HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Blues at Jackets 04/06/08 - Last one out, please turn off the lights edition

Old
04-07-2008, 01:03 AM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Scott Howson had best get the best goal-scoring players he can and a #1 defenseman that plays well in all 3 zones...

Anson Carter, Todd Marchant, Scott Lachance.

Done, done and done Capn.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 04:46 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
Anson Carter, Todd Marchant, Scott Lachance.

Done, done and done Capn.
If those are the types of moves made this off-season, Howson should trade Nash and Zherdev to the Bruins and I can just pretend the Jackets never existed.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

[QUOTE=RickS;13496923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post

If you're the guy I think you are in 103, I think you failed
Thanks for remembering.

When they called Hedja for coming out of the box and having a Blue skate backwards into him, I lost it. That was about halfway through the third, I guess. (BTW - red shirt, second row right behind Ags - were you right?)upid

Also, stupid on me as usual for forgetting the camera in my phone when the Sestito-Rome scrum erupted right in front of me. I got one late, didn't really capture the fun - especially the one linesman.

Old
04-07-2008, 07:39 AM
RickS

[QUOTE=Double-Shift Lassť;13507033]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post

Thanks for remembering.

When they called Hedja for coming out of the box and having a Blue skate backwards into him, I lost it. That was about halfway through the third, I guess. (BTW - red shirt, second row right behind Ags - were you right?)upid.
Yep. I'm in 104, and thoroughly enjoyed listening to your rants. Good stuff.

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 07:42 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

[QUOTE=RickS;13507114]
Quote:

Wait a minute! Was it you DSL that kept yelling "you suck ref, and you suck, ALL of you suck!" LOL

More of that guy is what we need in 103.

Sincerely,
The guy in 103 who started the LEO! cheer last season

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
LaCosta Nostra

At least the Crunch players showed they know how to really stick up for one another. Even Lindstrom was getting his hands dirty!

I'm just glad it's all over. I can't stand to watch it anymore. After the first period, I told my wife that during the World Championships, she needs to concentrate on watching Nash because he's a dynamo when he's surrounded by true NHL first line talent. He thrives on it. But when he's playing with a 4th line brawler like Boll, you really can't expect much. Surprised it took Hitch until the middle of the 3rd to try Z on Nash's line. I think it was a little too late at that point. Oh well, at least I finally snagged myself a Chipotle 'shute!!!!!!!!! So not all was lost.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 08:31 AM
mossylog
Go jackets

i'm waiting for all of the people that said they were going to be upset about not getting to .500 this year and here we are. below .500. this sucks azzz. jackets got beach slapped yesterday by the blues. walt's 500th goal and the team all celebrating on our ice, only scoring 1 goal against hannu, and finishing below .500 for the year and then they have to come back out to the fans and give them their shirts and look us in the face and thank them. terrible finish to a season.

those fans that received the shirts should've taken the ice and played the game against the blues, it would've been the same output.

mossylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
The system didn't even "push" this club to a .500 finish.

On what grounds do you assert that this system worked? It's not gf/ga differential. It's not based on games won or points earned. HOW, PRAYTELL, DID THIS SYSTEM WORK FOR OUR TEAM?

Get real, sunshine.
The system doesn't play the game, the player do. The system did what it was intended to do. It kept the score down, and gave this offensively inept team a chance to win on most nights (when the team decided to play it).

I don't know what the players were playing the last few weeks, but it wasn't what we were used to seeing from the Jackets this year. Seeing as half the team was up from the 'Cuse, it wasn't terribly surprising. There were some positives. We seemed to increase our time in the offensive zone quite a bit and out-shot our opposistion quite a bit. We seemed quicker on transistion. But we couldn't finish (what a surprise).

Not really sure what you were getting at, but the goal differential got cut in half from last year. Even with the complete and total collapse over the last 3 or 4 weeks (we gave up a lot of goals in the last month).

None of this should really be a surprise. We took a team with limited depth at the trade deadline, removed 2 regulars, and we didn't replace them. Too many holes and we couldn't keep the ship from finally sinking.

I'm not sure why a few people were questioning our effort, we seemed to have plenty of that.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post

Wait a minute! Was it you DSL that kept yelling "you suck ref, and you suck, ALL of you suck!" LOL

More of that guy is what we need in 103.

Sincerely,
The guy in 103 who started the LEO! cheer last season
*admits sheepishly*
I believe I concluded with "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!"

Nice work, lee, BTW.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
*admits sheepishly*
I believe I concluded with "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!"
Our docile, cute, little flapjack bunny?
Wow.
(Somebody hand me that Holy Hand-Grenade.)

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote