HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Biggest Worry Facing the Bruins...

Old
04-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Erik Estrada

vCash: 500
Concerns:
-besides the home ice advantage, the regular season means squat in a 7 games series.
-the law of average.
-if they get a win, they'll feel like they've climbed a mountain and build some momentum.
-we've also surprised the Bruins when they were heavy favorites before (example: Steve Penney surprising them in 1985)
-they also have good young players (Krejci has been a big surprise for them since Savard went down).
-they've sucked against us, but they've played well against the other teams in the league (they're a better team than they've shown against us).

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better With Age View Post
Is not that we'll lose. Of course losing is always possible but in this case highly unlikely as we are better than them at every statistical and otherwise facet of the game.

My concern is that they hate us so much that they'll hack us to pieces and we'll only have half a team come round 2.
the bruins obviously have to try and be physical. They cant keep up with the habs in terms of skill and speed. They have to play to their strength.

But the refs will call the 1st round tight. That was the topic on the hotstove on saturday. The habs just need to continue to make people pay on the PP. And the bonus is that the pk looks great right now too. I dont think it has alot to do with what the habs are doing differently but more to do with how carey price sees shots through traffic. Huet was not as good at it.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala View Post
A lot of us are taking the bruins way too lightly... I wouldn't be surprised that they do the same trick we played on them in previous match-ups.
I don't really think it's the same situation. I can't seem to find the stats anywhere, but I recall that Montreal--despite having a significantly worse standing than Boston--actually played well against them in the regular season. I think the season series was tied the first year, and Montreal might have had the edge the other.

That's quite a far-cry from the one-sidedness displayed this season!

Cuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bermy

I'm worried that they pull a 2004 on us

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:13 PM
emb24*

an x-factor for us? the return of a very psyched up and angry mike komosarek. he'll be wanting to put some of the B's through the boards for the hit on him two weeks ago

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Habs

Chara could really be the biggest factor.... his size and ability.. and if Bergeron comes back...

I don't see this as a quick, or easy series.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Iwishihadacup

my biggest fear is to tear them to dust so that we won't be able to step on them

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Mustafa*

When i read that i was like "Yeah and then will rip them off in return!" But then i realised they're going golfing after this series, and who should we target... kowning that Savard is aldready out and... ther's nobody left to make a difference on this team... i mean Kessel? He can't shoot a puck on the net... Krejci? Does he know that the game is about putting the puck into the net? Whatever we might hurt in return it will just spawn back from the AHL... It's like fighting zombies! There's no point.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Chara could really be the biggest factor.... his size and ability.. and if Bergeron comes back...

I don't see this as a quick, or easy series.
They're goaltending is notoriously streaky. If they get hot, we won't be blowing them out... And who will we face? Timmeh to start. Then they have Auld, Fernandez and Rask... I'm not sure what kind of fight their goaltending will put up.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
I'm worried that they pull a 2004 on us
We don't have Andrew Raycrap in net for us.

Not too mention our best player isn't suffering from broken ribs like Thornton was.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
They're goaltending is notoriously streaky. If they get hot, we won't be blowing them out... And who will we face? Timmeh to start. Then they have Auld, Fernandez and Rask... I'm not sure what kind of fight their goaltending will put up.
To be fair, Price is an unknown at this point. Until he's proven something in the playoffs, the goaltending is unproven on both sides.

Old
04-06-2008, 07:45 PM
oli500

were not the only ones in this position.

Pens - sens

They played in last years playoffs. I think the pens are going to want to win that series, a bit of a rivalry going on

New jersey - New york Rangers

I dont think I have to explain anymore

the only one that lacks a rivalry is the flyers and capitals. take them out of the equation and the other teams have face each other in the playoffs. New jersery and new york is as much of a rivalry as montreal - boston in my opinion. so If we win we and the team were going to face in the second round are going to be even when it comes to hard fought hockey.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
To be fair, Price is an unknown at this point. Until he's proven something in the playoffs, the goaltending is unproven on both sides.
Thomas has never played a playoff game either. He could easily fold like a lawn chair under the pressure of playing in Montreal. He lets a bad goal in early and he's done.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Iwishihadacup

I also fear a great lack in chopsticks when it will be time to clean up the slice and diced bruins on the bell center

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Thomas has never played a playoff game either. He could easily fold like a lawn chair under the pressure of playing in Montreal. He lets a bad goal in early and he's done.
That was my point

People are mocking the B's goaltending but Price has just as much to prove.

Old
04-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

My worries are also about the Bruins playing dirty. But it's the only worry because as long as we have Price and they have Thomas we're going to dominate. Their only chance is to pretty much kill Price.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
JV

This isn't like any Habs team we've seen in a while. The Bruins are about as good as we were in 2002 (Juneau, Dackell, Gilmour?). And we're better than they were then, that's for sure.

The only thing that bugs me is starting at home, against a team that acts like an opiate on purpose. Having said that: Habs in 4. It'll take more than the B's have to slow us down.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
This isn't like any Habs team we've seen in a while. The Bruins are about as good as we were in 2002 (Juneau, Dackell, Gilmour?). And we're better than they were then, that's for sure.

The only thing that bugs me is starting at home, against a team that acts like an opiate on purpose. Having said that: Habs in 4. It'll take more than the B's have to slow us down.
The difference with the Habs team of 2002 and the Bruins team of 2008 is that back then we had a hot goalie. And that can take you very far even if you have the worst team. That's not the case here since the Habs have the top goalie.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Mathletic

how lame does it get at some point ?

Penguins don't want to face the Flyers because they're so tough, yet the Flyers don't want to face the Penguins because they have great offense. However, what two teams don't you want to face in the playoffs ? Teams with the best goalies, namely Jersey and Rangers. But wait, Ottawa has sucked all year and have yet to live up to their potential, so what if now they feel relaxed and start scoring ? It's not over, the Caps. Damn, they're hot, I wouldn't want to face Ovechkin nor Huet right now. So who's left ? Oh the Bruins. Man the Canadiens have beat them 8 times this year, they must be due.

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Habber09

It is our year Habs fans. Everything is falling into place. The Bruins are already black and blue from the regular season. We are not a team to be pushed around anymore. We will be in the Finals representing the East. Lead the way Price...

Habber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
cough cough kyle McLearen hit

04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstars31 View Post
cough cough kyle McLearen hit
Why do you bring up a hit that probably changed the series for the worst, for the Booins?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Habber09

Wow did he get the fans into it more than they already were... the kid was unreal!!!

Old
04-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Habber09

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
an x-factor for us? the return of a very psyched up and angry mike komosarek. he'll be wanting to put some of the B's through the boards for the hit on him two weeks ago
Cant wait till they unleash MK-8 on those Bruisens...

Old
04-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
The next Bruins fan who mentions the McLaren hit is forum banned.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote