laughable, thats about as bad as the real life Luongo trade.... Olli-Horton-Vokoun-Zednik-Olesz for Henrik,Dany,Roberto,Kesler is even worse. Florida gets every Canuck of value and they don't even give up JBo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NucklePuck View Post
sedins+pyatt for OJ+horton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Why in the world would Vancouver do this? They need MORE scoring. Not the same or less...
It comes from 2 things:

1. We're fans of this team, same as the Nuck fans are fans there. It's human nature. I don't go to the store looking for even value or to give an arm and a leg, I look for deals. Nothing different here.

2. The 'Jokinen for the twins' talk is because that was the rumoured offer by Martin at the deadline.

As I've said before, the only way I see that kindof deal happening is because they want to free up space on the cap and the roster to bring in UFAs to compliments Olli. Don't see it happening, though.

Bouw likely won't be added, and why do you talk like Bouw's the least valuable Panther?

04-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspot View Post
It is completely true - it was discussed leading up to the draft that year, was talked about at the draft, and was the entire reason Vancouver went to the lengths to get the 2nd and 3rd overall picks so they could make sure to draft them both. The Sedins had let it be known that they possibly would not come to the NHL if they couldn't play together on the same team.

04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooladict View Post
No it isn't - it's fantasy hockey. This isn't real life, unless you guys are all NHL general managers using HFBoards as your primary method of communications to make deals, completely in the open and public using the old adage "the best place to hide something is in plain sight".

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
It is completely true - it was discussed leading up to the draft that year, was talked about at the draft, and was the entire reason Vancouver went to the lengths to get the 2nd and 3rd overall picks so they could make sure to draft them both. The Sedins had let it be known that they possibly would not come to the NHL if they couldn't play together on the same team.
Yeah, i couldn't find any articles about it, but I knew that was the case. I've heard it several times before. While they didn't know that they were going to be on the same team, they made it clear that that was what they wanted in order to leave Sweden.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
No it isn't - it's fantasy hockey. This isn't real life, unless you guys are all NHL general managers using HFBoards as your primary method of communications to make deals, completely in the open and public using the old adage "the best place to hide something is in plain sight".
Agreed. There's really no reason to even explain these kinds of things. Anyone know the percentage of deals talked about on any of these boards that actually come true? I'm sure it's pretty close to 0!

People only get upset because they feel that their team and it's players are undervalued, yet the opposite teams always overvalue their players. It's the nature of the beast.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:09 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Kreps + Peltonen + Stewart
for
H. Sedin

Idk, lol trying to think.

We don't need Daniel unless you want jokinen playin center. I don't know what Vancouver wants/needs so I just made a for fun proposal

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:59 PM
pooladict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
It comes from 2 things:

1. We're fans of this team, same as the Nuck fans are fans there. It's human nature. I don't go to the store looking for even value or to give an arm and a leg, I look for deals. Nothing different here.

2. The 'Jokinen for the twins' talk is because that was the rumoured offer by Martin at the deadline.

As I've said before, the only way I see that kindof deal happening is because they want to free up space on the cap and the roster to bring in UFAs to compliments Olli. Don't see it happening, though.

Bouw likely won't be added, and why do you talk like Bouw's the least valuable Panther?

You misunderstood, I talk like JBo is the most valuable Panther in terms of trade value

pooladict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
JM already did get Olli his winger, don't you remember Chad Kilger???? If you really believe Martin will get another scorer on this team to play with Olli ...[MOD NOTE - rest of quote deleted as original post was deleted]
Um... Kilger was supposed to help us in our injury situation... Obviously that didn't work out.

At the SSH meeting near the end of the year, two needs were identified and brought up by Sexton before anyone even got to speak. He stated this team needed another puck moving defenseman and a 1st line winger.

Those areas have not been addressed as the deadline in NOT the time for a buyer to make the best deals.

The management knows there are holes to fill. They know what those holes are. We just have to watch this off-season to see if those holes are plugged as promised.

Last edited by Acadmus: 04-07-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Agent Zero

How about Torres and Pitkanen for Jokinen?

Cogliano + Torres + Grebshekov

for

Jokinen and Allen

Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote